It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayweather to Fight in UFC??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've seen tons of UFC and the like and sometimes I'm beginning to think those guys are rigging the whole thing. Some of the fights are just so superficial and for the power and strength of the atheletes, they should be able to rip each other apart blood, guts and all. Instead blood is spilt is too little and only from cuts and bruises even when they are given a clean kick to the face etc.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
As both a boxer and a MMA fighter i'll throw in my two cents.

I began my martial arts in boxing training at a gym called Team Extreme Fight Club- Detroit boxing.I picked up in Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu about seven months ago and have fought in the cage as well. In my opinion, overall, the MMA fighter is going to have the edge IF he is trained in at-least good stand up. MMA fighting is much more brutal and in your face. Mayweather would get ripped apart in the octagon without a doubt. I personally think one solid leg kick to his tiny legs would break him in half.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by USMC-oorah]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

USMC knows what I'm talking about.

A quick slam to the side of mayweathers leg will do him in. I don't think boxers quite understand how much it hurts to have your femur snap from a knee to your thigh. yeah try using fancy boxing footwork after your gimping around the ring cause your leg isn't responding.

Also a shoulder check is very devastating if done with any sort of enthusiasm. not sure if any boxing technique will work when a guy literally runs you over with his body, locks up your arms and then while holding on to your shirt cold clocks you with a head butt, which are very effective in a fight. I just don't think boxers are really ready for how nasty a MMA fighter can think in the ring. Mayweather would probably get indignant when he keeps getting hit in the ring by non boxing techniques screaming about how the other guy was cheating or not being fare cause he wasn't using a boxing technique.

Personally mayweather is a little arrogant and I wouldn't mind seeing him get destroyed in the cage.

Also, all those boxers out there. try hitting a solid object using a boxing punch without wrapping your wrists. go ahead n see what happens. try it it'll be fun.

<< 1   >>

join