It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utterly disgraceful website

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.godhatesamerica.com...

I really don't know what to say. But it's terrible, that people are like this. How can they claim to be Christian? What happened to "Love thy Neighbour"?

Maybe Dawkins is right, maybe we should get rid of organised religion. On further inspection, they don't seem that organised, not a very big group.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by apex]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The same way those idiots can carry signs that say, "God hates gays John 3:16". (I'm assuming; the website seems to be down)

There are those who use religion to further their own agendas. Because they exist, do you really believe that it should be banned outright? Make it illegal because a select few (whom the media loves to spotlight, in the case of those claiming to be "Christian") abuse it?

Newspapers would have to all be banned because some journalists have written false articles to further their own agenda.

Better ban the internet, too.

TV? Gone.

Just because something has the potential for abuse doesn't mean it is evil. In fact, it often is because it has a capacity for good that it gets corrupted.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
The same way those idiots can carry signs that say, "God hates gays John 3:16". (I'm assuming; the website seems to be down)

It took a long time to load when I went on it first time.

There are those who use religion to further their own agendas. Because they exist, do you really believe that it should be banned outright? Make it illegal because a select few (whom the media loves to spotlight, in the case of those claiming to be "Christian") abuse it?
No, I don't think so, it was an over reaction I had only just discovered it then, and was more than a little ______ off.

Just because something has the potential for abuse doesn't mean it is evil. In fact, it often is because it has a capacity for good that it gets corrupted.

No, true, I thin k it was my overreaction, but it is horrible such a twisting of the bible.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

An excellent point.

The site's up it just takes a very loooong time to load (and I'm on a T1). Don't bother though. It's exactly what you'd expect it to be.

They also have God Hates Sweden and God Hates Canada sections. No word on the Heavenly Father's stance on Lichtenstein, apparently.

These fruitbats do have an apparent issue with - Gerald Ford, Coretta Scott King, the murdered Amish children, the West Virginia coal miners that died in the mine, and the space shuttle.

This is the group that does the picket protests at funerals. You can't make this stuff up.

I could easily go to work on the knees of any of these whack jobs with a fungo bat and comfortably take what I had coming to me in the next life.

Me (at judgement): Come on, Big Guy. You KNOW they had it comin'.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
I could easily go to work on the knees of any of these whack jobs with a fungo bat and comfortably take what I had coming to me in the next life.

You know, I don't think I've found anything quite as horrible as those people on the web, with the exception of Iraqi execution videos.

And like I said, this really enraged me.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This website is brought to you by those wonderfully intolerant folks at Westboro Baptist Church, run by the equally wonderful Rev. Phelps. This clown has been discussed, and I might add, dissed severly here at ATS many times.

His group, or family, were, before they "discovered religion", a bunch of thieves and con men. His chief joy in life is to appear at soldiers funerals and disrupt them with shouts of "God hates F***".

Now then, I wasted two minutes of my life about this punkass conman, that I will never get back. So...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
[edit on 19-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
im fairly sure that if you look up Rev. Phelps in Merrian-Webster the definition is
(see Dumb )
(see ignorant Bigot)

Mod Edit: Do Not Circumvent The Automatic Censors. Please Review the Links Below.

ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors
Please Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

[edit on 19-4-2007 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi apex!! Im just here to show my support of this thread! I have been watching these folks for some time now.. I started a post on ATS here sharing some of the wicked youtube videos of them teaching this vile message to their own children!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep up the good work, and I have no intentions of trying to take your idea, or thread on this subject.. I just hope you see this as a gathering of good hearted people who honestly do CARE about our men and women that fight for the freedoms I have to come here and speak my mind without falling to haterd, or putting myself on their level..
They say its freedom of speech, But since when is it okay to hurt people with words? I dont personally feel what they are doing is freedom of speech. I think its straight for the pits of hell, and these demons are hurting other families under the geise of family values!!

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
well, it seems they hate the UK as well:

www.godhatesfags.com...

Ends off saying god hates the queen. Now no flaming for saying this, but I don't really find it all that offensive as they think it should be.

Still, if God loves them as much as they seem to think he does, You'd think god would give them a faster web site.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'd like to quote something from C.S. Lewis's "The Screwtape Letters". I think it speaks plainly of what Westboro is. For those of you who don't know, The Screwtape Letters are a series of letters from one elder demon (Screwtape) to a younger, less experienced demon (Wormwood) trying to corrupt an individual and prevent him from coming to know and follow Christ.

Whichever he adopts, your main task will be the same. Let him begin by treating the Patriotism or the Pacifism as a part of his religion. Then let him, under the influence of partisan spirit, come to regard it as the most important part. Then quietly and gradually nurse him on to the stage at which the religion becomes merely part of the 'cause', in which Christianity is valued chiefly because of the excellent arguments it can produce in favour of the British war-effort or of Pacifism. The attitude which you want to guard against is that in which temporal affairs are treated primarily as material for obedience. Once you have made the World an end, and faith a means, you have almost won your man, and it makes very little difference what kind of worldly end he is pursuing. Provided that meetings, pamphlets, policies, movements, causes and crusades, matter more to him than prayers and sacraments and charity, he is ours -- the the more 'religious' (on those terms) the more securely ours. I could show you a pretty cageful down here
(pp. 28-29)

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
well, it seems they hate the UK as well:

www.godhatesfags.com...

Ends off saying god hates the queen. Now no flaming for saying this, but I don't really find it all that offensive as they think it should be.

Still, if God loves them as much as they seem to think he does, You'd think god would give them a faster web site.

haha good point!

Yeah they have one point that I agree with.. But to agree with people who spread the message of hate ends up on your hands. Or blood soaked underware.. I only agree with the part that Bush is bad. The rest of their message goes into the recycle bin. I dont agree with the War and other things world leaders do.. But I dont go saying like they do.. Theres a way to handle things, and they sertinly are not handling this the right way..
Who am I to say whats wrong and whats right..
They are like the true chaotic Good charaters.. The kinda of people who see evil and burn them alive!! They are the palidines of their words..

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
I only agree with the part that Bush is bad. The rest of their message goes into the recycle bin.
Wait, are you saying you like Blair?

On their contact page they say that any threats, including death threats will be reported to the FBI. Now thats all very well, but they make the elementary mistake of saying that and yet insist that they are the only people going to heaven... If so, why worry if you die?? Not that I am promoting violence but it was a great issue that Dawkins raised.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by apex]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wait, are you saying you like Blair?

Heck no!
I dont like him either.. I dont trust many world leaders.. I just didnt want to agree with these wackos on to many points.. I do enjoy my sanity

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A little too truthful?

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
[edit on 19-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

They're hate ridden nut balls - homophobia implies frustrated erotic impulses.

Must be the tiny, itsy, bitsy hard drives....

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
They're hate ridden nut balls - homophobia implies frustrated erotic impulses.

Must be the tiny, itsy, bitsy hard drives....

Or just a complete lack of personal thought, as opposed to free thinking.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

homophobia implies frustrated erotic impulses.

You hit the nail on the head on that one clearwater! Ive seen a few guys in the WBC that made my gaydar go off!!

I know gay guys, transeuxals and lesbains. None of these people have done anything to hurt me, or make me feel uncomfortable. Becasue I know what I like, and who I am inside. Those who dont know themselfs are subject to this kind of action. They dont understand themselfs sexually, thus everyone else must suffer for their misunderstanding.
I dont remember anytime Jesus saying anything Ill about homosexuals.
Please listen to this druid about Sodom and Gomorrah. And remember LOT..

www.youtube.com...

edit: added the video here..

[edit on 20-4-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Whoa.
Yeah, that's some stuff right there.
But, seriously, who really cares?
These people...let them say what they want.
It's not like they speak for "God" anyway.
How foolish they are.
All sound and fury signifying nothing.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
Whoa.
Yeah, that's some stuff right there.
But, seriously, who really cares?

These people care.
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

When these people use the name of God, and gain money to have access to what ever means they need? I just see this group as the next ticking time bomb here.. I mean how many signs do you need to raise a flag on a group of harmful folk? Id just suggest keeping an eye out for these people. They dont deserve the attention I agree with you there Monkey, but its very much a gut feeling that this group is going to go to far one day.
just my observation.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yeah, um, what I really meant was:

These nuts are just that, nuts.

No disrespect.
I should have tried to word my reply better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join