It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church To Protest VaTech Funerals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I watched a report about Westboro, which pretty much stated that a high percentage of the family are attorneys. I think that they are trying to enrage enough people at one of these "protests", to the extent that the protesters are attacked physically. They would then proceed to do the following.

Sue the attackers.

sue the town/city for not protecting them.

Sue the state for not protecting their right to free speech.

Make no mistake. These people are aware of every law, and every loophole to make them a ton of money, if the response to one of these protests gets out of hand.

I admire the bikers who create the human wall between these sickos and grieving families. I can't give enough respect to the people who've lost a loved one in Iraq, and who has had to endure the Phelps family.

If they go to VT to protest, that might be a bit more than they can deal with. The friends of the teachers and students that were injured and killed, I imagine, are pretty much at the far end of the stress level that they can manage, so it could be a pretty volatle situation.

I can't dispute the Phelps family's right to free speech, but it would be nice if they could use a bit of decency and tact for once and just skip this one..

That will never happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
don't forget the communities surrounding the VT campus...I live close to blacksburg....it's like the communities have been wounded. and well, hope this doesn't come across in a bad way, but some of the mountain folks, by what I hear, just aren't gonna put up with a bunch of crap...

they seem to be very fond of Virginia Tech, they ain't gonna let these people just waltz in and start causing a problem, not now!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
exactly what i was getting at. i lived in bburg til 6 months ago, 4 blocks from tech. phelps and his will get a hostile reception to say the least which kind of makes me sad cuz with everything going on thats the last thing they need is a lot of their own going to jail over these morons in his church.

i just hope if they show up that common sense wins the day. id love to see them take the same approach the bikers did by simply blocking access to the mourners.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Damo, if you are refering to my statement about the biker gang then you got it wrong. They did not block mourners they blocked the sicko church group that was protesting.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
no, what i meant to say, was block phelps' access to the mourners, so i was agreeing with you.

sorry for the confusion

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Now Christians can see how it must feel to be a good Muslim who is not fanatical in any way especially those that condemn the Islamic religion as being evil. Wether you like it or not, these people ARE Christians and more then likely they view Christians that are unlike them as not being Christian. Its all in the way one mind interprets things. They read the bible totally different from most, just like wacko terrorists may interpret the Koran differently. To try and deny they are Christians is foolish just because they embarrass you. The only thing you can do is say they are wrong or misguided. (Which absolutely they definitely are)

Its such a shame good innocent people die and pieces of human garbage like this end up living long lives. Just look at Osama Bin laden...the prik is sick and yet still keeps going, and all those innocent people on 9-11 died. Maybe they are the lucky ones they don't have to live with the likes of godhatesfags dot.com anymore, and perhaps we are the ones living in hell.
The def need an azz whooping for sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
these people are behond annoying. if im correct this is the same group that instead of protesting the war in iraq was going to go to the funerals of the soldiers who died and protest there. it doesnt even make any sense

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatch333
these people are behond annoying. if im correct this is the same group that instead of protesting the war in iraq was going to go to the funerals of the soldiers who died and protest there. it doesnt even make any sense

In their mind, all these people are dying because God is punishing us for allowing homosexuals to exist in our country openly and freely. They believe its a just punishment and that all these soldiers dying are serving the evil purpose of the American way of life. Watch and see like all these other firebrand religious leaders, some transvestite prostitute will probably pop up out of the woodwork and turn out that the leader is just a closet case himself. He's probably the biggest flamer going. Anyone remember Herbert Hoover? LOL

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It seems like every time something tragic happens, this Fred Phelps opens his giant insensitive mouth and insults the victims. He did this awhile back with some American troops that died in Iraq; the situation was very similar, he was protesting the funerals of soldiers slain in the line of duty. Before he pulled that crap, he was spewing hatred against gay people, saying some very hateful and nasty things that I will not repeat.

This guy really needs to learn some decency and manners, especially when he aims his comments to the friends and family of the victims at a time when they are mourning. How would Mr. Phelps like it if some gunman took out half his congregation and then I said the kind of stuff to him that he is saying to others? He'd probably go berserk on me. Phelps just does not understand common decency and respect for his fellow beings. He has to just be trying to get attention in the media or something, but I really wish he would just shut up and that I would never hear of him again.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I hope these people die. Now. Nuff said. This is almost as bad as what the killer did in the first place. Decency people, please? Respect the innocent who were brutally slaughtered.

May they rest peacefully and God find these Westboro idiots before they sign their own death warrant.

Take care and peace,
- Naz

Edit: Westboro not Westbro sigh

[edit on 20-4-2007 by nazgarn]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Fred Phelps and his clan are a sick, sick group of individuals. I have seen him protesting in Topeka before and I tried not to let it get to me then, but protesting the VA Tech funerals is just wrong. I'm all for freedom of speech, but I think this oversteps all boudaries about decency.

exactly i would consider themselves the luckyest group of dicks that ever walked the earth if none of them got shot or beat up doing this if i lived in america i would go to that pickett and dish out what-for to those fundi bastards they have no right to be on the soil of freedom.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
Like I said I would not blame ANYONE who gets a mob together and arms them with baseball bats and goes after these people. Shoot just tell me where and when and I would join them. I remember there was a movie I saw of a biker gang that got together and actually followed some of these groups around the USA to funerals. Every time they settup their protest stuff they would turn their Harleys on and rev the engines so high it drowned the sickos out so the funeral could go on semi-peacefully. Also they formed a "wall of fists" quite litteraly to any of them that tried to get at the families during the funeral. Even if it be your enemy, let the dead be dead and rest in peace. Like I said those who fight for the US government are my enemy, yet I am not a sick (self censored) who is going to protest at their funeral. I have honor, they do not.
I bet if you had some weapons handy when these people started to protest it would get ugly if you gave it to the ones they were protesting against. People will say that is warlike and sick perhaps but there is a time and place for protesting, and unless it is protesting the moving of Hitlers corpse to a national monument founding ceremony where he will be prouded I suggest you suck it up and stay away from funerals.
Amazing no one has tried to shoot any of these people yet, truely amazing.

"Doing gods will." Hey FF remember the last time people thought they were doing that? Crusades. Look how many were murdered in the first crusade. It is only time before these sickos get "serious" and start going for peoples throughts and trying to kill other people because they do not agree with them. The link to the movie I gave claimed this one woman was teaching her children that anyone "different" deserved to DIE! How long before they put their money where their mouth is or will they? I say lets not chance it and get these sick freaks out of society before they start hurting people on a physical scale not a mental scale.

did a bit of digging on youtube and found that vid

[edit on 20-4-2007 by cancerman]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I find it difficult to comprehend how someone could be so filled up with hate that they would feel the need to go and protest at a memorial to the victims of such a tragedy. I read the pdf flyer posted by the OP, it says that the Westboro people believe that the shootings were a punishment for America for being like 'Sodom and Gomorrah', as they put it, meaning the tolerance of homosexuals no doubt, and that this is why they intend to protest. How wrong they are.

I heard an interview with one woman from the Westboro BC a few days ago on the radio over here. Such vehement hatred I have never heard, her mouth was like a pit of filth. I had some news for her and tried to email it in, but I was just one of thousands, such was the response. Undoubtedly it would have been a waste of effort regards herself, but I sent it really cos I wanted others listening to hear it.

Well, for what it's worth, here is, partly, what I had hoped to say, bear with it, it does have some relevance..
There has now been collected hundreds upon hundreds of accounts of near-death experiences. People's own experience of what happens when we die. They are consistent, and present a good body of evidence for an afterlife, and for what it is like. I have read through many of these accounts and studies based on them. Firstly, contrary to what the Westboro people are getting so het up about, God does not appear to hate homosexuals. I have only seen a few accounts that stated that the near-death experiencer was gay, but of those I have seen, they report pretty much the same kind of experiences as most other people - they are met by friends and relatives who have gone before and are taken into the light. When they are brought back, they report things like 'It didn't seem to matter that I was gay.' I doubt it needs saying for many people, but if being gay doesn't matter in the afterlife, and those who are gay are not punished, then America isn't being punished for its tolerance.

However, there are also accounts of experiences of people who have entered or been shown what could be described as hell - they are far fewer, but what comes out in these reports is that the primary reason that people have that kind of experience is because they have filled their lives with stuff like hatred, resentment, anger, arrogance - negative emotions. For those who return, clearly, they are being given a chance to change, and it would seem that they do - profoundly. There are accounts which give a broader picture and which suggest that the hellish state is not a permanent one, but to get out of it you have to let in the light, love. What seems to matter to God is not whether people are gay, but whether they fill their lives with hate or love. I don't see much love coming out of the Westboro Baptist Church, and I wouldn't like to see just how much bad karma they are gonna generate for themselves by protesting this memorial service and causing distress for people in mourning like that, but I can guess it's going to be heavyheavy. Some of those people are looking to spend a long long time in that place of darkness because of their misguided convictions, and that is sad.

Peace to the victims of the shootings and their loved ones, death is not the end.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Shame the student didn't start his killing spree with this group of twisted freaks.

On the point if anything happens then the group would start sueing, just make sure none the b'tards are left alive.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Sorry, I can't buy into the notion that Phelps is just a hard core Old Testimenter. His campaign is a purely divisive and provactuer-like mission. Anytime a christian leader in this country is so extreme and disgraces the church purposefully and repeatedly there's more to it than homophobia. I'll look into who funds this manipulated waste of humanity. Follow da money!

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vekar
Jazzer: word.

Go out and protest government, laws, bills, whatever have you. Protest the funerals of people who did nothing other than live their lives? That is sick and twisted. Truely it is. The government will bash the brains out of those who protest them, yet when it comes to something like this they do not even care.
www.bushflash.com...
^^One of the most hated families in America^^

There is no decency in some people, at all. Those who fight for the government and die for them are my enemy and all I can say is: "one less." Yet there is no honor in doing such things as the VA tech protest nor heckling funerals. There are more important things to do in life. Sick (self censored) pricks. I would not blame anyone for teaming up with a crowd and rushing those "protestors" with baseball bats.

what a video !!!!!!!!!! everyone should see this ! this is what happens when
minds snap and are allowed to raise children . sad state of affairs.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
nevermind.....I'm not paying attention today.........

[edit on 20-4-2007 by ferretman2]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think that the Phelps family has enjoyed the noteriaty they have recieved and wish to milk by being more and more offensive. I wish someone would pull a driveby with a paintball gun and some rotten eggs, piss, spoiled milk, and 3 week old coagulated horse semem, and get it on video and post it here on ATS. I would be willing to start a collection as a "reward" for such an act

Anyone live in Virginia?

Westboro baptist church

[edit on 20-4-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Is this that church thats largely comprised of family members? If so, i saw one of the spokewomen on tv one day. Man was she a raving lunatic.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here in Kansas we get our fair share of these nutcases. People have tried to stand up to them before, but as someone mentioned before, being that nearly every Phelps is a Lawyer the will sue anyone who fights against them. Eventually, those who are getting sued or ridiculed publically by the Westboro Baptist Church give up and let them continue to do what they do. They call it their "Constitutional Right" to protest these funerals of fallen soldiers and students, but then say that they hate America and we are all going to burn in hell because we are all Sodomites!

Does anyone see the irony here? They hate us (Americans) but they use "our" Justice system against us, which if they hate America and our government they should also hate the Constitution? It beggars belief...

I work for an HIV/AIDS agency as an educator here in Kansas, and to be quite honest, I am very surprised they have never protested at our agency or at any of the events we hold. You know...since Phelps says that HIV was given to us by God because we are sodomites. If he ever shows up here I'm just going to have to resist the urge to

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join