It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church To Protest VaTech Funerals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
www.godhatesamerica.com
www.godhatesfags.com...
www.godhatesfags.com

I've seen links on various websites in alot of places that this Baptist Church is going to protest at the Virginia Tech funerals. For whatever reasons I can't get either of these two websites to work, though. Here's a wiki article

"On the day of the April 16th 2007 campus massacre on the Virginia Tech campus, the Church declared its intent to protest the funerals of the students killed. This was announced on the Church's www.godhatesamerica.com website. On April 19th 2007, GoDaddy, the Internet registrar responsible for that website and its associated domain had suspended its registration, returning a "whois" DNS server entry of "suspended for spam and abuse". Internet searches find no indication of any allegation against Westboro in this respect having been made public, though a number of journalists and bloggers have expressed revulsion at the Church's plans to picket these funerals."

They say that God is punishing America for going the way of Sodom and Gomorrah

This is ridiculous...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Fred Phelps and his clan are a sick, sick group of individuals. I have seen him protesting in Topeka before and I tried not to let it get to me then, but protesting the VA Tech funerals is just wrong. I'm all for freedom of speech, but I think this oversteps all boudaries about decency.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Jazzer: word.

Go out and protest government, laws, bills, whatever have you. Protest the funerals of people who did nothing other than live their lives? That is sick and twisted. Truely it is. The government will bash the brains out of those who protest them, yet when it comes to something like this they do not even care.
www.bushflash.com...
^^One of the most hated families in America^^

There is no decency in some people, at all. Those who fight for the government and die for them are my enemy and all I can say is: "one less." Yet there is no honor in doing such things as the VA tech protest nor heckling funerals. There are more important things to do in life. Sick (self censored) pricks. I would not blame anyone for teaming up with a crowd and rushing those "protestors" with baseball bats.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There was a documentary about these 'people' (if you can use that term in conjunction with the Westboro loons) on in the UK a few weeks back, and I'd heard of them before that too.

Very, very strange people. It makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with them.

How long, I wonder, before some enraged parent who lost their child (whether it be in Virginia Tech or at one of the funerals of the brave US service personnel killed in action that they picket) snaps and does something nasty to them?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
These idiots are sickos. They were all set to protest at the funerals of the Amish School Schooting a few months back. They actually think they are doing God's Will. It's vile.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm doing it again...giving Phelps and his clan of psychopathic haters more of my time then they deserve.

My loathing of these vile, sick, twisted charactuers of humans knows no bounds. In short they bug the hell out of me. Con man, charlatan, thief, Fred Phelps is all these and more. He is complicent in driving a young woman to suicide. (I can't find the link, can someone help?).

Hating is what he does.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Like I said I would not blame ANYONE who gets a mob together and arms them with baseball bats and goes after these people. Shoot just tell me where and when and I would join them. I remember there was a movie I saw of a biker gang that got together and actually followed some of these groups around the USA to funerals. Every time they settup their protest stuff they would turn their Harleys on and rev the engines so high it drowned the sickos out so the funeral could go on semi-peacefully. Also they formed a "wall of fists" quite litteraly to any of them that tried to get at the families during the funeral. Even if it be your enemy, let the dead be dead and rest in peace. Like I said those who fight for the US government are my enemy, yet I am not a sick (self censored) who is going to protest at their funeral. I have honor, they do not.
I bet if you had some weapons handy when these people started to protest it would get ugly if you gave it to the ones they were protesting against. People will say that is warlike and sick perhaps but there is a time and place for protesting, and unless it is protesting the moving of Hitlers corpse to a national monument founding ceremony where he will be prouded I suggest you suck it up and stay away from funerals.
Amazing no one has tried to shoot any of these people yet, truely amazing.

"Doing gods will." Hey FF remember the last time people thought they were doing that? Crusades. Look how many were murdered in the first crusade. It is only time before these sickos get "serious" and start going for peoples throughts and trying to kill other people because they do not agree with them. The link to the movie I gave claimed this one woman was teaching her children that anyone "different" deserved to DIE! How long before they put their money where their mouth is or will they? I say lets not chance it and get these sick freaks out of society before they start hurting people on a physical scale not a mental scale.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Vekar, Thanks for that link. I'm watching it now. I feel so sorry for the kids in this church who never had a chance. Fortunately some get out, but not many. They're totally brainwashed.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Vekar. We agree on very little most times, but this ain't one of those times. Your last post was so very correct. My little brother is headed to Iraq for the second time this summer, should, God forbid, anything happen to him and Phelps crowd make an apperance. No force on Earth could keep me off his throat. Just a statement of fact. His odious ilk give true Christians a bad name. Nothing justifies what he does, nothing at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Let me just say this is not a true Baptist Church. They may call it that but it is a slap in the face of true Baptist's to call this is Baptist Church. I have known many Baptists and they don't like this church's beliefs any more than you guys.

This guy needs to be whipped severely with a bamboo cane. He is dishonoring the innocent people who died for no reason.

I also don't normally agree with VEKAR but this time bud I'm on your side.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
I'm all for freedom of speech, but I think this oversteps all boudaries about decency.

Roger, that.

I really does boil down to decency.

Whatever their agenda, whether we agree with it or not, their voices would be better heard in the proper venues.

It really is time for the media to simply stop giving these worms what they desire the most: attention.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Where's Al Sharpton when you need him, huh?

Seriously, in my opinion, what these people are doing (preying on people who have just lost family members) is much worse than what Imus did. I don't want to make this about anything else, but I would like to put the parallel out there for people to think about.

I agree with Grady that the media should stop giving this miserable hate-filled cult an audience.

p.s. I support their rights to do what they do...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
what if they got killed and people protested at their funeral saying its God's will for their asses to die? I'm waiting for something like that to happen...karma's a bitch

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I’m just waiting for the fine citizens of Topeka too rise as one and slay them.
These people have no morals what so ever.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
wow, im almost glad i dont live in blacksburg anymore, and that im about as far from there as you can get and still be in CONUS...i may be tempted to do something rash.

sure, i support their to free speech...but i also support my own...sadly at times my mouth gets the best of me...id so get arrested if i was living in bburg...bad reflection on myself but honest.

thing is, i KNOW people that still live there and if phelps and his cronies show up...i have to wonder about their safety. i mean protesting this there in bburg would be like trying to brag about a Honda motorcycle while in a biker bar, or wearing red bandannas in north omaha. just not smart. (for reference most bikers hate honda with a passion and north omaha is crip territory)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Personally, this is going to be one where they bite off more then they can chew. 1000s of Depressed, Enraged College Students looking to vent.

I think some of GODS wrath is going to befall these people. One can dream can't he

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
id worry bout the 1000's of card carrying NRA members that live in the area...

only place i lived that loved their guns more than my home in south dakota. i fear someone i know would do something stupid.

i disagree with phelps, and were i there id worry about my own ability to hold my emotions in check...but i ALMOST worry about phelps safety. not his so much but the brainwashed kids in his group.

CX

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It amazes me that these people are still alive, it really does!

I take my hat off to the thousands of people that have shown such restraint towards these sick, vile people.

I have this feeling that this show of restraint will wear out very soon though.

Sooner the better if you ask me.

CX.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Personally, I feel the so-called Westboro Baptist Church has every right to protest anything they choose. However, I would hope that Phelps, or someone within said church, has the presence of mind to

"accept the things I can protest;
the courage to protest what I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference."

Otherwise, I fear that any members of the congregation, who choose to particpate in said protest, may find themselves "behind the lines" (if you will) ... subject to the potential repercussions which accompany such a scenario.

My thoughts towards them [WBC],

Protest the issues, folks ... not the innocent individuals who have fallen prey to such.

[edit: italics tag]

[edit on 19-4-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Protest the issues, folks ... not the innocent individuals who have fallen prey to such.

i agree but to the quoted part let me just say: amen brother

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join