It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tigers Facing Extinction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i aint sure if this is right place for this article, i think it is. But if it isnt..sorry.

The Siberian - or Amur - tiger is the biggest of all the big cats and lives exclusively in the vast forests of the Russian far east. But poaching and traditional Chinese medicine are threatening to wipe them out.There are only around 500 animals left in the wild.

This is really sad, i love tigers. Need to stop the hunters.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Oh no not the Tigers!! I love them to but it seems only so that it is inevitable for animals to become endangered because, of our catastrophic mess as humanity.

/7A

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I watched a show about India's tigers and their impending extinction by Sir David Attenborough a few days ago. It showed how easy it was for poachers to slip past reservation security and basically hunt and kill without anyone stopping them.

Really sad, they are amazing animals.

Let's hope something can be done about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I hate hearing this, I didn't know they were so close to extinction. We are, right now, undergoing a major extinction. Something like one species becomes extinct every 12 minutes. It's heartbreaking.
"Habitat destruction, pollution, and other factors are causing an ongoing mass extinction of plant and animal species; according to some projections, 20% of all plant and animal species on Earth will be extinct within the next 25 years."

URL: www.ucmp.berkeley.edu...

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
WHAT
!!!! 1 every 12 mintues, wow we really ahve to change or theres going to be nothing left.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Man kind has failed... the test was co-existance. We can't even co-exist with ourselves. And for that reason alone I think we should be punished...

Cats are the most beautiful animals this earth has, too bad some people just have to expand forcing the exstinction of animals or need to look at dead fur hanging on a wall.

One time I was on a trainride, my space was next to some other young people my age (around late 20s). It soon became obvious that these were the spoiled kinda kids... parents loaded, kids inheriting their money and living flamboyant lifestyles.
After some time one of the boys started talking about hunting... game and such, but after some talk he turned into safari rides, to which his girlfriend asked if when they were going would he bring back some animals to stuff... and he said sure, maybe a zebra and a lion or something like that, after which she replied "oh yes, that would look so beautiful in the house"

At that point I almost planted my fist in her face... too bad I didn't, her head would have looked lovely on my wall.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
At that point I almost planted my fist in her face... too bad I didn't, her head would have looked lovely on my wall.

That is by far the funnest thing ive heard yet on ATS, BTS and PTS.We really got to change, tigers are pretty, but i love polar bears and dolphins.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vixion
That is by far the funnest thing ive heard yet on ATS, BTS and PTS.We really got to change, tigers are pretty, but i love polar bears and dolphins.

Why thank you
Cats are my favourites... I often fantasize about coming back as a black panther if that was posible

In the great whole sceme of it all I think we are giving us self far too much credit about being on this earth. So yes, I agree we have to change.
But I wonder how many generations it will take :S I will certainly be teaching my kids how to co-exist with nature, and hopefully they can affect a few persons along the way too...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
We have about 2000 Bengal Tigers(Panthera Tigris Tigris) left here in India.

There was a recent exposee where it was discovered that the ENTIRE tiger population(some 35 Tigers) had been extinguished by poachers in a WildLife reserve(Sariska)

I have seen these creatures in the wild.. magnificent..

new topics

top topics

join