It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians at Bible publishers have their throats cut

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Christians at Bible publishers have their throats cut

www.timesonline.co.uk

Knife-wielding attackers slit the throats of three people at a Christian publishing house in conservative eastern Turkey yesterday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.novinite.com
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
As much as I'm not a fan of Christianity, I'm really starting to hate Islam. Of all of the religions on earth, it is the biggest threat to civilization. Look, humanity does stink, and there are plenty of reasons to kill, but when your main reason involves which imaginary person you worship and how you worship him, there should be steps taken to globally abolish that belief system.

Also, read my two additional news links. The sniveling liberal reporters that wrote these two articles didn't even report the religious affiliation of the attackers. I guess they were worried about offending Muslims, and decided to be politically correct about it. We do it with black on white crime, so I guess this is next. How about these spineless cowards learn to give us the FACTS, and stop worrying about offending people.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
As much as I'm not a fan of Christianity, I'm really starting to hate Islam. Of all of the religions on earth, it is the biggest threat to civilization.

You need to read some history of the Christians. They have been and are still a far bigger threat to civilisation than any other religion has ever been.

Christians dropped two atomic bombs on Japan, but I guess you could find a way to justify that?

Christians have killed doctors over womens choices, but I guess you could find a way to justify that?

But anyway we would probably agree that those people are not real Christians, and we shouldn't blame Christianity?

So why do people keep blaming Islam!?

Guns don't kill people, people do. Religions don't kill people, people do.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Not quite sure what to make of this 'logic'.

Is it an example of 'tit for tat' and 'two wrongs make a right' type philosophy?

Originally posted by ANOK
You need to read some history of the Christians. They have been and are still a far bigger threat to civilisation than any other religion has ever been.

Christians dropped two atomic bombs on Japan, but I guess you could find a way to justify that?

The atomic bombs were not dropped on Japanese to demonstrate 'religious' differences. There was a world-war in progress.

Christians have killed doctors over womens choices, but I guess you could find a way to justify that?

In the above instances, those who killed the doctors believed they were saving the lives of unborn children. It was still murder, but it was NOT an example of 'those of one religion murdering people of another religion, based on religious differences' ----- was it?

But anyway we would probably agree that those people are not real Christians, and we shouldn't blame Christianity?

So why do people keep blaming Islam!?

People 'blame islam' when muslims murder people of other religions based on religious differences' .

If muslims DON'T want people to 'blame them' for murdering people ----- then they'd better STOP murdering people ! Simple.

Guns don't kill people, people do. Religions don't kill people, people do.

You seem determined to evade the issue with your greeting-card sentiments.

So let's return to the issue that has you so confused and indignant: WHY did the Turkish muslims slit the Christian's throats?

Is there a world-war occurring in Turkey?

Were the Christians at the Bible publishers in the act of killing abortionists?

No.

The Turkish muslims murdered the Christians at the book publishers because they were Christian.

Murder. Murder using 'religion' as justification.

You state:

Religions don't kill people, people do

Really?

In this instance, it was muslims who murdered Christians because they were Christians. Not because they were wearing tartan or eating pizza. No, the muslims killed the Christians because they were Christian.

No fancy dancing involving world-wars and anti-abortionists can change that fact.

It was barbaric and backwards. It was arrogant and ignorant. It was putrid ---- as is ANYone who attempts to minimise the crime or defend the criminals.

You say 'religions don't kill people' ?

Would the murderers have killed the Christians if those murderers had NOT been muslims?

Or, put another way ---- would those Turk muslims have murdered the people at the book publishers if those people had NOT been Christian?

So 'religion' DOES kill people ---- particularly when a religion exhorts its followers to 'kill the infidel'.

You have attempted to EXCUSE murder, using twisted and nonsensical logic.

Why?

What do you know of Christianity or ANY religion, apart from what your unschooled religious leaders have told you?

Do you find Christianity exhorting its followers --- now, in the 21st century --- to KILL those of other religions?

Show me where, please.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Spot on points to the above poster!

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
but it isnt so sorry can't give you one.

Either way, loved your response!!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
but it isnt so sorry can't give you one.

Either way, loved your response!!

It's there, just voted for him!

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

well the US is a christain nation after all and most laws are based from the bible also christains have most power in goverment

In the above instances, those who killed the doctors believed they were saving the lives of unborn children. It was still murder, but it was NOT an example of 'those of one religion murdering people of another religion, based on religious differences' ----- was

it still shows religous tolerance?
the extremist christains didnt like what they were seeing so they acted apon it just like extremist muslims

People 'blame islam' when muslims murder people of other religions based on religious differences' .

If muslims DON'T want people to 'blame them' for murdering people ----- then they'd better STOP murdering people ! Simple.

in this case from now on any murder that is commited by a christain and so forth it shall be the fault of all the people that follow that faith?
i mean its logical, if you can define the acts of some lunies from faith and put it on the whole group it can be said about all faiths.
every faith has its fanatics

You seem determined to evade the issue with your greeting-card sentiments.

So let's return to the issue that has you so confused and indignant: WHY did the Turkish muslims slit the Christian's throats?

Is there a world-war occurring in Turkey?

Were the Christians at the Bible publishers in the act of killing abortionists?

No.

The Turkish muslims murdered the Christians at the book publishers because they were Christian.

Murder. Murder using 'religion' as justification.

You state:

Religions don't kill people, people do

Really?

In this instance, it was muslims who murdered Christians because they were Christians. Not because they were wearing tartan or eating pizza. No, the muslims killed the Christians because they were Christian.

No fancy dancing involving world-wars and anti-abortionists can change that fact.

It was barbaric and backwards. It was arrogant and ignorant. It was putrid ---- as is ANYone who attempts to minimise the crime or defend the criminals.

You say 'religions don't kill people' ?

Would the murderers have killed the Christians if those murderers had NOT been muslims?

Or, put another way ---- would those Turk muslims have murdered the people at the book publishers if those people had NOT been Christian?

So 'religion' DOES kill people ---- particularly when a religion exhorts its followers to 'kill the infidel'.

You have attempted to EXCUSE murder, using twisted and nonsensical logic.

Why?

What do you know of Christianity or ANY religion, apart from what your unschooled religious leaders have told you?

Do you find Christianity exhorting its followers --- now, in the 21st century --- to KILL those of other religions?

Show me where, please.

let me get this clear to Islam doesnt adovate the killings of none muslims!
granted there are some paragraphs which condones the deaths which are only stated for self defence. the Quran specficaly tells muslims not to harm those that do no harm.

also the turkish muslims that did this are fantics just like all other murderes out there except they hide behind the veil of islam

also it is people kill people not religon

just a small quote

source (Cain and Abel) "On account of that, We prescribed with the Children of Israel that anyone who kills any person without another soul being involved or for causing mischief in the land, acts as if he had killed all mankind. Anyone who spares life acts as if he had granted life to all mankind. Our messengers have brought them explanations; then later on many of them committed excesses on earth." The Quran 5:31

no religion can excuse murder

also you will find this intresting

topic

its a debate and intresting enough anyone that has commited murder and so forth and begs forgiveness to god by going to a priest and so forth is forgiven by god and their soles are clean regardless of the crimes they commit

[edit on 20-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Not quite sure what to make of this 'logic'.

You completely missed my point. My point is Muslims who are killing people are not real Muslims. Just like our president is not a real Christian.
Any one can claim to be anything they like.

Real Muslims and real Christians don't kill people, if they did then they're going against the teaching of their religion. So how can they be what they claim to be?

I really don't believe Muslims are killing Christians just for religious reasons, that's just what your government wants you to believe.
The west has been trying to control the middle east for centuries.
No where does it say Muslims should kill Christians, that's all just media propaganda to fuel the war in Iraq.

The war with Japan was just about over, there was no need to drop those bombs.

Don't like my greeting card sentiments huh? Oh well.

So you don't agree with statement; guns don't kill people, people do, either.

Religion doesn't kill people people do, is just as valid as the other statement that gets used every time someone kills someone with a gun.

All I'm saying is don't blame the religion. It's a scapegoat.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
[well the US is a christain nation after all and most laws are based from the bible also christains have most power in goverment]-bodrul

I am sorry, but the US is most definitely NOT nor ever has been a christian nation...read your history!

the founders of this country were largely Unitarian, a non-christian religion; come to New England and tour the churches. The oldest ones are ALL Unitarian and there is at least one in each town.

President Thomas Jefferson stated in the Treaty of Tripoli 1796 that the US was not a christian nation, did not have any quarrel with Muslims, and did not endorse any religion...so there. en.wikipedia.org...

the US constitution states that the government shall not establish nor endorse any religion or prevent any religion from being exercized; this includes christianity.

By numbers there may be more christians in this country than other faiths, but this is a matter of catholics and protestants outbreeding everyone else; the US is no more a "white" nation than a christian one.

You may be glad the US doesn't endorse religions when we have to take in 30 million Iraqi refugees after we pull out of Iraq and they have their usual 8 kids per family and this becomes a "Muslim nation" after about 3 generations LOL

[edit on 21-4-2007 by j_kalin]

top topics

join