It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Tech Shooter: Cho Seung-Hui's Written Plays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Virginia Tech Shooter - Cho Seung-Hui's Plays

newsbloggers.aol.com

AOL News has obtained two plays a classmate says were written by Cho Seung-Hui. Ian MacFarlane, the former classmate and current AOL employee, provided us with the plays. A note from Mr. MacFarlane and links to the works appear below.

What happened yesterday:

"When I first heard about the multiple shootings at Virginia Tech yesterday, my first thought was about my friends, and my second thought was "I bet it was Seung Cho."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Cho Seung-Hui's Play "Richard McBeef"

Cho Seung-Hui's Play "Mr. Brownstone"

[edit on 4/19/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
While this information is relatively new, and thus subject to confirmation, I'm compelled to comment. Two facts are evident that are present in most school rampage shootings. The shooter exhibited violence through written media, and someone was aware of the violent writing. There was also an alleged trigger in the "relationship problems". Cho was a "loner", he used violent imagery in his writing. I'll bet there was some abuse in his past, either at the hands of an authority figure, or bullying. I'm curious as to his background in South Korea.

Also, I'm curious as to what kind of information is gleaned from his hard drive, for instance what kind of music he listens to and what kind of games he plays. People who engage in these behaviors do not just "snap" there are precursors, some of which are obvious, others which are subtle. Hindsight is 20/20, as the expression goes, and no one can be faulted for not observing these warning signs.

Those in the education field need to learn from these signs, and develop some kind of game plan to identify them. The staff of the institution are the first line of defense in situations such as this, and hopefully the deaths of the thirty two VT students and staff allow us to prevent the next such tragedy.

newsbloggers.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
Cho Seung-Hui's Play "Richard McBeef"

Cho Seung-Hui's Play "Mr. Brownstone"

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I try to befriend the "weird" kids (i.e. the ones that could have been potential school shooters) I've met in my life time. It's not easy. I wish more people would try to do the same. It could prevent another of this type of tragedy.

We are social creatures, and when we are devoid of our social needs (and they are needs), we become victims to our own worst thoughts. Usually that leads to suicide, but sometimes, it can lead to this.

I just recently saw Suicide Club that was trying to put a spot light on Japan's problem with a high suicide rate, and it blamed it's disconnected society. I can imagine someone coming out with a similar Homicide Club movie for here.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Anyone with any common sense would read these stories and conclude that something is not 100% about the person who wrote it...
I wonder what his parents were doing when he was getting more and more screwed up...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
^^^^^^^^
Do we know anything about his parents?

I just speculated on them in the other thread.

What Cho has done is beyond ANYTHING, really bad in and unforgiveable in his culture.

Does his parents reside in US or Korea?

I guess he must have had a step father.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I would like to hear what more people hare to say. What else did everyone think about the shooters plays?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
I would like to hear what more people hare to say. What else did everyone think about the shooters plays?

Even the professionals found them disturbing.

One of the first Virginia Tech officials to recognize Cho's problems was award-winning poet Nikki Giovanni, who kicked him out of her introduction to creative writing class in late 2005.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Obviously he was very disturbed.

Students in Giovanni's class had told their professor that Cho was taking photographs of their legs and knees under the desks with his cell phone. Female students refused to come to class. She said she considered him "mean" and "a bully."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Very good Washington Post article, around the question why wasn't he picked up earlier?

You ask me what I think about his plays? CRAP!

He has some paternal syndrome.

BTW! The question about where's the parents is answered in the article. They work and reside in the Washington area.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Disturbing and terrofiying plays read live on youtube. Not for the weak hearted.

youtube.com...

This is what I meant in another post. Had he lived and became a writer, the plays would be getting viewed in a very different light. The same plays used to call him a monster in this reality, could just as well been used to show his humour and wit in another.

Watch the guys reading the play in the youtube video. Hopefully you will see what I mean.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Nobody has anymore input on this. I am very surprised.

new topics

top topics

join