It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who post false information as fact.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
can we stop this? I made a thread once and then some guy came in and said "9-11 was caused by aliens with holograph technology and he insulted me by saying that I didn't know the first thing about it. Then, he went onto saying that planes never crashed into the twin towers, under the assumption that he was always right. He did this without backing it up with a credible source saying it wasn't hit by one, and that he said this based on his sole opinion.

Can we PLEASE tell the 9-11 truth movement to stop destroying the credibility of our board? PLEASE?

First edit: grammar changes

Second edit: MODS THIS IS NOT A RANT. THIS DOES NOT BELONG ON THIS FORUM. THE MEMBERS FORUM WOULD BE MORE SUITED FOR THIS.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I understand what you mean, and there are sites out there that would love to listen to that (cough) theory... People come here for the down to earth feet in the ground kind of info. from what I have seen.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
MODS THIS IS NOT A RANT. THIS DOES NOT BELONG ON THIS FORUM. THE MEMBERS FORUM WOULD BE MORE SUITED FOR THIS.

Then next time start it in the Members forum.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, kinglizard.

Will you join me in my attempt to conquer the world?

Will you be my adviser?

No one shall question our opinions...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Never trust a person who forces their beliefs on you, If they don't say "I believe" Or "wasn't it this way" then just don't bother...

My 2 cents..

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Chukkles, that's a pretty good rule of thumb. I have seen many people post things as if it were the absolute truth when it was stated as nothing more than opinion. However, that is the problem with today's society, everyone think that his/her opinions are the truth. Truth is, they generally haven't looked into many topics enough to even really give an opinion, much less know the TRUTH about it.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That's a good idea. The guy was forcing his opinion on the rest of ATS, and I got blamed by a mod for not accepting other peoples opinions. So, I didn't like what he said, but because I didn't accept it, I get blamed for not accepting other people? He was saying that they used alien technology for 9-11.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
but because I didn't accept it, I get blamed for not accepting other people?

Accepting other the rights of other members to post their opinion/information is different than being forced to accept that opinion/information as truth.

He was saying that they used alien technology for 9-11.

So? Ask for proof. If he gives none then just say - 'your opinon is interesting but there is no proof ... in fact, here is proof that says just the opposite' and then give that proof.

See? Wasn't that easy?

SR

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah people who are purposely vague and finally resort to personal insults are idiots that just look for gulliable people to believe them because they say so without bringing any real proof and evidence and hate it when things don't go there way. They usually expose themselves for the idiots they are down the line anyway in search for more attention

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I think we can all agree that posting hoaxes sucks miserably.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Newsflash! You're on a conspiracy forum. These people actually believe that garbage like it's their religion. Which is why I mostly steer clear of the 9/11 subforum. Why don't you tell the wives and husbands of the 9/11 victims, the firemen and policemen who watched the towers crumble and risked their lives to save the people inside about your little holograph theory.

Who's the public going to believe? Some teenager that's border-line schizophrenic or someone who actually witnessed/lived through the event?

Sorry if I offended anyone. I just don't like 9/11 conspiracists. I find them very disrespectful.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParesthesiaI just don't like 9/11 conspiracists. I find them very disrespectful.

Ditto/Agreed/etc.

top topics

join