It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela vs Netherlands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Chavez Claims everything within 200 nautic miles!including the Antilles

www.nu.nl...

sxmphile.blogspot.com...

After claiming presidency untill his death, now this..
Chavez issued his northern borders again, claiming everything within 200 nautic miles, the dutch antilles are just 40 nautic miles from Venezuela.
The Dutch Antilles phoned the dutch state department about this..
This guy makes me nervous, i wonder how serious our state department and military takes this?
Defending the Antilles and the fighting missions in Afghanistan, wouldnt that be a little too much? They beter deploy more F16 squadrons and fregattes over there..
Does the CIA have any [fidel] sigars left?...

[edit on 17-8-2007 by Foppezao]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well according to those articles, he's not talking about us, but about some useless, uninhabited little island which probably under the sea at this moment because of Hurricane Dean.

posted on Aug, 19 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I realy do not want this to happen because my father is going to work on Bonaire as a island secretary and my family used to live their! so Chavez leave those islanders alone!!

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Chavez Chavez..
Always the Opportunistic!
Stupid boy

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao the british did the falklands themselves, [although they could be usefull for refuelling our aircraft]

FOR THE RECORD... The British did do the invasion by themselves, but, Canada and the US covertly lent them a hand.

As you've opened the can of worms about the Falkland's Campaign, yes the Canadians and Americans gave us Brits covert help.

However, what is not generally known, is that there were former US Marine Corps snipers [allegedly] in operation against our lads especially on Longdon/Wireless Ridge.

With their superior night devices, they [allegedly] took a heavy toll amongst the Marines and Paras, but none survived the campaign and none were taken prisoner. Draw your own conclusions!

Somepeople have said they were renegade Marines anmd God knows, we've had a few of them, but I believe they were probably of Argentinian descent and acted accordingly.

With tension rising in the area in question, I seriously doubt if we in the UK could mount another campaign because we are seriously stretched in Afghanistan and Iraq and realistically, we would be scraping thew proverbial barrel and would probably need to get the TA mobilized.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The Netherlands and Venezuela have just completed a "VenHol" training code named: "Open Eyes". The training involved the two ships "Hr.Ms. Van Nes" and the "Mariscal Sucre".

There is not a thing we Arubians or the Antillians should be worried about.

antillen.nu... (in Dutch)

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Great News!!
When's the party then?!

Glad to hear things are good there.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I was going to create a thread about some new development in the Dutch/Venezuelan relationship but since this 2,5 year old thread has some really good posts i will just revive this one...

In the dutch newspaper "De Telegraaf" they are reporting this morning that a war with Venezuela is imminent.

DEN HAAG - Defensie houdt er serieus rekening mee dat ons land in oorlog raakt met Venezuela omdat dit land een oogje heeft op ’onze’ Antillen.

roughly translated..

The Hague - Defense department is seriously expecting a confrontation with Venezuela because they are showing interest in "our" Antilles

Most of you posting in this thread can read dutch so here's the link to the whole story, i didn't feel like translating it entirely. (anybody up for it?)

De Telegraaf

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Love the comments on that page (not). "Just give/sell the Antilles to Chavez. It would mean less problems for us". I am also a bit dubious, despite this earlier thread, and think it could be an April Fool joke. I hope so anyway.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

That is why i was a bit reluctant to create a new thread....We all know what day it is!!!

I will try and get some more background info to see if it checks out.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It's probably an April fools joke.

Over my dead body will we ever be part of Venezuela... And those fools who made those comments on the telegraaf couldn't even point out Aruba on a map. We live in the same kingdom, yet they don't know a thing about us. They either think we're all drug dealers (even though the Netherlands has much more drug traffickers) or that we either live in mud huts or in trees, like me or my relatives have been asked before. (Yep they actually asked my mom if we lived in trees).

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Apparently the defense department did present some reports on the 29th about future development in the Dutch army and where the focus of potential threat should be.

www.defensie.nl

Those are a lot of big pdf files. Will go through them to see if this claim can be found within the report.

Peace

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think i found the section in the definite end report on which this information is based..

Venezuela: opstandige speler in kwetsbare regio. De assertieve politiek van president Hugo Chavez van Venezuela is erop gericht de invloedssfeer van Venezuela in de regio uit te breiden en die van de Verenigde Staten terug te dringen. Hij zoekt daarbij de samenwerking met Cuba, Iran en Rusland. Ook bestaan er banden met criminele en terroristische groeperingen, zoals de Colombiaanse FARC. De assertieve opstelling van de regering-Chavez wordt mede mogelijk gemaakt door de inkomsten uit grote oliereserves. Als Chavez erin slaagt zijn presidentschap door een grondwetwijziging van onbepaalde duur te laten zijn, bestaat het gevaar dat Venezuela afglijdt naar een dictatuur. De veiligheid van het Koninkrijk en in het bijzonder de Benedenwindse eilanden kan door het optreden van Venezuela in de regio in het gedrang komen, al bestaan daarvoor vooralsnog geen aanwijzingen.

Implicaties voor onze veiligheid en voor de krijgsmacht Drempel tegen agressie. Vooralsnog wordt geen dreiging voorzien gericht tegen de territoriale integriteit van de eilanden. Toch kan de mogelijkheid hiertoe niet geheel worden uitgesloten. Er moet rekening worden gehouden met de eventuele noodzaak om de militaire presentie in de regio te versterken. Onder meer als gevolg van verschuivingen in de geopolitieke invloedssferen tussen Noord- en Zuid-Amerika kunnen de internationale verhoudingen tussen de landen in de regio de komende decennia onder druk komen te staan. Dit kan met het oog op de strategische ligging mogelijk gevolgen hebben voor de stabiliteit binnen het Caribische gebied en de externe veiligheid van de eilandgebieden van het Koninkrijk.

Eindrapport Verkenningen 2010 Houvast voor de krijgsmacht van de toekomst

Well somebody is blowing this out of it's proportions. Just the same old rethoric. Nothing to see here people....move along.

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Im from Venezuela and Chavez is not going to war with anybody, he is just the kind of dog that like to barks a lot but in the end doesnt bite, at least with others countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join