It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming out on ATS! (don't ask, don't tell...)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Fine by me Jakko. I'll judge you by the quality of your posts. If I knew you personally, I'd judge you by your character. It would be deadly boring if there weren't all kinds of diversity to spice up life.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
As nice as coming out of the closet. finding one's inner self and sexuality etc is, does this thread REALLY need to be in the Social Issues section of Politics.AboveTopSecret? Wouldn't the Relationships section of BelowTopSecret be better?
I'm just confused as to how a poster's sexuality is in anyway relevant to U.S social issues.

Please do not view me as a homophobe, or anything like that, as I'm happy that Jakko 'found' him/herself. I'm just wondering why it's located here.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Jakko, congrats. It's who you are that counts not the shape of the container, nor if it's designed to be used left handed or right.

And I think the positive response here is due to more people who think for themselves than is normal in the overall masses. Oh sure there will be a few #$#^%&^*% here, but not enough to worry about.

I had a friend tell me once that he knew he was finally comfortable as a gay man when he laughed at a really good gay joke. He felt that laughter was the sign that he no longer needed to defend his position, and was able to just be.

See you on the boards.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar
As nice as coming out of the closet. finding one's inner self and sexuality etc is, does this thread REALLY need to be in the Social Issues section of Politics.AboveTopSecret? Wouldn't the Relationships section of BelowTopSecret be better?

It's in social issues because it's not just about his sexuality, but about how coming out can
be difficult, or even dangerous depending on where you live, and how intolerant some
people can be.

I'm just confused as to how a poster's sexuality is in anyway relevant to U.S social issues.

The Social Issues forum is for all Social Issues, not just those that are prevalent or relevant in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chaoticar

Please do not view me as a homophobe, or anything like that, as I'm happy that Jakko 'found' him/herself. I'm just wondering why it's located here.

Well besides being about MY coming out, I wanted to make a thread about coming out in general, and about the general problems that people face when it comes to coming out.

Sadly (or fortunately) noone in this thread so far displayed any opinion I can discuss with. Everything seems to think of coming out as a good thing, and understand why it is good for most.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join