It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigators probe Eurofighter crash mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 06:57 AM
link   
www.newscientist.com...

"Investigators are studying data transmitted from a prototype Eurofighter Typhoon jet shortly before it crashed during a test flight on Thursday. The plane's two-person crew ejected seconds before the plane crashed into a mountainous region of Toledo in central Spain at 1215 GMT."

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 08:06 PM
link   
so much for being the best fighter in the world

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
?

[edit on 21-4-2006 by Subatomic]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not wanting to start a "my fighter is best" contest, but I fail to see how the Typhoon is more "operational" than the Raptor.

edit didn't see the first post date, why did you unearth this old one ?

[edit on 21//4//06 by echoblade]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I didn't notice either echoblade, I was thinking "bloody hell, another one?"

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
oops

Ill stop replying to old threads & read the posting dates from now on.

I like to read old threads as well as the new ones & thought this one deserved an explanation. I understand some Typhoons have now entered squadron service & therefore can be deployed immediately (I maybe wrong).

I am quite new to posting here & not so good at thread etiquette yet.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I done the same thing in the past, read an extremely old thread without realising and thinking the poster was a muppet, when in fact the muppet was me

Incidenatally, the operational status of the Raptor and the RAF Typhoon are about the same, with a single front line squadron plus training/conversion units. Unless I am mistaken about the Raptor.

[edit on 21-4-2006 by waynos]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well thank you for the support waynos. -From ATS's newest muppet (who just learnt a valuable lesson). A few questions though -If I keep replying to this thread will it ever go away & will i ever live it down or will it be "oh no not that muppet again"

I was not aware that the raptor was operational -once again i bow to your superior knowledge.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Incidenatally, the operational status of the Raptor and the RAF Typhoon are about the same, with a single front line squadron plus training/conversion units. Unless I am mistaken about the Raptor.

Your right of course, the 27th FS is the currently the only fully converted front line squadron using the Raptor and the 94th FS is converting to the F-22 although its not quite there yet. However there are several bases using the Raptor for various reasons.

In addition to the active air force, pilots with the 192nd Virginia Air National Guard in Richmond are also flying F-22 Raptors. The F-22 Raptor is currently flying at three other bases across the United States: • Testing is conducted at Edwards AFB, Calif. • Tactics development is ongoing at Nellis AFB, Nev. • A full squadron of Raptors is based at Tyndall AFB, Fla., for pilot and maintainer training.

Link

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Thanks Westy
Thatds what I thought but couldn't be sure.

By comparison, although the RAF has re-equipped Nos 3,17 and 29 Sqn, only 3 Sqn is a front line operational unit, 17 and 29 are training/conversion units. The next squadron due to convert is the former Tornado F.3 operating 11 Sqn, who were one of the last two Lightning squadrons in the RAF back in 1988. After them 6 Sqn 'the flying can openers', now disposing of their Jaguar GR.3's, will be the next.

The only reason that the training units carry Squadron numberplates is because of the UK's massive defence cuts and the traditionalists in the RAF are trying to keep these historic identities alive. Otherwise they would be called something like '229OCU' or similar.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by waynos]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subatomic
Well thank you for the support waynos. -From ATS's newest muppet (who just learnt a valuable lesson). A few questions though -If I keep replying to this thread will it ever go away & will i ever live it down or will it be "oh no not that muppet again"

I was not aware that the raptor was operational -once again i bow to your superior knowledge.

Welcome to the funny farm Subatomic

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES Subatomic

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Yep subatomic, don't worry, no harm done nor intended, anyway since you're brit you're excused, I mean, it's not really your fault... errr... just joking, really

cheers

top topics

join