It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medication Caused Virginia Tech Massacre Shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am writing to advise you folk the reason the shooting occured is due to the guy being on prescription drugs.

Many of these drugs induce feelings of paranoia ,and persecution and many drugs induce feelings of suicide.

For exemple the drug seroxat has been PROVEN to cause suicidal feelings in people and has been precribed to adults and kids at 3 times the dose....

check google as its not my job to spoonfeed you.

Glaxo Welcome suppressed this report until 2 years ago as they were making $billions from it...

Only court action forced them to release it...

Many Americans are pill poppers...
they seem to be incapable of living without pills...

massive over consumption of everything at a veryhigh rate.

This guy was also on anti -depressants but the side effects of these drugs can make you pyscho...

www.addictionbyprescription.com...

i quote:-

...."Are you aware that a recent US study revealed that fewer than 30% of prescribing doctors know how to diagnose addiction to prescription drugs?

Are you aware that anti-depressants (the follow up to Valium 25 years later) also have potentially serious side effects including drug-induced mania leading to suicide, suicidal ideation, violence, criminal acts, disinhibition, drug induced severe anxiety, agitation and depression, drug-induced obsessions and compulsions, drug-induced akathisia, tolerance, addiction and withdrawal etc.?

Are you aware that documented evidence shows that anti-depressants including Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Luvox and other mind/mood altering drugs including tranquillizers and sleeping pills (Valuim, Xanax, Ativan etc) are involved in the alarming increase in some of the murder/suicides, suicides, domestic violence, bizarre mass killings, (parents) killing children, road and air rage, school shootings and work place violence in North America?"...

www.thejournalnews.com...

[edit on 18-4-2007 by beckybecky]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Medication is not the cause in these issues. You and your doctor are supposed to closely monitor side effects. If these problems were sufficiently handled in proper ways, these issues would be null and void. Instead of spreading information about the side-effects, maybe it would more fruitful to spread information on how side-effects are not properly monitored. I've been on several anti-depressants for almost five years now, changing for various reason, I've never had any of these extreme side-effects.

In my opinion, your post is a fight against these drugs altogether. They've helped so many more people than have had negative effects on. Plain old doctors shouldn't be prescribing phych medicine, that is a specialized field and should only be handled by those who have specialized in this area.

As for "medication causing the shooting", he wasn't on the proper medication. An anti-depressant is far from sufficient to treating the mental issues he was suffering from..

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesquareapple

As for "medication causing the shooting", he wasn't on the proper medication. An anti-depressant is far from sufficient to treating the mental issues he was suffering from..

I am afraid you are ignorant and believe what the doctor tells you.

You have done zero research and you dont even read the WARNING notes in the medicines which ADMIT these symptoms are caused in certain individuals...

and here you are denying it all.

congratulations on your brainwashing.

you passed.

go and take your pills...take as many as you want...

i dont want to stop you...

i never stop a ignorant victim.

Most doctors nowadays are overpaid pimps for big pharma.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky
I am afraid you are ignorant

Not nice ..

You have done zero research and you dont even read the WARNING ...

You have absolutely no way of knowning what bluesquareapple has read or not read.

congratulations on your brainwashing. you passed. go and take your pills...take as many as you want... i dont want to stop you...i never stop a ignorant victim.

You are in SERIOUS need of a warning. :shk:

The fact is that this person was OFF his meds when the attack happened.

Most everyone here at ATS understands and recognizes the conspiracies in regards to drug companies ... that many of the drugs they put out aren't safe or that there are many more side effects/deaths then the drug companies say. some of us (like me) have posted our own warnings about the drugs we had to take and the side effects that happened to us. My personal NAPROXEN story and warning is somewhere in the Medical Forum.

But YOU need to understand that this fellow was off his meds when he shot up the campus. And YOU also need to understand that we don't have all the facts yet. We don't know for sure what he was on, how long he was on it, when he took himself off, how long he was off, and other aspects of his medical history.

It is totally irresponsible for you to say at this point - 'medication caused the massacre'.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It is totally irresponsible for you to say at this point - 'medication caused the massacre'.

No.

Newspaper reports indicte otherwise....He was on various anti-depressants.

Stopping the drug does not repair the damage caused by it.

I fear you are trying to keep the attention away from this medication aspect.

I leave it to people's imagination as to why this maybe so...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I fear you are trying to keep the attention away from this medication aspect. I leave it to people imagination as to why this maybe so...

And why would anyone here be 'trying to take attention away from the medication' aspect? Especially after I just posted that we are all aware of the drug companies and their (alleged) misbehaviors .. and I just posted telling you of my own NAPROXEN warning ...

The TV news is reporting that he had perscriptions for drugs .. but that he was not on them at the time of the shooting.

Edited to add - your INSINUATION - your 'I leave it to peoples imaginations as to why this maybe so ... '

[edit on 4/18/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

In my opinion, your post is a fight against these drugs altogether.

I'd have to agree with this.

beckybecky, you seem to be promoting the same agenda of The Church of Scientology.

They have already seized upon early reports that Cho Seung-Hui may have been taking antidepressents and are using that to promote their beliefs. They've also dispached several "ministers" to VT provide grief counseling like thier "touch assist" massage.

Also, calling everyone here "ignorant" is certainly not a positive way to get your message across. You could try educating others with what you know rather then belittling people with insults (hence the little flag you have).

Newspaper reports indicte otherwise....He was on various anti-depressants.

They also indicate that he was Korean, so by your logic...all Koreans must be bad then.

Stopping the drug does not repair the damage caused by it.

When you take such drugs, stopping suddenly CAN cause someone to be out of sorts for a period of time.

Since he waited 30-days to get handguns and actually wrote various documents over a long period of time about people he disliked, it seems to point more to the fact that he was just crazy.

FlyersFan is very correct though. We don't know all the facts, so claims made right now are pretty much useless.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The only thing I'll admit I was ignorant with is assuming you knew from your research that each individual's brain chemistry is what causes the severity of side effects in psych medication.

Although it's completely irrelevant and none of your business, I've been off medication for about two weeks now. I was offering my personal experience and attempting to give constructive criticism, I'm sorry if it was taken otherwise.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yes I'm against this depression pills. They've caused alot of people to commit suicide. Until its 100% suicide proof what good is it?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
thats brilliant.

it was the medication. Plain and simple.

were the cops drugged too, considering it took them half of an hour to respond after the first shots were fired at norris hall

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Note to self: beckybecky is Tom Cruise.

Hey beckybecky, I have a script I'd like you to take a look at. It's about a down on his luck intergalactic warrior who conquers his insecurities and embraces what's really important.

Think Jerry Maguire meets Battlefield Earth. You'll love it and there's an awesome part for you.

We can always turn the invading alien army into a Pharma company or a Korean. Seriously, get with my people.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ya thats a really good point. We are so absorbed in our drugs we think how could that ever effect a person to that degree, it only takes one minute of research, and you could convince your self drug companies have a terribble record.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wow thats brilliant.
Scan through a few of my posts in the "school shooting" thread and youll see that i have much the same opinion as "Tom Cruise" in regards to these very powerful and dangerous medications.
Any medication that carries this warning "The risk of suicide" is a potential side effect of this medication, should NOT be on the market
So who does that make me?
You know what? Every time I hear about these unfortunate events in the news I wait for the announcement that the suspect was either on anti depressants or had just recently stopped taking them.
How about you guys do some research, just google "anti depressants and violence and see what you come up with.
Google
Results 1 - 50 of about 546,000 for antidepressants and violence. (0.20 seconds)

Originally posted by Essedarius
Note to self: beckybecky is Tom Cruise.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

In my opinion, your post is a fight against these drugs altogether.

I'd have to agree with this.

beckybecky, you seem to be promoting the same agenda of The Church of Scientology.

while this is true, it angers me that gun control has already been discussed on the news, yet the altering of brain chemistry seems to be thrown to the way side in comparison for some....

Things like this get spinned to a point of heavy frustration. If this guy would have been found with a marijuana pipe, all hell would break loose but when its drugs sold by corperate america then its not a big deal.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by tha stillz]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Whether it is antidepressants or not, the "victims culture" that we live in is a sham, and blame lies with individuals. If you know you are acting improperly up front, then you talk to your doctor. You don't let symptoms get to that point. Ok, rarely it is a "break" situation where there aren't increasingly problematic symptoms. But normally this is occuring with inpatient care, not outpatient, as there are other exacerbating factors that usually exist.

We all feel that we are entitled to various things, happiness being one of them. The problem is, happiness is the result of an egocentric culture where self comfort comes before anything outside of self. This is the sad state we find ourselves in. We buy happiness at $0.53 cents a pill (if you do it legally and on the cheap with something like trazadone). This drives our drug culture. It also drives things like beauty (hair and nail salons), massage...we feel entitled to pampering. Why not? We are told time and time again in our commercials and sitcoms how we "deserve it". How many of you honestly feel like you deserve anything? That is a major difference over 200 years ago: the feeling of entitlement.

Antidepressants are a symptom, not the disease. Without a market, there is no need for a product. I don't see people rushing out to by pills that make your rectum prolapse, or that give you warts...no market.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think that the killer had severe psychological problems before any medication.

As someone old enough to remember "mental institutions", how society dealt with psychological problems by removing persons from society, I can also remember when such institutions were replaced by outpatient community mental health offices. No need to "lock someone up", when a pill could be administered and the patient monitored. What cost saving to taxpayers, but at what price?

Drugs administered under the best of conditions are not always flawless. For any condition, physical or psychological. A medication may allow a person to function in society and, for example, not hear voices in his head, but often there are long searches for the right medications/dosages; and what is correct now might change in the future. The idea of a "simple" cure is ignorance at best, deceitful at worst.

Administering drugs on an outpatient basis is too often not successful. The self-medicating patient can stop, increase, or decrease drugs. Or take substances (legal or illegal) to interact in nullifying or harmful ways. If another person is supposed to monitor drug use, what do you do when a 300 pound man refuses to take drugs from his 80 pound elderly mother?

Taking a pill could be a god send for many people; for others, it could have tragic results.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Screw the drugs. Its one thing when a normal person is diagnosed with depression,and given pills,then commits suicide. That warning is known,and is to be monitored by their doctor.

He was crazy. He was admitted to a mental health facility around 05,or 06. The docs said he was a danger to himself and others. Not just suicidal.

Whether he was taking the meds or not,this guy was still crazy. Whenever someone does something terrible,society wants to blame everything else but the obvious;the PERSON. Some people are just bad. It really is that simple. No music/movie/videogame makes these people do what it is they do. They are ALWAYS mentally unstable beforehand.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. I am in no way absolving this psycho of any responsibility by putting the blame on pharm companies.
Yes the kid had problems, very serious problems from what I'm hearing but you take someone like that and you introduce very powerful SSRI's into their brains and for some people it has very negative and explosive reactions.
Ive never said everyone is affected like this by these drugs, just like i said in another thread drugs react differently in each individuals.
Not everyone that drinks alcohol will turn into an alcoholic but the evidence doesnt lie about these SSRI drugs, click on the google link in my previous post to see what im talking about.
It took years and years and many suicides before they would admit that it was a problem and were forced to label them appropriately.
The evidence is there that these cause psychotic episodes in people, just because the pharms havent admitted yet doesn't make it any less true.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Anyone who dosnt think pharmecuticals can cause phycotic reactions needs to go do some acid, or mushrooms, or smoke a joint.

Chemicals change your brain man. Just because youve eaten countless pharmecuticals and havnt gone bazerk, (which is a good thing) probably means you havnt had enough.

Dont forget either, that many pharmecutical companies have been charged under the international crimes court for obstruction of justice, lying, providing false information, and many others, all in order to sell lethat drugs to the public.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If he was on meds he must have had a problem to begin with - that's the cause of the mass murder - the underlying psychological problems the guy had.

Although stopping those meds cold turkey often exacerbates the original symptoms and increases any depression or irrational thinking that the meds were prescribed for in the beginning.

It's probably a good idea to research and invent new pharmacological treatments -

It's not a good idea to use the population for your guinea pigs.

Since capitalism is the bottom line in big drug corporations - ethics have been thrown out the window, along with the protective measures that enabled people to seek compensation for damages.

There isn't even a comprehensive logging of side effects being kept.

And they are pushing it like some kind of low life drug dealer. Doctors are not encouraged to assist people in withdrawal - I met one fellow who was prescribed a new anti-depressant - he had a bad reaction and all the skin on his body destroyed itself within 24 hours - In one day, he lost every square inch of skin on his body and died.

There's no place to report those incidents anymore and no one keeps a log of how many it happens to or how often.

I'll not touch the damn things, never have, never will - It's like Napoleon preserving his tins with arsenic.
Give them 100 more years and a track record of mass murder, maybe then they'll have perfected soma, or have a some specific drugs that actually treat the problem. Over prescribed and irresponsibly prescribed new science.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join