It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Had Imaginary Girlfriend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Killer Had Imaginary Girlfriend

www.worldnetdaily.com

The taciturn Cho Seung-Hui was so lonely he made up an "imaginary girlfriend" named "Jelly," according to two male students who shared a dormitory suite with him. And Cho called himself "Spanky."

Several weeks before the attacks on fellow students, Cho traveled to nearby Roanoke, Va., and purchased a Glock 9mm handgun and hundreds of rounds of ammo. He put the $500 sale on his credit card.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The Vtech Killer Cho Seung-Hui had imaginary girlfriend named Jelly? He himself liked to be called Spanky.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'd take anything from worldnutdaily with a big grain of salt. They're not exactly the most reputable of sources. This is the same group that claimed a giant acid cloud was traveling through space and going to eat the planet.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It say's he was a english major and that he wrote "the end is near." Seem's like somehow he crossed over to the dark side and lashed out.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised. If he was indeed a "loner," then he probably did make up things to make him seem more "normal." Being a loner myself, I can somewhat relate. I haven't had a girlfriend in quite some time, but when my sister or a friend asks me, "Well, who are you seeing now?" I will tell them that I am seeing so and so, just to live up to their expectation of what they would deem natural. I wouldn't want them to think I was any "weirder" than they already do.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Like I was saying on some other threads,
it's getting pretty apparent that this kid was totally delusional.
If he did have an imaginary girlfriend, she was probably just as real to him as a non-made up person would be.

I also heard on NPR that the kid had been caught stalking two different girls up on the campus.

They didn't file charges because he seemed harmless enough.
Of course, in retrospect, if they had done so, this kid might have been granted access to the help he needed.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Perhaps the medication he was taking interacted in a strange way and 'made him do it'. If he didn't
, and this thing went to trial can you imagine the mess it would be?!? Defense attorneys would be arguing that the drugs made him it, the gun makers would be to blame, the gun laws were at fault etc etc etc etc!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
GreatLakes, well, from a legal standpoint, this case is going to be a nightmare. The anti-gun lobby is already pressing the issues and the bodies of the dead are not even cold yet!! It's a really sad situation how people are using this for political gain.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I'd take anything from worldnutdaily with a big grain of salt. They're not exactly the most reputable of sources. This is the same group that claimed a giant acid cloud was traveling through space and going to eat the planet.

No he really did have an imaginary girlfriend..

Not sure if her name was jelly lol..

And he called him self (and his imaginary brother) question mark.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Perhaps the medication he was taking interacted in a strange way and 'made him do it'.

I doubt it.
If he was in fact, taking anti-depressants, that would have absolutely no effect on auditory/visual hallucinations.
Especially the audio command hallucinations.
You would need to take 1st generation anti-psychotics for that.

If he did have command hallucinations, and was on anti-depressants, he would have been even more dangerous, because anti-depressants negate the amotivational syndrome that has been associated with severe depression.

There is no way that this can be pinned on the drug companies, for any reason.
That shouldn't even be an issue.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Pretty freaky but yeah I buy what the rest of you say it's someone who's taken innocent lives and taken his own. We are never going to know what was going through his head and even he had been caught I am sure your right in the sense the case would be fraught with problems from the outset still what is done is done.

As for the gun control issue that's insensitive that the anti-gun lobbies have started to push their weight around for decency's sake let the victims of this be laid to rest first!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It has always been, and perhaps always will be,that even people who commit these atrocious acts cannot even give a reason as to why. Ted Bundy tried to figure out his actions on up until the day he died. He couldn't give a reason for his actions. There have been many more. I don't see why this kid would have been any different.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Is it me or does it seem like this only happens here in the US, school shootings, universities etc. hmmm let me dig some stats up...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
September 13, 2006: Kimveer Gill, 25, wielding a rapid-fire rifle and two other weapons, goes on on a shooting rampage on the campus of Dawson College in Montreal, killing 18-year-old Anastasia De Souza before taking his own life when cornered by police. At least 19 people are wounded.

_ March 25, 2005: Gunmen riding on two motorcycles open fire outside Dawood College of Engineering in southern Pakistan, killing its head, Salem Chaudhry, 60.

_ October 21, 2002: Huan Xiang, 37, an honors student at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, shoots and kills two students and wounds five other people.

_ May 13, 2000: A gunman opens fire on a crowd of students celebrating college week at the University of Costa Rica, killing one and injuring five. Douglas Reyes, 26, dies in the attack, while five others, between the ages of 17 and 23, are wounded.

_ May 15, 1999: Rival student groups clash at Chittagong University in southeastern Bangladesh, leaving one student dead and 30 others injured.

_ March 5, 1999: Mariano Molon, a 45-year-old university lab technician, shoots and kills one of his union officials and wounds two other people on the campus of the University of Padua, in northern Italy. Molon reportedly had been facing disciplinary action for problems on the job.

_ December 18, 1996: Police shoot and kill two Kenyatta University students who were protesting the slaying of another student the previous day. Kenyatta University is 25 kilometers (15 miles) north of Nairobi.
NOT REALLY RELATED

_ October 27, 1994: Gazi Zakir Hossain, a student political activist who was in his final year at Dhaka University in Bangladesh, is shot and killed in his dormitory as he opens the door of his room to a visitor.

_ April 5, 1994: Two female students are killed and two others are wounded by a 35-year-old man who stalked through Aarhus University cafeterias with a sawed-off shotgun. The man, who had studied Scandinavian languages and literature in 1986, shot himself to death in a basement toilet stall. Aarhus University is on Denmark's Jutland Peninsula.

_ August 24, 1992: Valery Fabrikant, 52, a professor of mechancial engineering at Concordia University in Montreal, shoots and kills three colleagues. He had been embroiled in a feud with his fellow academicians and the university administration over his tenure and research.

_ Dec. 6, 1989: A gunman kills 14 women, most of them female engineering students, with a semiautomatic rifle at the University of Montreal engineering school. Nine women and four men are wounded, in the worst massacre in Canadian history that ends when the gunman kills himself. The shooter, Marc Lepine, said his fight was against feminists.

_ November 10, 1989: Sikh separatists armed with AK-47 rifles storm Thapar Engineering College in Patiala, India, killing 19 students sleeping in a dormitory.
MORE LIKE TERRORIST SHOOTING RELATED

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

This story is correct. His former roommates were interviewed on CNN and told about this yesterday.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Still not sure about this one, i can't find any other news-source besides worldnewsdaily.com claiming that Cho Seung had an imaginary girlfriend. And, i didnt see that part on CNN last night....

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm sure I saw this story (including the names) on plenty of other MSM news sources.

Here's one link:

abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 4/18/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hey thanks Jessicamsa, i was able to dig up the news story, this time from ABC (eh not much more reputable than worldnetdaily, but anyway) that states that Cho had an imaginary GF.

Link to ABC News Story:
abcnews.go.com...

Two roommates from a previous year told CNN in an interview Tuesday night that Cho "stalked" three different women and that one of them was so "freaked out by his behavior" that she called the police on him.

Cho also had an imaginary girlfriend named "Jelly," who was a supermodel, said those roommates.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
And here is the actual video of the interview with the roommates.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Who dosn't

I know i have had a few.....hello

top topics

<<   2 >>

join