It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First hand account from one DAMN lucky Virginia Tech student! Questions regarding the official story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz
Those in the school would have had to have been theoretically drugged or similarly incapacitated to have someone go from one to the next executing people with headshots and no one rush the #er and make him eat it. Even a professional killer would have a have an impossible time trying to pull off a stunt like that down.

That's what I don't understand. Nobody thought to rush this kid?!?! Throw something at him, a desk, a chair?!?!?! I know these kids had to be scared s***less.... but you figure he's gonna shoot you anyway why not try and do something. He had to stop and reload at one point. I know that only takes a second or two but that's enough time to tackle that little wimp.

I read in the paper that he bought a Glock that came with two magazines. (15 rounds each) He also bought a box of bullets used for paper targets. (50 rounds) Where did he get the other guns? None of his roommates saw these guns??? Where did he practice shooting? (if at all)

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Please guys, I'd like to keep this a conspiracy thread, not a devisive liberal/conservative thread. For me.....pretty please!!!!

Maybe a mod could move this thread to Skunk Works too?

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As far as the gun thing goes, I know one news site I read yesterday (don't remember which one) said that "He used one gun in all the shootings, and he was found with two guns. Ballistics from both guns matched".

That's a paraphrase, which shows a little better how ridiculous it sounded. I blew it off as incompetent reporting.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Speeker....

Common....

Honestly....

I KNOW you know ME man...

So I will NOT even spare my dignity to respond to what you just said..

Rockpuck...
I am sorry... I consider you a friend, well as much of a friend as one can be ove the internet..
I just over react sometimes.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantic
Was there any mention of him having any pshycotropic drugs in his past? (Prozac, Ritalin etc) I bet there is. All the "signs" they are referring to this kid as displaying are classic text book of reaction to these pshycotropes.
There are thousands of time bombs in this country.

I don't think you can blanket all drugs like that - Prozac certainly should not be prescribed to some people, but it has proved a huge help to many, you have to judge each case individually. Some people have serious underlying personality disorders, they are otherwise functional but pathologically they are damaged. Drugs can help, psychological counselling can help - but only when it is identified and the individual wants help.

Any drug use could have helped to cause psychosis including alchohol or pot - any inclination toward deviancy will be increasingly manifest when exposed to drugs which lower inhibitions or alter brain function. Prescribed or recreational. There could be any manner of causes, the autopsy and his medical records eill make thing a bit clearer. Its one of those things where you have to wait for the evidence to come out before you can come to any real conclusions.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Speeker, what I meant by the comment is people say..

NEOcons are attacking our people.. taking over the government..

They say the NWO is a NEOcon agenda..

They say mind control and people instantly think NEOcons and Republicans..

I fear Liberals far more, as they work just as hard if not harder to take our rights away, all in the name of "peace".. "safety" and "freedom of speech"

You never hear about "liberal" conspiracies..
The conspiritorial crowd is very much so anti-conservative.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Looky,looky. It looks like this kid warned people before hand:

BREAKING: Gunman Sent Photos, Videos to NBC
CBNNews.com
April 18, 2007

CBNNews.com - The Virginia Tech gunman send a package containing photographs, videos and writings to NBC in New York before shooting himself after his rampage on campus that killed 32 people.

Officials said they believe the package was mailed between the first and second shootings. NBC said it turned the package over to the authorities Wednesday.

The contents included photos, video and a manifesto from the gunman, but no specifics have been revealed.

"This may be a very new, critical component of this investigation. We're in the process right now of attempting to analyze and evalute its worth," said Col. Steve Flaherty, superintendent of Virginia State Police
Gunman Warned the Media Beforehand

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
for the loner issue, i read about a kid who gave the media some twisted plays the shooter wrote. they were in a writing class together and he was described as a loner by him as well. he even mentioned him and others trying to reach out to the guy and be friendly with him but he wasnt having it. he said they would have to critique each others work and everyone felt like they had to word it right or they thought the guy would go off. even the teacher was afraid to question him further.

actually, here's the article

[edit on 4/18/2007 by homeskillet]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve22
Think about it...who would benefit from this? There is no insurance money, political gain to be made, or assassination targets in the victim list.

Alberto Gonzales was supposed to testify before Congress that day. You bring up an interesting point, though: we can't be sure there weren't any assassination targets among the victims.

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
Where was he, what was he doing during that [two hour period of] time?

I don't know why, but as soon as I heard about him stopping at his girlfriend's dorm room, and then killing her and the RA, something popped into my head. I think he went there to warn her. She probably would have attempted to convince him not to go through with it. She might have warned her RA. I think that's what got them killed.

Why else would he pass by so many (893) other potential victims?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What really bugs me about this affair is how now they are looking into his creative writings as the window into his soul, and that is just as likely true as not. He is dead now so the media will just assume that those writings are.

Violence is glorified in fiction and non fiction by the media all the time and we are all supposed to be fine with it; when somebody goes ape # all of a sudden those same writings should have been interpreted as 'signs'.

three names:
Stephen King
Quintin Tarantino
Marshal Mathers

The content by all those gentleman is extreme, they have issues, so do we all.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Another thing is the 2 hour deal...I am the Locksmith for a State University and as such am in charge of much of and privy to most Security/Police procedures involving schools, and everything I have EVER read regarding such things include a complete and immediate lockdown/containment without exception to Housing or Academic areas.

I also was a current student at Thurston High when Kip Kinkle went shooting back in 1998 after killing his family in Springfield, Oregon. Although I was not present that day (thank you) a very good friend and bandmate (Freakshow Willy rocks!!) of mine was shot in the leg and back. I was also pretty familiar with Kip and he was not as outwardly crazy as he was later described. He also had some school work that later was said to be disturbing because it had warlike scenes and descriptions, though at the time the teacher was only mad that he drew on his paper he handed in...I was in class that day.

During this event, the school was closed off, as well as neighboring streets. This happened much faster and the school was still able to close itself off...

The next year I had already transfered to Sheldon High in Eugene, Oregon during which I had the pleasure of being locked insided my school for 5 hours while a supposed armed robber making a getaway was spotted near by...3 blocks away. The school was locked down...

Later, I attended the University of Oregon. A threat was made with a gun...no incident. All halls and classrooms were locked down...for nearly 3 hours...

So, with my bad habit of being in the wrong places at bad times...I guarantee you that if anything ever goes down at SOU where I work now...I am the man with the button in my office, at it's gettin pressed without hesitation...

Done ranting now, this just hits so close to home for me...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Why is it so hard to accept that he was a loner with severe mental problems that snapped? Why does everything have to be a conspiracy, or have to have something else behind it? He was reported as starting fires recently, and stalking women. They found a bomb threat on the building near him as well, and said that many times when someone does something like this they send bomb threats to test security responses.

And now Alex Jones (I think it was him anyway) is going on about how this was a gov't black op.
This was a sick and deranged individual who snapped, and took it out on the rich kids that had more than he did. That's all.

where to start, well its standard proceedure to search right off the bat a perp wether hes dead or not for more weapons, they dont just leave a guy laying there next to his weapons, they move the weapons then search the perp, so i doubt there was 3 guns. I also doubt youve ever shot a gun at a range that youve rented. and nobody goes to a range and rents a 22 to shoot. unless theyre a child or a girl! then you say "they" found this and that, recently in so california "they've" been busting these ganja houses-growing weed inside- and the news whores have reported what the signs are to look for a pot house, no tresspassing signs and beware of dog signs, are one thing to look for, well that would cover most responsible people that are trying to protect themselvesfrom arrest and litigation when they kill an intruder for entering their house. i have 4 of them myself- 2 no tresspass and 2 beware of dog, Yes my pit bull gaurds my property because there isnt a cop stationed in front of my house 24 hours a day, nor should there be,and my point being "they ARE trying to turn us against each other and start ratting each other out, even if claims are unsubstantiated. hey he has no trasspass signs, must be a ganja farm house, lets raid it!!! not everything is a conspiracy but if it smells like a piggy and walks like piggy and snorts like a piggy, id say its a PIGGY! Wake up Zaphod58, try asking a question or 2 before you make up your mind...

hell, the fact alone he was committed tells me "they" had access to him for at least 72 hours......hmmmmmm

[edit on 18-4-2007 by cygnusx1966]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout
That there was a two hour interval is remarkable as there had been witnesses, it was reported etc. I have never come across a mass murderer to do 'get away' with something like this - not without there being some stand-off or seige situation. I find that aspect particularly interesting and I'll be interested to see how that is explained.

He basically had two hours to cool off - it could indicate severe psychosis but if he was at some point in a mental institute this would show up I think.
The letter should help out too. Where was he, what was he doing during that time?

That 2-hour interval is ridiculous, what can the explanation for that be, from 3 sides, what was the guy doing, what were the cops doing and what was the school doing. Most significantly is what were the cops doing. It does seem the only possible explanation for the 2 hour delay was the cops deliberately sat back. Did they release any further statements as to how the guy was allowed so much time before the cops or the university warned the students.

Something does seem very wrong. I don't know enough details to say it is any kind of conspiracy, but it appears to me the inactivity of the police would have to have been deliberate. That 2 hour delay makes it alot more likely that is was a plan by the police to sit-back and permit the guy to shoot people. If it wasn't a deliberate plan then how else can the police actions be explained, no cops are that useless, are they?

What were the cops and the school doing in the 2 hours to "serve and protect" the other students?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Why is it so hard to accept that he was a loner with severe mental problems that snapped? Why does everything have to be a conspiracy, or have to have something else behind it?

That is more than likely the case but......
Some people are just wired to think that way I guess. That's the only explanation I can think of. Apparently some people just think that nothing can happen by itself, there must be some conspiracy or something behind everything. I have been racking my brain and I honestly can't think of one event in which people don't think there was a conspiracy. Not one in the history of the world. Do these people have any clue as to how extremely low the odds are of everything being a conspiracy? That's simply not possible.

That 2-hour interval is ridiculous, what can the explanation for that be, from 3 sides, what was the guy doing, what were the cops doing and what was the school doing. Most significantly is what were the cops doing. It does seem the only possible explanation for the 2 hour delay was the cops deliberately sat back.

Get real man....
The police thought they had their guy already (hence all the reports of they have a suspect in custody). They were interrogating him (he was the boyfriend of one of the women shot in the dorms) when they got the call about the shooting. No one foresaw that coming.

And in major cities there are murders all the time, you don't see cops putting the city on lockdown though. In this case they thought they had the guy (they were investigating whether there was someone else involved) and this isn't a police state (those who say it is have never been to or seen an actual police state) so I can see why they didn't completely shut down the campus.
The school administrators however....they are the ones who messed up in being very late in informing the students of what had happened.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
There are a great many reasons why the campus should have been shut down, not the least of them is the fact that there was still evidence to process...

"Sorry girls just step around the big blood puddle........."

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, I am not going to say that this is a conspiracy in that there was involvement from high officials, but I just don't think they are being honest about everything on this case.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What are the odds of this

Virgina State Governor is on a flight to Asia (Japan) on a trading mission (I presume about technology)

At the very same time as this Governor is en route to Asia to talk trade with Japan
and Asian man starts shooting up one of the most prestigious Tech Colleges in the state of Virgina

So the Governor cancels his trade mission and heads home.

and the very next day....

The Mayor of Nagasaki is gunned down in the streets of Tokyo Japan, presumably by a Japanese Crime Syndicate

Not to mention some brilliant engineers at the college where murdered...

not to say that those there aren't just mere coincidences, but that maybe there is a bit more to this than "*sniff* damn richies have more than I do, and my gf I may or may not have *sniff* left me, so *sob* I'm gonna kill everyone with pretty comon and relatively low caliber weapons, and do it with hitman precision, that I got from playing so much Battefiled 2 and other violent games, and my actions just may happen to play into the agenda of the current administration, but nope, its just cuz I'm a loner and cuz you had a 100 billion chances to stop this but didn't"

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I don't know if there is a conspiracy or not? I do know I heard theories of a high powered rifle being used early on. Maybe someone was just making a guess early on?

Serial numbers being filed off the guns, but still having the receipts for the purchase does seem odd. Perhaps he just made a mistake with his plan?

It kind of crazy, I only live 30 minutes away from Tech. I worked for Virginia Tech, near the campus, not that long ago. I have my resume submitted to work at Tech again. I guess had I been hired I would have been close to the excitement. I have never heard the media cover this area of the world so much.

I guess we need to throw all the facts and stories together and see what we come up with.

Troy

[edit on 18-4-2007 by cybertroy]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
For all we know there was 20 people with guns in the school.

Probably not but my point is, we can't trust television... everything has an agenda and nothing is random on the medias.

So, i guess we can just feel bad for their murders but we won't know for sure what actually happened that day so just because of that alone we have no basis to argue about anything because for all we know we are arguing lies.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
soundofmurder is on to something here...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join