It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coffee drinkers anonymous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I started young, when I was about 11 or 12, drinking coffee, because here in Canada the air gets cold and you want to be holding something boiling hot! But now it seems I can't go more than a couple hours without a cup of Joe. I'm sure there are many more people like me. Whats your situation on the holy bean?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Yeah. I rarely go a day without coffee. I drink it for a couple reasons; it's delicious and the energy boost it gives me. I don't get hyper from it though. A lot of the time when I go a day without coffee, I will end up with a headache.

-tts

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My name is UK Wizard and I don't like coffee, never liked the taste of it and not overly fond of hot drinks, though I will admit the smell of fresh coffee is nice.

How on earth I stay awake in the morning and survive the day I don't know.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I drink two cups a day to stay regular.

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well I am not addicted to coffee.... yet, you see, me and my friends are adrenaline junkies, and energy drinks and caffiene pills just cost to much, and so when we are staying up late, rather then taking a pill and chugging a nos or a monster, we just drink coffee, and it keeps you awake, we save the energy drinks for the days now, so yeah, slowly but surely, I will be hopelessly addicted to the best part of waking up.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
OOOHHH I hear ya.Canadian winters and hot Tim Hortons coffee. I even buy Timmy's coffee at the grocery store and take my first sips every morning while catching up on ATS. Not really sure which I am more addicted to.I can't drink any other kind but Timmy's either.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Haha yes me too I drive every day to the Dominion 24 Hour, get a double double, and drive to work. I came back from the US a month ago, and the first thing I did was get to the nearest timmys and get a coffee and ice cap.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Lucky me, I have a Tim Horton's 1/2 a block from my home, it's open 24 hrs.
I also live about 6 blocks from the very first Horton's to ever open, over on Ottawa St. here in Hamilton.

I try not to have more than one or two cups a day because it makes me jittery, but a hot cup of joe in your hands on a cold winter day is heaven.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I drink two cups a day to stay regular.
Peace

lol thats too much information Dr Love! I almost visualised it. lmao

I am a coffee drinker. *sigh. I am now only eating living foods and I am supposed to stop drinking coffee, but I just can't. I love the smell of it first thing in the morning. So, I decided to drink organic coffee, plunge it oooo so good. I have 2 cups in the morning and thats it. Couldnt even manage to cut back to one. Never mind.

So, I think that makes me addicted ?

lol

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My name is benevolent tyrant and I am a "coffee- holic". I love the smell of coffee. I love the taste of coffee. I adore the aroma that permeates the air as a fresh pot of coffee brews. And when a new can of coffee is opened, I could just bury my face into those fragrant ground flakes. I love coffee!!!!!!

I drink a pot -- or two -- of coffee every day (and that's just at home). On the road, I always have a cup of Tim Horton's coffee sitting in the cup holder of my vehicle and the floor of the back seat is typically littered with empty cups of earlier caffeine "fixes". Yes. I am a coffee / caffeine addict. Shy of a major intervention from all of my family and friends, I will never stop drinking this "elixir of the gods".

BTW....the last thing that I do before I go to bed, and presumably to sleep, every night/morning is to have a cup of coffee!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Coffee, well I love the smell. So I fix it for others. However, I don't drink it.

When I want something hot to drink. I fix a nice cup of hot chocolate with whip cream. That's the way to go.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
When someone asks me how much coffee I drink, I say "about 3 mugs a day". No point telling them I can drain a 12 cup pot filling up my mug 3 times.

I can drink it all day and it doesn't affect my sleep. I can go a week without it and not get a headache. So, am I addicted?
Don't answer. I'm probably in denial.

I can't drink that Starbucks stuff, mainly because there's just something inherently wrong about the prices thay charge. Plus, I refuse to order in that "Starbucks speak" they have. No, I don't want a Sumatran latte vento or whatever the hell it is.

Personally, I won't pull in off the road to buy a cup of coffee from anywhere that doesn't also sell live bait.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Personally, I won't pull in off the road to buy a cup of coffee from anywhere that doesn't also sell live bait.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Those poor fishes.
You know when you sit for hours without a bite. It's because they went to school and learned what a hook was.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Home roaster & coffee guru. Definitely seduced by the bean for the last 30 years.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Three cups a day, minimum. I grind my own.

Have my own espresso machine. I drink caps and espressos when reading a good book.

I don't like Starbucks. Any fool knows that it's "Capuccino GRANDE," not a "grande capuccino." In latin languages, the adjective follows the noun it modifies. And they look at me as some kind of "provincial" when I say it correctly.

Other than starbucks, I love cafe culture. I spent most of my college years in cafes, playing chess, conspiring, and "doing business."

Rexx, did I read it right that you roast your own? Where do you get raw beans, and how do you roast them? Are you from the dominican republic or something? How do I do this????

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
~ Rexx, did I read it right that you roast your own? Where do you get raw beans, and how do you roast them? Are you from the dominican republic or something? How do I do this???? ~

Yes, I roast my own beans. I buy greens exclusively from Sweet Maria's, and I use the heat gun/dog bowl method. This method is cheap and easy after the initial equipment investment.

I'm from the US and I assure you that there are hundreds of home-roasters across the country. Let me know if you'd like links to some resources.

Edited to fix sumpfin'.

[edit on 4/19/2007 by RRex13]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
When someone asks me how much coffee I drink, I say "about 3 mugs a day". No point telling them I can drain a 12 cup pot filling up my mug 3 times.

oh lol you just reminded me of the time my Son asked me how much did I smoke (when I used to smoke) I said to him "I am on my second lighter for the day. lol

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm with that pope's verdict several hundred years ago - the devil's brew.

Interferes with the dopamine receptor and decreases the capacity for learning.

People become dependent on the drug's stimulation of bowels and like overusing laxatives, destroys the muscle tone in the lower intestine.

Physically addictive qualities that result in insomnia and withdrawal symptoms.

Plus it's picked by virtual slaves, with all the massive profits going to middle men - like an illegal drug business. If you drink coffee make it fair trade coffee. I'll never forget the charity drive in one popular coffee house for the people in the nation where it's grown. Why don't they just pay them enough to live on? The profits would permit it.

Being promoted vociferously because of it's profit margin and capacity to make people work themselves to death without sleep. Like they promote alcohol because it dulls the conscience.

Tastes like crap.

But everything has it's place, s'pose.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
~ If you drink coffee make it fair trade coffee. ~

While I agree with the purchase of FT beans, I disagree with the remainder of your post. We all have our vices, including you.

I smell a hippy.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I smell a hippy.

Yeah, what are they covering up with all that patchouli, anyway?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join