It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do gays exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Interesting read, if either or, gay, straight, natural selection, desire/preference.

Why do bisexuals exist?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweftl337
Much of the problem lies in the manner in which people view themselves as spiritual Beings. Can a person who eats carrots, be defined as a carrot-eater? Can a man with red hair, be summed up as merely a red-head? Can a man who's sexual preference is females be, defined as "a heterosexual"? Can a person who happens to have the tendacy toward homosexual acts, be defined as "BEING A GAY".

Why do people feel the need to define everything based upon "what hole" they might stick their chalice into?

One cannot BE GAY, just as one cannot "BE" a sexual preference. The sexual preference is a part of your experience through BEING, not vice-versa. Calling yourself something based upon your passions, or attractions is an insult.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by sweftl337]

To respond to this statement, if it were only about sex I would probably agree. However, it is more about love and community. This is what everyone other than a few extremely enlightened people define themselves by. Gay sex is what straight or bisexual or gay men do for purely sexual relief; being "gay" is an identity based on who one feels love for, even if it isn't sexual. It also encompasses many character traits that may be inborn or the result of growing up in an oppressive environment or both-that tend to bond those individuals together. Being gay also encompasses, unfortunately, shared suffering until true equality arrives, if ever. It is not as simple as having red hair, just as being straight is not.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by j_kalin]

[edit on 22-4-2007 by j_kalin]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   

To respond to this statement, if it were only about sex I would probably agree. However, it is more about love and community. This is what everyone other than a few extremely enlightened people define themselves by. Gay sex is what straight or bisexual or gay men do for purely sexual relief; being "gay" is an identity based on who one feels love for, even if it isn't sexual. It also encompasses many character traits that may be inborn or the result of growing up in an oppressive environment or both-that tend to bond those individuals together. Being gay also encompasses, unfortunately, shared suffering until true equality arrives, if ever. It is not as simple as having red hair, just as being straight is not.

There are many examples of the specific interrelationship issues between homosexuals and those who experience their sexuality as 'normal' / comfortable within the context of individual social cultural setting. Perhaps a further element to the issue of homosexuality in society as experienced by people in general might be even more relevant for the so-called 'normal' person! Faced by something beyond individual understanding or the moral, cultural framework from which one normally stands. I believe, in the context of self-development, such challenges offer opportunity for understanding at a much deeper level. The practice of understanding by using not only our intellectual ability to understand, also to use our feeling life to 'warm through' out thinking and feelings with possibility a more spiritual love from the heart.

So… Homosexuality, amongst many other society issues, might directly challenges us to find love in our hearts? But love and sex are not the same thing. The spiritual reasons for having a homosexual tendacy are complex because to be homosexual is usually to define the intention or reason behind the action. Sicne most hetersexuals are using the idea of sex and calling it love, it does not make them any better than the homosexual who does the same. To becoem co-creator with thr father is the true duty of the chalice and the seed within but few will use it the best accordance.

I have done a little research on homosexuality and gender identity issues. According to Anthroposophical teaching, generally speaking, if a human being has a male physical body then his etheric or life body is of a female quality and if a person has a female physical body she would have a life body of a male quality.

Homosexuality seems to appear when a person has a stronger identification with their etheric body rather than their physical body. A male homosexual seems to relate more consciously with his female etheric body, which sometimes appears in gestures, perspective, sexual orientation, etc. and of course vice versa for lesbians. I have found that in some cases, a homosexual orientation has assisted some in living out their destiny. For example, a certain independent life is established in relation to blood ties, allowing a the person to surpass the hold of hereditary confinement that most of us face. I have found that some people that have been shunned by parents or have lived a secret life due to their homosexuality, have developed a inner courage to live out their lives with a certain independence that has a unique quality when compared to similar heterosexual situations. Heterosexuals appear to be connected and held by traditional social mores even if when faced with difficult familial fractures and exclusion.

There are no traditional mores for homosexuality except for its forbidden status. Because there is no outer community support in most cases, the gay or lesbian person must begin to look inward for their moral compass. Generally speaking, as all our traditional institutions are challenged and/or crumbling, more people will begin to look inward for the appropriate moral foundation. It is an interesting paradox...homosexuality is judged morally bankrupt in many traditional circles; however, is seems to lead toward the future in our transition from focusing on outer law and tradition to connecting with our developing inner governance that will help us to live as free human beings. I state this without rejecting nor advocating for homosexuality. I do not want to go much beyond this as it points to the future inner moral orientation because of my already lengthy response.

The polarization of the sexes and the materialism of the modern world also has much impact. Traumatic experiences of sexual abuse or sexual aggression on an extra sensitive human constitution are also factors for developing into a gay or lesbian. I think homosexuality is becoming a much publicized and political issue in this time in which we live, so I think your questions are very timely and are a result of a deep beckoning of the World itself that you seemed to have heard and are responding to.

But we must try to keep in mind that a person can be attracted to and love someone of the same sex but it not necessarily need having "sexual intercourse". Sex and love are not the same thing, since sex is lower form of love. This applies for both the hetersexual and homosexual.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Has anybody mentioned that some studies show that Homosexual males can be more likely to be born if someone has several male children. It has been posited that these males are shown to be very nurturing of their nephews and nieces and are less likely to procreate, therefore perhaps ensuring less intrafamilial competition and that there will be better care for the kids that do exist. ?? I don`t remember where I read this or exactly what was said, but it seemed an interesting Hypo. Will look up now and come back to this.

"It has also been noted that homosexual males are more often the younger siblings of a number of older brothers." (BBC.Co.uk)

[edit on 23-4-2007 by MistahBear]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Why is the sky blue...

Why don't bee's fart...

No one know's only the Shadow know's as my grandfather would say.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
the sky is blue due to refraction of sunlight from the droplets of water vapor,

who says bees don't fart?

It is a question that seems to have been pretty well explored on this thread and I thank all the participants for their input.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Someone on the radio has said that only Humans and Dolphins have sex for pleasure?? No other living thing!

"Just leave your autograph".

"Alone in my room".

BYE

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
the bonobo or pygmy chimpanze does and it practices just about everything humans do.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Interesting question, i really don't have the answer to that, but I will say that I believe some are genetically inclined to be gay due to biological reasons. This is interesting because according to evolution, we are supposed to have an innate drive to reproduce, and reproduction obviously isn't possible when you are gay.

I also believe there are some people who are just confused about who they are, or they pretend to be gay because they think it is cool, this is true among teenagers.

As far as morality is concerned, I believe it is immoral.

Of course that doesn't mean I don't like gays, i just don't agree with what they do.

Case in point, homosexuality doesn't bother me in the least, live and let live.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
the bonobo or pygmy chimpanze does and it practices just about everything humans do.

Do they gain pleasure from things such as music, expectance (going on holiday etc)?

Do they have a hope in the future?

I saw a Chimpanze smoking on YOUTUBE once!

Maybe animals are animals after all?

SORRY TO BE OFF TOPIC.

Tom

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
...they pretend to be gay because they think it is cool, this is true among teenagers.

Sad commentary on youth, and bodes ill for the future of this country. This is another strong indication that if the enemies of America will just be patient this country will self-destruct before long.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
the spiritual world is asexual.

that is the reason...just adding the fluff now to prevent a one liner...

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Homosexuals are more like demons than like angels. Angels are chaste and pure -- the opposite of most homosexuals.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
Homosexuals are more like demons than like angels. Angels are chaste and pure -- the opposite of most homosexuals.

*cough... I repeat, Angels are Androgonys and the spirit world is asexual.

Androgonys...purely androgonys -> that means one is made up of two.

Asexual -> no sexual desires.

The sexual act is in our fleshy state the attempt to feel the 'union' when two become one. Thats it really and unlike our fleshy small moment of climax, it is a permanent orgasm. The heights we attempt to reach here in flesh are actually the natural state of spiritual being.

Hope that I have explained myself....??

[edit on 28-4-2007 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Angels are spirits. Spirits possess no sexual attributes. So they do not possess the characteristics of both sexes as does an androgy. HOMO - sexuals are niether androgynous nor angelic. They are rabidly HOMO - sexual.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by SkyWay]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Angels are spirits. Spirits possess no sexual attributes. So they do not possess the characteristics of both sexes as does an androgy.

yes, but your views do not emphathise with this fact.

HOMO - sexuals are niether androgynous nor angelic. They are rabidly HOMO - sexual.

Any sexual relations, or I should say All are the attempt to feel that spiritual union whilst in the fleshy state. Therefore, there is no judgement. Purity if we were to take it to the extreme would be to abstain completely. Why do people want sex? Why is it so embedded in culture? Because we are organic spiritual beings confused and yearning to be in spirit and all sex (whether it be homosexuality, bisexuality or hetero) is a flesh dysfunction.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
Purity if we were to take it to the extreme would be to abstain completely.

That is what the virtue of chastity is all about. The way to spiritual fulfillment is through overcoming physical appetites instead of indulging them.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

That is what the virtue of chastity is all about. The way to spiritual fulfillment is through overcoming physical appetites instead of indulging them.

yes and no...
-> first you need to be able to discern what is what.

The moment SkyWay, you damn another, reject an aspect of someone is the moment you damn yourself and reject an aspect of yourself, so you learn nothing in this process. You cannot simply state X is a demon because of his/her sexuality.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If it wasn't for the sex, Homosexuality would just be "hanging out with your Buds."

I could be gay,

No more "Bitchy" wife..

No PMS

No unexplained shopping sprees

Just

Football, Chips, Beer and lots and lots of scratching...

What a life!!!!!

Semper

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Could we please keep this thread based in science, not hocus-pocus, stone-age barbarian religion? Please read from the beginning. I was thinking of adding you to my foes, but you don't deserve that honor. You don't keep me on my toes with stupid statements like "gays are demons", you just make me pity you for your obvious lack of education. Now, I have a question for you?

Skyway, are you a homosexual?

The only people who are obsessed with gays are the closet-case gays; real straight men don't care about it, since they are focused on women.

Some examples: Hitler, Roy Cohn, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Haggert, Jim Baker, former governor Jim McGeevy, presumably YOU, skyway.

Come out of the closet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join