It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration in the U.k

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I really have to wonder what is going on with our government. The U.k is absoulutley awash with immigrants both legal and illegal and it's got to a point now where their rights seem to be more important that those of British citizens. Many come from the E.U so have every legal right to be here. But when here many get a job with enough hours to claim their benefits and then quit the job when they are accepted. They pay virtually no tax, but still get all the benefits of the Nhs, Police, Council and so on. Apparently they are supposed to benefit our economy, but a study i read said there positive impact was at most 50p a week to the British tax payer!!
I'm not blaming the immigrants really because there are always going to be people who will take advantage of our over liberal benefit system whether they are are British or an immigrant. The problem was and is our government allowing this to happen. In my opinion there should be a specalised border police and a quota each yeah of how many immigrants are allowed to enter each year. What do you all think??
www.migrationwatchuk.org...
This page contains information on the scale of immigration.
www.timesonline.co.uk...
This on contains the immigration ministers thought.

new topics

join