It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VT.. Ishmael Ax + Pope?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I've been pondering on this whole situation with the VT massacre, and there's a couple glaring pieces of the puzzle that somehow link together.

Cho Seung-Hui was not born in America, and he was born in Korea and an English Major, meaning he studied literature. There is no doubt he would have read religious texts at some point in his life. By making this assumption I decided to look up the meaning (using Strong's Hebrew Lexicon) of Ishmael coming up with the following translation: Yishma`e'l God will hear; Jishmael, the name of Abraham's oldest son, and of five Israelites:--Ishmael. Which prompted me to check Wikipedia for the origins of the name; which happens to have the same translation. Then I entered "Ax" into the search, coming out with: ma`atsad from an usused root meaning to hew; an axe:--ax, tongs. Not sure how exactly the Hebrew language is structured, but I've determined this phrase is supposed to mean "God will hear my striking blows".. Also, it seems to be a little known fact that the Pope's birthday was this Monday, April 16..

Am I the only person to piece these two innate details together? Does it seem logical to anyone else or am I just grasping for details that aren't there?

Strong's Hebrew Lexicon

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
God will hear my striking blows.
Nice...and befitting.
I had posted this elsewhere but will say again. In Korean culture it is foretelling of bad luck to write in red ink as well.

I too have been pondering this and because he was an English major it makes it all the more tough to figure out. It meant something to him that much is obvious but he would have been well versed in literature and that opens up so much more possiblities as to the meaning of his intent.

He also spelled it Ismail not Ishmael and I don't think that was an oversight so I think it needs to be studied exactly as it was written.

He also mentioned he was disappointed in both his and Christian religion so IMO I don't think this was religion based at all.

I am looking at other meanings and will share when I get something.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The guy was totally unbalanced. It will take a long time to put pieces together .. if it is ever done. Most of the time it is impossible to see through the eyes of the killer or to understand why he was thinking the things that he did.

To answer your question - no, I didn't put those things together.
I also don't think they mean anything. But time will tell. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here's an interesting op/ed on the subject of IshmaelAx and it's link to Islam, I am no expert but know members were discussing it and thought I would ahre it with you:

Ismail Ax: Virginia Tech Shooter Was Another 'Son of Sacrifice'

Eventually, God decided to test Abraham by telling him to kill his son, Isaac. Abraham took up the knife, but God stopped him at the last moment. Isaac lived and eventually became a man of great wealth. Ishmael became a desert warrior chieftain.

The Jews are the descendants of Isaac, the Arabs are the descendants of Ishmael.

In the 7th Century, Muhammad, the founder of Islam, re-wrote the story, claiming that Ismail was the true faithful descendant of Abraham and that it was he, not Isaac, who God told Abraham to sacrifice. Ismail was the one saved. For Muslims, Ismail (not Isaac) was the true 'Son of Sacrifice.' In the original version of the story, Abraham used a knife, in some of the later Muslim versions, he used an Ax.

Flash forward 1,400 years: a sullen, angry young man who rages against rich people and apparently against Christians, writes a play in which a mother and son try to kill his step-father, but in the end the boy (age about 13, the age many think Ismail was when he was exiled) is murdered by the step-father with 'a deadly blow'. Father issues? Yeah, I think so.

Like I said I am no expert on the religion, but I know some here are well versed and can validate or discount this person's view.

new topics

top topics

join