It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Prepared To Arrest 3,000 At '08 RNC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Idiots for thinking that the Republicans are their enemy. Idiots for thinking the Democrats are not.

Actually I think you'll find that most protestors know this already.

In fact most people who have any sense knows this. The ones that don't are those calling protestors 'hippie scum'.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Rather presumcious if you ask me!
If there were only a few arrests (wishful thinking maybe) what a waste of taxpayers money.

apc

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Actually I think you'll find that most protestors know this already.

Then what are they protesting? And why at the RNC?

I don't think it's too far fetched to think there will be loooots of "anarchists" and "hippie scum" there. Anarchist hippie scum is kind of an oxymoron though. Regardless, they're both idiots. Minarchism is great. Anarchism is just stupid (this thread is not the place to counter... neener). And hippies need to bathe before attempting to engage in politics.

Don't worry though, I'm not being biased. All the protesters at the DNC will also be idiots.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
I don't think it's too far fetched to think there will be loooots of "anarchists" and "hippie scum" there.

So I'm an idiot? OK whatever...

By the way I don't even know what a 'hippie scum' is. They are people like you and me. They are not the ones sending your fellow country men to their deaths. They're not the ones who perpetuate a system the benefits the few at the expense of the many. 'Capitalist scum' are to blame for that...

It's supposed to be a free country yet you belittle and write off people who are truly expressing their freedom. Those screaming 'hippie scum', are following the paths laid down by others, and are not truly expressing their own inner desires. You're following a stereotype, basing your life on what you think you should do, or how you should act. Clones.

Of course you'll disagree, as it's part of the predictable stereotype...

apc

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I prefer Capitalist Pigs, myself.

My definition of hippie scum: egotistical and quite arrogant stoners and shroomers, uttery rank in need of a shower, whining about anything and everything but never doing a damn thing about it except for more whining, occasionally with a sign on the side of the road. That's what I think of when I hear hippie scum... so I think it's fairly accurate.

Yes, I feel there is a difference between hippies and hippie scum. Hippies are fine. Most of them are still typically arrogant douchebags equally engaged in a round of follow the leader, but at least they bathe.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So when the authorities don't plan, it's not because they're incompetent, it's because they're trying to kill minorities (i.e. Katrina)? When they do plan ahead for something they're invoking Nazi Germany? How exactly can anyone posting on ATS have any idea what Nazi Germany "feels like"?

You know there's going to be huge protests at the RNC. Having the facilities and resources ready makes sense. They aren't going to take several hundred people down to central booking. If they were intending to arrest 3000, they'd probably be planning to arrest 5000.

Anyone that's a supporter of anarchist ideas knows damn well how extreme some can act. I recall on 9/11 a group of anarchists on my campus rejoicing because to them it was a strike against capitalism. These are the people that don't go to protest and demonstrate. They go to whip rocks and disturb. Don't blame the media for a poor perception of anarchists. Blame the radicals that make everyone else look that way.

No one will listen to the ideas of people whose actions and appearance scare them. It's that simple.

Besides, I'm sure most of you have a blanket opinion of everyone that will be attending the RNC anyhow.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
... so I think it's fairly accurate....

Oh so you consider yourself superior because you are a 'capitalist pig'?

Not taking a shower makes someone 'scum'?

Arrogant stoners huh?

So shallow.

You call protesting whining? You call protesting doing nothing about it?
So, Mr.Superior what would you suggest they do exactly?

What do you do that's so good for society that you feel the right to put others down because they don't live up to what you consider the right way to live?
So what if someone smokes pot or eats shrooms, do you drink?
What about the millions of wealthy people who snort cocain, are they scum too? Or are they exceptable because they make money and where suits?

Why is it that some people think making money is the only sign of a persons worth?

So what is the real motivation for your hate?

People put others down to bolster their own feeling of self worth. Your hate impresses no one.

apc

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Not taking a shower makes someone 'scum'?
Arrogant stoners huh?
You call protesting whining? You call protesting doing nothing about it?
What about the millions of wealthy people who snort cocain, are they scum too?

Yes.

So shallow.

Experienced, actually.

So what is the real motivation for your hate?

The existence of voluntary idiocy. And thank you for solidifying it.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
So preparing ahead of time for a problem he hopes doesn't happen makes this country somehow equivalent to Nazi Germany? Right. But as someone else pointed out, if he didn't and something happened it would have been something like trying to pave the way for martial law. You can not have it both ways.

Getting ready to steal another election? Already? Damn, I must of missed that meeting. DG, you are consistent, and that's why I love you

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Welcome to Nazi Germany.

Originally posted by Vinadetta
We're not planning on arresting anybody, but just in case we're prepared to arrest oh say 3,000. We even have tasers too!!! This is just truly sad indeed!!! I agree with the above poster, this truly feels like Nazi Germany

Yeah, how dare they prepare in advance for a possible security event? Who do they think they are, anyway? I don't know that, but I do know that they look like Little Eichmanns!

/sarcasm

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join