It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Prepared To Arrest 3,000 At '08 RNC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Police Prepared To Arrest 3,000 At '08 RNC

wcco.com

AP) St. Paul The Ramsey County sheriff has prepared a $4.4 million budget for security during the 2008 Republican National Convention, with a plan to handle the arrests of as many as 3,000 protesters.

Sheriff Bob Fletcher's proposal includes money for a possible open-air, fenced detention facility next to the county workhouse, riot equipment and Tasers, and $1.7 million for officers' overtime.

Boston and New York City, which hosted the national political conventions in 2004, prepared for similar numbers of arrests but wound up arresting fewer. Fletcher said things could be different in 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Wow that seems like a high number though the sheriff said he hope to arrest no one.

Concerns about war protesters have raised the plans to handle this number should protests take a turn for the worse.

It will be interesting to see how this convention turns out, I can't remember the year but wasn't there another convention in which there were numerous arrests and reports of police brutality?

Could the '08 RNC be like this?

wcco.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Welcome to Nazi Germany.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Welcome to Nazi Germany.

Welcome to a civilized society that doesn't want to put up with anarchist hippy scum.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Exercising freedom of speech is being an anarchist hippy?

Dissent is patriotic, maybe not according to neocons, but certainly according to founding fathers.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
Wow that seems like a high number .......

Go visit democraticunderground.com someday. Hundreds, and even thousands, of radical whacks. Many claim to run people down and 'converted' them to being democrats. I have no idea if they are for real, or if they are just fantasies .... but there are plenty of idiots out there who will disrupt the other party's convention all the while thinking they are doing America some kind of favor.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
What happens though, if some 20,000 people show up at the RNC this year to protest the war? What would they do with all of them? I'd be interested to see what happens when that many show up in protest. It'd have to be handled delicately, otherwise they may make the people mad. 20k people mad at the same time is never a good thing, especially not in one place.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Exercising freedom of speech is being an anarchist hippy?

Dissent is patriotic, maybe not according to neocons, but certainly according to founding fathers.

Steve...I am a member of "the Tribe"!

And, seriously, who needs to protest against them? Why bother traveling, leaving home to protest them? The Republic Party is dead meat! They're currently protesting against themselves! They are jumping ship in droves; many of them even ran as Democrats to get elected in '06...

They are "crashing and burning", and the need to protest against them is not there at all...Protests are designed to make the rest of the country aware of the bad deeds of an entity, and, as demonstrated by American Voters in 2006, they know and basically, the Republic Party is DEAD in America!

Their nasty, sick deeds have screwed that Party up for decades, until they come up with another blow-job or something! They have proven that they are deceitful liars who are incompetent... and, only a few "sheeple" will stand with the Republicans because, well, they have delicate mental states...and they love to Hate, Hate, Hate!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
How many are they prepared to arrest at the DNC?

I bet it'll be more! Look at 1968...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
We're not planning on arresting anybody, but just in case we're prepared to arrest oh say 3,000. We even have tasers too!!! This is just truly sad indeed!!! I agree with the above poster, this truly feels like Nazi Germany

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Protect and serve..more like harrass and suck the lifes blood out of the public.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
They are just preparing for the need to arrest 3000, that does not mean they will, and there will probably be way more then 20,000 that show up to protest.
Protesting is one thing and I’m fine with it, but some people think that throwing a maltov cocktail is protesting. I don’t see how destroying people’s property is protesting. If you want to march that’s fine but don’t flip people’s cars. The kind of person that they are preparing for is the person who thinks other wise.

apc

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Most of the protesters won't need to be jailed. But they will need to be laughed at for being complete and total idiots. Idiots for thinking that the Republicans are their enemy. Idiots for thinking the Democrats are not. Idiots for actually believing that the global agenda being played out is something controlled entirely by one party, or the other.

BOTH sides are party to this agenda (no pun intended). Some knowingly, some not. An agenda who's orchestrates are not solely contained within our own borders. If people want to actually have an impact, they need to first realize that they are being played for the fools that they are. And that no amount of mass whining and banner waving will ever make any difference.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well then apc, what do YOU suggest be done about the situation that we currently find ourselves in? I fail to see many options laying here for us to just choose from. What are we looking at here?

TheBorg

apc

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Futility.

"They've" got well over a 200 year head start on us.

Nothing we can do but prepare.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
But what's the point in preparing for something that we have no control over? That doesn't make any sense, and you know that. What works best here is educating the masses.

Should everyone realize the truth, the reactions would be immediate, and intense. Would they be violent? I doubt it to start, but that depends on how it's released. I think a path of peace should always be followed and supported, as there's no other way to evolve as a being if we aren't willing to put down our fists and think for once.

TheBorg

apc

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Sorry. The masses are going to die. Education will help some. Help them prepare to survive.

Peace... hah. Good luck with that.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc Peace... hah. Good luck with that.

thank you. Despite my having gotten in a fight tonight I do think that people have gotten more peaceful as a whole over time. Back in the day we used to go to war as a seasonal event now not so much we have to be lied to first, and then we go to war.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I think you are missing the point. If they expect the need to arrest so many it could be there is a plan in the works to STEAL THE ELECTION- AGAIN.

I would suggest to "them" to have the Civil Guard on hand, they're going to need it THIS TIME.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Welcome to a civilized society that doesn't want to put up with anarchist hippy scum.

I find your ignorance offensive. I'm neither a hippie (not hippy btw) or scum thank you. I have very short hair, I shave, I bath, and I don't wear beads or flares or listen to the Grateful Dead...

Maybe you should do some reading and find out what Anarchism really is, and stop believing the lies the state uses to confuse and control.

Why so much hate for something you are clueless about? Your anger would be better served directed at something useful, like those that send your fellow countrymen off to be killed in an illegal war that benefits only the few at the top. Or treats it's troops as guinea pigs for untested vaccines.

Yo know if it wasn't for these protesters many of the things you take for granted would never have happened. Such as the ending of segregation, the 40 hour work week, the right for women and blacks to vote, pole tax (in the UK), public schools, etc... etc...

Protesting is one of the only ways ordinary people have to express their anger at government, and to take that away goes against all Human rights.

[edit on 22/4/2007 by ANOK]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join