It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Backs Ban on Abortion Procedure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Supreme Court Backs Ban on Abortion Procedure

www.breitbart.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court upheld the nationwide ban on a controversial abortion procedure Wednesday, handing abortion opponents the long- awaited victory they expected from a more conservative bench.
The 5-4 ruling said the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act that Congress passed and President Bush signed into law in 2003 does not violate a woman's constitutional right to an abortion.

The opponents of the act "have not demonstrated that the Act would be unconstitutional in a large fraction of relevant cases," Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related ATS Links

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovepolitics.com...

[edit on 18/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is a tremendous swing descision regarding abortion by the U.S. Supreme Court. Though narrow in scope, and only pertaining to "partial birth abortion" it wil galvanize the issue for the upcoming 2008 elections at both the congressional and presidential levels.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is excellent. Glad to see they did something right.
Partial-birth abortion is murder. Period.
In medical dictionaries it should be placed under 'infanticide'.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That this decision would have the left howling for blood... Perhaps the "overwhelming majority" that is always referred to regarding the pro choice crowd isn't so overwhelming.

This may take some time to cook in the blogosphere... I'll bet "Double H" (that would be Hillary and Hussein) are sweating bullets over what and when to pontificate on this decision... "Hair Edwards" will cry foul, and "Hair Romney" will celebrate.

I love Supreme Court rulings on controversial cases.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nice to see the court is split along partisen lines. 5-4? Why wasn't it 9-0? This procedure is about as barbaric a process as its possible to concieve of. The other four justices need their respective eyes examined.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here's what I got to say.

YES, YES, YES!!!

Way, Way too close of a call though. Not good there. Should of been better. This continues to show how much our country has fallen.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thank God.

At least one law circumscribing this horrendous practice was finally upheld. No more will babies' brains be sucked out during birth in America. That's not saying much, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
That this decision would have the left howling for blood... Perhaps the "overwhelming majority" that is always referred to regarding the pro choice crowd isn't so overwhelming.

I often wondered just WHO thought the partial birth abortion was something medically needed......EVER.
I think this procedure just wasn't something MS America was behind.
The thought of terminating a pregnancy of a woman obviously "with child"---I don't think people were for this right or left.

new topics

top topics

join