It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VT Shooter, Some questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Something is really bothering me about the shootings. Why would the shooter go through the process of filing off the serial numbers to the guns if he bought them and they were legit.
Also, why have they not released the letter that he left behind yet. I am sure the families of the victims and the students would want to hear "why" he did it.
I think there are some critical details that are not being released. What they are , i do not know. The ismail ax on his arm is kind of interesting also.
Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I believe they want to gather all the facts from all sources before they release any more info. Maybe the letter he left was vague in content and did not give specific reasons.What did you mean by the"ismail ax" on his arm?What is that and where did you get the info?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think Ismail Ax is going to turn out to be his " Player" name on an internet gaming site.

I'd be amazed if he has not been running around in a 1st Person Shooter gaming enviroment.

Just a guess.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Here is the reference to what they found on his arm....

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
crimeblog.us...

www.technorati.com...

A bit more info on the 'Ismail Ax' thing - all very interesting but only wets the appetite more - no satisfying conclusion, but it gives a different search point for further info.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I understand in Korean culture writing something in red ink foretells bad luck.

His major was English and Ismail is in many writings and religious books, although he did express his disappointment in both his religion and Christianity. I don't think however that it was his "gaming" name solely. He may have used it in gaming but I think that this was chosen specifically and for purpose.

I also think IMO of course that the depth of his disturbia goes beyond just depression and anger. Posession more come to my mind. There was a void/vacancy in this person and it was consistent in all facets of his life from the little they have described of him because nobody really ever knew him.
He was saying something at all times without speaking. He wrote his name as a question mark. What does that mean?
He was nobody? He didn't know who he was?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
He could have filed the serial numbers thinking that perhaps he would get away with the murders and he didn't want to get caught by ballistics after the fact. But then his plan to survive didn't work, so he shot himself (plan B).

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by RcapTampa

Why would the shooter go through the process of filing off the serial numbers to the gun....

The ismail ax on his arm is kind of interesting also.
Any thoughts?

consider the shooter was both schizo and bi-polar...

the ismail ax slogan you wonder about, may have connection to the characters in the novel "Moby-Dick", (rather than a son of Abraham of Bible & Islam)
the characters Ismail & Ahab translated symbolically to the body marking on Cho - ismail ax

taking that body of thought further, (Moby-Dick as a perdition/assassination thoughtscape)
the filing off the old ID numbers had a counterpart in Moby-Dick
"I do not baptise you in the name of the father but in the name of the devil"
and thence a instrument of killing & assassination is 'born' just like Ahab's new harpoon, so was with the Glok 9mm...fashioned from existing instruments/weapons for a particular mission

flesh out the story, it's all there & open to the 'profiler' kind of mind

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Some more questions:

1. Are there any survivors in that room that they can question? if none, then there is a conspiracy behind it.

2. Why was the shooter was able to shoot 32 victims without any one of them stop him as the first shot happen. If few, if not all, tried to jump on this guy, there is that possibility of less victims.

3. Just found this one, not sure its credibility:

freepressinternational.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think a lot will clear up once they release the letter, if they even do that

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I've seen it mentioned that Ismael Ax was also the name of his character in an online game.
Has it been mentioned yet what the name of the online game was that he played?
Has there been anyone interviewed who remember playing with a character called Ismael Ax?
You can have real time conversations while you play a lot of games. Maybe some one might recall what may have been said.
His parents apparently work in a dry cleaners in Washington. I'm wondering why we haven't heard anything about them. If they can be found and if they know what has happened?
What about neighbours where he or his parents lived?
Why haven't we heard anything from them yet?
Why no comments from the South Korean community who live around the area? Surely someone knows him?

This reminds me a lot of the last shooting in Utah.
It seems when the shooter is from a foreign country (even though they are still americans, yeah I know) there seems to be a blackout on these kind of details.
Whereas with Colombine they were out interviewing neighbours , teachers in no time flat. What is so different this time and the Utah shooting?
Very strange.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Check out this video: www.brasschecktv.com...

and this bit: www.rense.com...

I get suspicious anytime there is something on this order dominating the news.
I'm not saying he was a mind-controlled cipher, but hey, I still haven't heard from any witnesses how this went down. How did he kill so many people with 2 handguns??

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Pilot]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by prsbuff
Some more questions:

1. Are there any survivors in that room that they can question? if none, then there is a conspiracy behind it.
There is no conspiracy here!!!!

2. Why was the shooter was able to shoot 32 victims without any one of them stop him as the first shot happen. If few, if not all, tried to jump on this guy, there is that possibility of less victims.
The reason no one tried to stop him is GOVT schools. They teach that all violence is wrong. If just one of those students was allowed to carry a concealed weapon on campus, many deaths could have been avoided. Would they all have been avoided, HELL NO!, but after the first shot was fored some student/pofessor with a handgun and a concel carry permit, could have blown his ASS away!!! Let me indoctrinate you people to something...(Seeing as you have been indoctrinating students forever...) There is evil in the world. There is RIGHT and there is WRONG. We as citizens need to have the choice to determine so. If one of the students or professors had a gun, (Authorized by the conceal and carry permit...This SOB would have been stopped early.) Would it have saved all 32 lives...NO! But maybe after the first or second, someone would have blown his PSYCHO ASS AWAY!!! And saved X lives. A gun free zone is nothing more than inviting some PSYCHOPATH to come in. If they know noone is going to shoot back, WHAT IS TO STOP THEM!!! (I'm sure this ASSHOLE, stopped to think that the campus is a gun free zone..."Well GEE i can't do this) This is BS!!! Govt. scholls have done nothing, but to teach us to cower and hide. Why didn't anyone charge this asshole?!?! Your gonna die anyway (Being lined up and shot) Why not charge him and take your chances?!?! Personally I'd rather go out, knowing I took a chance and stood up and stopped this WHACKO, than cowering in a corner. The only one who did do anything was a proffesor who survived the HOULOCAST(SP) HE GAVE HIS LIFE FOR HIS STUDENTS TO ESCAPE!!!
I feel pity for the rest!!! This man has been through HELL and survived, but he is the only one willing to take a stand!! Those who didn't, dead or alive...SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES! (If I piss anyone off, goto HELL! THE REST WERE COWARDS! You can't tell me this WACKO did not stop to reload! Think of the BRAVE people on FLIGHT 93...Instead of letting the terrorists reach their target, they took matters into their own hands. They knew they were going to DIE either way, YET THEY FOUND THE COURAGE TO STAND UP AND FIGHT!!! Our Govt. schools spend billions of dollars to teach us to surrender. Yet these people rose above this, IMAGINE IF ONE OR TWO ROSE ABOVE THIS AT VIRGINIA TECH?? How many less lives would have been taken, by this WACKO!!!

What I'm trying to say people is the GOVT. wants us to believe they can protect EVERYONE. Guess what??? GOVT PROTECTION COMES AFTER THE FACT!! What i really want to know....WHO IS THERE TO PROTECT US, UNTIL THE GOVT GETS THERE?!?!?

The 2nd amendment is to PROTECT US FROM GOVT TYRANNY!!! While they can't seem to get rid of it directly, they use indirect means to get there. Limit what we can do as a free society. LIMIT THE ABILITY TO DEFEND OURSELVES!!!

This is a slippery slope. Last I checked..."WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE RULERS OF THIS GOVT. Maybe it is time WE SHOW THEM WHO IS BOSS!!!!

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
There are some hard hitting questions that the faculty must answer. Why would it take 2 hours into the shootings before anyone on campus was alerted? One eyewitness said that the police seemed to just be standing around while the rampage was going on. It appeared that they knew where the shootings were coming from. Not that long ago, the police would have stormed right in on the shooter/s...

Hopefully, this doesn't get brushed under the rug.. Perhaps if a responsible gun owner on campus had access to their firearms they could have prevented alot of the fatalities, but the campus was gun free.

It seems to me that they can't rely on their own police dept to protect them. It took the police almost 5 hours before they could bring everythng to order with one gunman. Why would it take 5 hours? That seems like a long time to me. Questions, questions, questions.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
1) Witnesses said the shooting started at 9:30am, yet it didn't end until 9:45am. Why didn't the police confront him earlier? Police were right next door in the administration building having a conference with the college president. Is it true police were on a stand-down order, as PrisonPlanet.com reported?

2) How could an inexperienced, amateur shooter have conducted such a remarkable feat of marksmanship, scoring 130-odd hits for about 170 rounds fired?

3) Was he on any medication? What do his psychiatric medical records say? (In almost all cases of the juvenile rampage rage shooter, they have a shrink but he is NEVER interviewed)

4) What was the motive?

5) How many gun wounds did the dead gunman receive? Do the surviving witnesses ID the gunman as Cho?

6) Was Cho military or ROTC? What about the photo that shows Cho and a buddy in USMC cami uniforms?

-----------------

As a longtime student of the random-rage(non-specific victim) school shooting phenomenom, I can tell you that most of them are covert black ops, using mind-controlled zombies to perpetrate these outrages. A second shooter is almost always present also, whose participation is shielded by the police.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I will answer these the best I can:

Originally posted by starviego
1) Witnesses said the shooting started at 9:30am, yet it didn't end until 9:45am. Why didn't the police confront him earlier? Police were right next door in the administration building having a conference with the college president. Is it true police were on a stand-down order, as PrisonPlanet.com reported?

No they were not in a "stand down mode" they, incorrectly assumed the boyfriend of the girl killed in AJ to be the perp. They had him pulled over on I-81 during the shooting

2) How could an inexperienced, amateur shooter have conducted such a remarkable feat of marksmanship, scoring 130-odd hits for about 170 rounds fired?

Given that the average engagement range was -20 feet even an average shot could hit close to center mass. Even then most of hit shots were not automatic kills. Many of the victims bleed to death in the rooms.

3) Was he on any medication? What do his psychiatric medical records say? (In almost all cases of the juvenile rampage rage shooter, they have a shrink but he is NEVER interviewed)

His records say quite a bit. He was found to be a threat only to himself...why you ask? Because he never revealed any desire to harm anyone. In fact he was given out-patient care (i.e. therapy) because he did not even state that he was going to harm himself.
You will not hear of an interview of the Psychologist since there is this little thing called HIPAA. Even dead it would take a court order to open those records. And since he is dead, unless there is a suit against VT, do not expect to see that cracked for some time.

4) What was the motive?
Rage...pure rage. He was going to kill himself and he was going to make those who forced his hand pay for their sins.

5) How many gun wounds did the dead gunman receive? Do the surviving witnesses ID the gunman as Cho?

Best count I heard was ONE...since it was a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. You tend not to fire twice with a wound like that...know what I mean.

6) Was Cho military or ROTC? What about the photo that shows Cho and a buddy in USMC cami uniforms?

The photo is still a bit murky best thought on that are: 1. not him or 2. a pic taken with some friends. But he was not ROTC or Military.

-----------------

As a longtime student of the random-rage(non-specific victim) school shooting phenomenom, I can tell you that most of them are covert black ops, using mind-controlled zombies to perpetrate these outrages. A second shooter is almost always present also, whose participation is shielded by the police.

LOL really! First it was not random rage. It was a well thought out highly specific attack on that which Cho thought to be intolerable. Want proof see his press kit. That is not a "snap" random act.

As far as the rest...how do you know? What you read some web site or read a book by some nutter who has not received any formal psychological training. What second shooter!!!!!!! There was no second shooter. There was one...Cho. A very sick individual who, dare I say it, I feel very sorry for.

new topics

top topics

join