It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 people shot and killed. Here's some of their profiles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
If only we could do this with the people that die in Iraq too, I mean it seems like people think a 21 year old american guy dying is more tragic and sadder than a 21 year old iraqi guy dying.

No, offense, but can we lay off of the Iraq thing for a little while?

Ok lets ignore the people who suffer and die there every week, and only think about americans.

GOD.. I am SO SICK of this crap.

Check your baggage and political whining at the door will you.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Phoenix,

I think the idea of statrting a similar post for the fallen in Iraq is a great idea. You should do just that. I don't think that this thread was inteneded to detract from anything going on in other places around the world, however. There are literally thousands who have died over in Iraq, though, and thats just our own American soliders. If someone starts by posting just 5 or so and others follow suit, we could eventually profile all of them. I think this would be a good way to honor our fallen men over seas.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The purpose is????

I thought this was a conspiracy forum. If you want to create an online memorial please do so on your own, or a more suitable website.

Personally I can't stand to read the saccharine-filled memorials.
Like most memorials they seem to glaze over the other, 'darker' parts of their personalities and lives.

Originally posted by lazuruswolf
What a total waste of some bright and intelligent people by someone who was clearly sick with hatred for the rest of the human race. None of them deserved a death like that I can only hope that something good will eventually come of this sick young man's actions. This was the act of a madman I hope there is not going to be another repeat of it. May they all Rest In Peace.

Question:Why did he go on his psychotic rampage?
Drugs?Pharmaceuticals?Video games?Anime?

Chances are that the main cause was simple, good ol' fashioned bullying and societal apathy.
He had a frickin' psychiatrical exam that showed he had an extremly high chance of going berserk!
And I've read the testimonials of the survivors 'We tried to help him', 'We tried talking to him' etc etc. Did they really? Or are they just trying to get some more face-time on Channel X?

I'm also getting tired of the media demonizing of the guy.
Yes we get the point that he snapped and killed 32 people.
However I don't quite think we need his teacer saying 'He sucked the life out of the room'.

Just my cynical thoughts.

P.S:You, I and everyone else here knows there's going to be another school shooting.
Question is is it going to be bloodier?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Personally I can't stand to read the saccharine-filled memorial

Then don't read them.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

GOD.. I am SO SICK of this crap.

Check your baggage and political whining at the door will you.

OK please, I was only making a suggestion, I like the idea of this thread, and thought it would be nice idea if it was possible for other tragidies, lol no political whining, just an idea. People really need to calm down.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by _Phoenix_]

[edit on 22-4-2007 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

There have been 3,584 coalition deaths -- 3,316 Americans, two Australians, 144 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, six Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 32 Italians, one Kazakh, three Latvian, 19 Poles, two Romanians, five Salvadoran, four Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians -- in the war in Iraq as of April 19, 2007, according to a CNN count. (Graphical breakdown of casualties). The list below is the names of the soldiers, Marines, airmen, sailors and Coast Guardsmen whose deaths have been reported by their country's governments. The list also includes seven employees of the U.S. Defense Department. At least 24,764 U.S. troops have been wounded in action, according to the Pentagon. View casualties in the war in Afghanistan and examine U.S. war casualties dating back to the Revolutionary War.

A list of every soldier pictures some with pictures.

www.cnn.com...

One U.S. soldier is missing and another is currently listed as captured as of December 20, 2006. The list below reflects the names officially listed as Prisoners of War or Duty Status - Whereabouts Unknown by the Pentagon

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So, why did this guy do this? There must have been a reason. Though I feel bad for the families and am saddened by their loss, the question is why? Does anyone know the real reason? Apparently he as pissed at a few people and I assume he took this out on them? It goes without saying that it takes a HELL of a lot for someone to even contemplate something like this let alone carry out the deed.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There is never, ever a good reason to kill someone else. I don't care how angry or mad or anything else you are with someone. So childish. So immature, so pathetic there's no words to describe this monster.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
There is never, ever a good reason to kill someone else. I don't care how angry or mad or anything else you are with someone. So childish. So immature, so pathetic there's no words to describe this monster.

I absolutely agree with you 200%. There is never justification to take a human life. However, as far as I am concerned, if someone had to do something to my family in terms of a criminal act like attempting to harm them physically, I will certainly take that person out myself and if they killed someone in my family I will make sure I hang for what I do to them. But in this case, it was certainly unjustified and monstrous - without doubt or debate.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
First, this thread is for the purpose of knowing and remembering the fallen from this horrible event. If you wish to remember others from other events then start a seperate thread eg: american forces who have died in iraq, AND, should we not also remember the INNOCENT iraqi men,women and children who have also been killed. NONE of these people deserved to die.

Second, self defence is the exeption to the rule of reasons to kill.

Third, Yes, there will be similar events to this in future I'm sure.

Fourth, "why" it happened, well, the phrase "snapped" comes to mind. People snap every day with varying results and to various extremes. There is no official line drawn in the sand. It is this site and others that must ask if they were pushed and by whom?.

Fifth, these were INNOCENT people. Education should not involve fatal risks.

Sixth, let's just work together at informing ourselves and others with ALL sides to these stories and others. It is still early days. To profile these people is just a small part of what is going on here and this is it's place, let's be thankful there were not more profiles to do here eh!

These events make me sick
this and many others..........
INFORMATION, ACCOUNTABILITY & SOLUTIONS is what we need.
My sympathy to all those affected

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join