It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

38 Billion in Petrochemical Deals in last 18 Months for Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I saw this article and I was a little shocked by the claims made that Iran has signed deals amounting to this much, but I then thought about how many wild claims that Iran has recently made concerning their nuke program etc. I know there are some who are keyed into the oil market and Iran, China etc, and their deals in the industry.

I would like to know if these are just another wild claim by Iran...

Iran has signed over dlrs 38 billion oil deals in 1.5 years

Iran-Oil-Minister
Oil Minister Kazem Vaziri-Hamaneh said on Wednesday that Iran has signed more than 38 billion dollars deals during the past one and a half years in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical industry.

Vaziri-Hamaneh made the remarks while addressing the inaugural ceremony of the 12th International Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Exhibit.

"Signing deals shows firm determination of the Islamic Republic of Iran to make breakthrough in oil industry," he said.

He added, "Implementation of such projects, which is in line with Iran's long-term strategy on energy, will create a giant market of dlrs 250 billion for the next 20 years.

This is a large sum of money they are talking about and if true or even close to being true, explains some countries actions in the attempt to curtail the Iranian nuclear program.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I dont believe much of anything that comes out of Iran. Remember their claim a few months ago about their "Cure for AIDS" that they developed from herbs? ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I dont find this the least bit surprising in any way. Iran is the 4th largest oil producing country in the world. In fact, 38 billion seems rather modest in my opinion. Consider exxon mobile, they bring in nearly 9 billion in profit and thats just one company. As the 4th largest producer of oil, Iran should be expected to have these kind of numbers.

To the average person 38 billion may seem enormous, but in the grand scheme of things this is hardly pocket change.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Vipassana]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Did you think the Saudi Kings and Princes live in Golden Palaces because they were just mere sheepherders. Whats so unbelievable about that?
If Exxon can claim billions in profits in a 1 year span, then why shouldn't the 4th largest supplier of Black Gold rack in a few billion as well?

Pie

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh i dont find it unbelievable at all. Im just saying anything that comes out "officially" from the government of Iran needs to be taken with many grains of salt. See AIDS cure from herbs.

join