It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN inspectors returning to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 06:26 AM
link   
UN inspectors returning to Iraq

United Nations weapons inspectors are heading back to Iraq for the first time in four years, with a sweeping new mandate to search suspect sites.

news.bbc.co.uk...

- qo.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 07:50 AM
link   
we're the bullies of the world.
or as bill hicks so elloquently puts it.
we're Jack Pallance in "shane"

"pick up the gun"

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 08:41 AM
link   
And what have they found so far?Nothing.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:18 AM
link   
They haven't started searching I believe.....

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My mistake.....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Yep,Todays the third day and nothing.Still I doubt it will make much difference come the New Year.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I want to see what happens they try to inspect a presidential palace. I think that would have been a better place to search at the start.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Bob,You sound disapointed.

I heard that the UN found some Iraqi's at one of the places they looked at/Shock,Horror.Does this contravene the US interpretation of the security council resolution.

Surely Bob you should get in touch with your congressman and demand an imediate reprisal.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 06:14 PM
link   
My congressman hears from my quite a bit. Lol.
I just want them to search the places they haven�t searched. Get the tough places out of the way � it would set a nice tone for the inspections. I fear these are going to turn into a constant negotiation with Iraq as to where and when they can inspect �like last time.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Does it make any difference to you.

I think you're right WMD's are being hidden.But due process is what elevates us above Saddam

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 08:46 PM
link   
You echo my thoughts Bob88.I think the inspectors should start with Saddams palaces and military bases first.I also think there should be at least 4or 5 groups of inspectors going to different places at the same time.That might help cut down on the cat and mouse game they are going to have to play with Saddam.

posted on Nov, 29 2002 @ 09:17 PM
link   
JB - I think we've had plenty of due process, we're more than elevated above Saddam. Yeah Nyeff, they should be everywhere at once. Though, there are 17 people inspecting, what a farce.

Plus, it took Iraq only 2 days to violate the latest UN resolution.

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Ok Bob you got me.How did Iraq violate the resolution because I'll tell you what it's not been reported here.

Still waiting for the UN team to find something.I sense frustration in your posts on this Bob.Remember deep breaths.

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 08:42 AM
link   
In the new UN resolution it specified that Iraq was to cease hostilities against UN security members enforcing prior UN resolutions. Two days after accepting the new resolution Iraq fired (hostilities) on US and British planes (�security council members�) monitoring the no-fly zone (which are enforcing a prior UN resolution).

[Edited on 1-12-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As I am sure you are aware only the US are saying this is a violation of any UN resolution.Not even the British Government agree with it.The truth and I'm sure you know this already is that the "No Fly zone"has no basis in UN law.It was imposed by the US and UK government with no UN resolution.
The UN charter which supercedes all resolution states that a country has the right to defend its own land and airspace.
You'll just have to wait for a legitemate excuse to attack Saddam.

posted on Dec, 1 2002 @ 09:15 AM
link   
well, the fly-zone thing is debatable. Some will argue that it is infact a UN mandate - there was a resolution that asked for Kurdish and minority protection. The no-fly zone is there to protect them and has proven to be successful, has it not? But - that's the UN for you. They want these people to be protected but won't 'officially' make the no-fly monitoring official. More of an escape clause for the UN, imho. They obviously don't care about really protecting these people - at least there are 2 countries left that do

new topics

top topics

join