It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ParaNORmal: What in the Dan Hill is HAPpening Here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Note: I had originally posted (yesterday) this message in the The Group Webcam Watching Idea thread in the UFO's and Alien sub-forum but then deleted it because it was 'off-topic' for that thread. It belongs either in this sub-forum or the Skunkworks forum but for now I'll just post it here and see what happens. If it ends up going to Skunkworks that fine by me.
Here goes..... (keep in mind, I wrote the message below YESTERDAY around dinner time or so.)

I'm really excited about doing this live webcam UFO search that's coming up this friday!
And because I will have my Lake Erie live webcam on on that day, today I was trying out a Logitech webcam I purchased just recently.
It's got some neat new features that my old webcam does not have. One of them is a FACE TRACKING FEATURE.
Took a screenshot of the control panel for this cam -- see image below.

Anyway, today I set a stuffed frog up on my balcony railing and just for the fun of it I made a quick flag out of aluminum foil on a wooden shish-ka-bob stick to make it look as it it was waving a flag to summon UFOs

Well, much to my surprise, this new webcam of mine kept zeroing in on what it would 'see' as FACES on that aluminum foil flag that was blowing in the wind. (note: kept stuffed frog, aluminum flag and cam all in the same place as yesterday. Here's my live cam URL and see how this cam zooms in and out (it zooms in and out due to that Face Tracking feature):
www.mycampage.com...
-- the light is coming from a different direction now in this live cam.. but look at the top left corner of that flag as it is waving.... a few hours ago the sun was reflecting brighter off that foil...
Anyway, amazingly, the cam kept zooming in on what it registered as a face in that corner of the foil. AND THAT FACE KEPT CHANGING EXPRESSIONS!

Here are some screenshots, that were appearing at that time of those faces. They look like a face of a man in a suit with a bow tie or a string tie. Really weird isn't it? lol (I took these screenshots earlier today -- sun was shining from different direction than it is right now...

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
heh... his face looks like one of those creepy ventriliquist dolls :S

But interesting how that software works. It would be interesting in cases where sightings are visible for the normal eye, I mean if you could see a ghost in plain view the cam should be able to recognise it's "face" and focus on it...

I wonder if it could do the same in cases where the filmed object isn't visible to the naked eye... that would be even more interesting!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hi flice!
I was wondering the samething myself! (if it can zoom in on things that we can't see with our naked eye). Weird isn't it?
I've got some more pics from late last night ... am gathering up some of those images now.
Glad you can see that face... lol, yes, it does look like those creepy ventriloquist dummies..... just looking at it again sends shivers up my spine!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Lower frame -- right hand side.

See the face of a young man, staring up at the sky?

Everything's in perfect proportion: eyes in relation to nose in relation to mouth and to chin.

He is up in the left hand corner of the foil. Looks similar to a line-drawing.

There is a dark thing across his brow, running down to his ears. If you wanted, it could be headphones worn across the brow. The ear-piece is exactly where his ear would be.

You can see the line of his neck, complete with adams'-apple and even what could be a shirt collar.

The way the rest of the foil folds around his upper chest, could be a blanket.

For those who don't catch it first time around, the young man is in profile, looking upwards.

Really nice.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Dock6]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Wow! Thanks for breaking down that image. You are noticing things I didn't see before!
Quite frankly, I'm finding these images rather unsettling. Too bad they are not of say.... beautiful angels.. oh, well...

Lol.... If you see anything else... let us know!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Palasheea --- have you found him? That's great !

He's nice, huh? Very peaceful looking.

It's uncanny --- the brow ridge, just right.

The dark spot, precisely where his eye should be.

The nose is brilliant -- and the shading around eye/nose area.

He has a bit of an overbite -- makes the chin look a bit receding.

Sweet.

And the 'blanket' follows exactly the way you'd draw it if you had him lying under a blanket.

You'll have to keep posting new views. Fascinating.

Don't be creeped out. You could have really uncovered something here

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This webcams' Face Tracking feature is really amazing! The cam itself was only $65 -- purchased it from Radio Shack. I'm hoping someone here has the same cam Logitech Communicator where they might want to try this little experiment out themselves to see if they get similar results.
It's so strange how that cam was zooming in on even the smallest faces reflecting off the aluminum foil. The foil is the cheapest kind out there... very, very thin but great for using if you want a rectangle of it to blow in the wind as a flag.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Heh... Been looking at the cam for last 10 minutes, I see what you mean.

Keeps zooming in on the foil everytime the wind blows it up. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's anything other than the camera being a bit too sensitive...but cool to look at anyway!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I don't see it.

I see wrinkles in foil.

I see no face.

I see light and shadows and wrinkles.. I see no face.

If you try hard enough you can give relation to any shape you see in anything of texture. That doesn't mean that its really there.

Im sorry.. what am I missing here?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Naveiko,

Lol, it's weird the way it's zooming in and out like that. Lol If you see anything interesting on that foil -- take a screenshot of it ok?

I'm just on my way out the door now and will be gone for a couple of hours but when I get back, I'm going to re-position that frog so that I can have that aluminum foil flag blowing IN THE DIRECTION OF THE WIND -- yesterday the wind was blowing in from a slightly different angle than it is today....

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Im sorry.. what am I missing here?

Just looked at cam and that aluminum foil flag fell off.... am re-positioning that stuffed frog and putting back the flag right now so that that flag will be blowing in the direction of the wind.

Edit: Just put back the aluminum foil flag and switched the direction of the stuffed toy frog so that it's sort of facing where the wind is blowing from today. (not very sunny out there now... not much is reflecting off that foil now because of this too in addition to a weaker wind today)

I will have to turn off my cam and bring everything in in a few minutes because I have to run some errands -- looks like we might have some rain here while I'm gone.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just turned my live webcam back on for anyone to view! The sun's back out and it did not rain afterall.

Here's that link: www.mycampage.com...

top topics

join