It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Hip Hop Fans?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
YEAH YEAH YEAH !
Another hiphop headz HERE!

My fav. groups change almost constantly, but I can say that I love and will probably always:

G-Unit
Akenathon
Anticon
Atmosphere
The Beatnutz
Boot Camp Clik
Del the funky Homosapian & Deltron 3030
Dilated People
Funkdoobiest
Gangstarr
Jedi Mind Tricks
Jurassic 5
Loop Troop
Lost Boyz
Micks Familia
Necro
Non Phixion
Pharoahe Monch
Pharcyde
Rahzel
Rascalz
Royal Flush
Sans Pression
The Roots
The High and MIghty
Tupac
Xzibit
and the "36 chambers" album of Wu-Tang
Old Wu-Tang stuff RULED!!!

Thanks all for what you mentionned, now I'll have new stuff (well..some) to listen to !

Originally posted by DiabolusFireDragon
I can get into hip-hop MUSIC(non-lyrical content), it's just that 75% of the lyrics in hip-hop music that I hear usually involve being a "thug," being "hard," and include too much juvenile and immature behavior. That's not to say ALL hip-hop, though.

What you describe sounds like mainstream hip hop to me.

NotTooHappy

You're way too WASTED !!! GET out of here!

TheColonel

I think the thread you're talking about was erased when Simon erased the entire "Entertainement" section, sadly... Was a great thread.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yo Morbid that's a long list...you got everybody on there some of the greats, some of my favorites...I suggest folk that are only use to mainstream hiphop just grab one of those names and listen cause not all hiphop is about thug this, and pimp that. If I had to suggest a artist to cut ya teeth on...it would prolly be Jurassic 5. They go deep and they go fun. It's a perfect mix and they were in Indy not too long ago...dope show.

I think hiphop has a bad name among many folk because of the type of hiphop that makes it onto tv and radio. Tap the underground and you'll see why we love it so much...well, I love it. Can't speak for everybody else.

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
not all hiphop is about thug this, and pimp that.

I think hiphop has a bad name among many folk because of the type of hiphop that makes it onto tv and radio.

Exactly ! It almost became an 'stereotype' that a hip hop band HAVE to speak about guns, drugs & thugness ! I hate when people think like this and actually believe it!

Jurassic 5 rulez. I love the song "What's golden", it's definitly one of my favorite.

[Edited on 2-4-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just wondering if anyone here has ever heard Roots Manuva, it's the best of British hip-hop

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Chud

Of course ! But the only song I really like from them is "Witness the fitness". That beat is DOPE!!!

Edit. But if you got some fine title to suggest, I'd love to check 'em out

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I'm no Hip Hop fan, not at all, but I do like some groups. Asian Dub Foundation is a favourite, but they are not pure Hip Hop, they are influenced by a lot of other styles. Warlocks is good, thats a Norwegian group. NWA and Public Enemy also has some great tracks.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I love witness the fitness

I've only got 'Run Come Save Me', it's a good album.
'Join the Dots' with Chali 2na is pretty good aswell.
Does anyone else ever go to Windows Media, cause you can type in an artist, and listen to their albums, I recommend it
Search for Roots Manuva, go to discography, and you can listen to 30 second clips from each song

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Man; I've seen a couple people on here say they don't like Hip-Hop but have probably never even heard Hip-Hop. :shk:

The radio and MTV doesn't count. You rarely hear Hip-Hop on them sh*ts.
Just rap and R&B(Rap and Bullsh*t) :bnghd: .

ONE

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
50 Cent? G unit? BAH! They dont even play instruments. They sound like their half asleep. And all eminem talks about is violence and drugs and all. Whats the point? Their no different from each other!!!
Rock is the original

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Monk

I think you must not have listenned to a lot of Eminem's song, obviously.

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monk
50 Cent? G unit? BAH! They dont even play instruments. They sound like their half asleep. And all eminem talks about is violence and drugs and all. Whats the point? Their no different from each other!!!
Rock is the original

rock came from the blues, and we all know where the blues came from...so no, rock would not be the original anything.

for the record, rakim is the GOAT of the old school and nas for the new school.

i grew up on old school rap...sugarhill gang, kurtis blow, biz markee, big daddy kane, run-dmc, ll, tribe called quest, de la soul, pe, krs-one etc

i also dig such names as;
lo deck
slug
brother ali
jay z
mos def
mobb deep
aesop rock
mr lif
biggie
jurrasic 5

some producers i dig are;
pete rock - GOAT!
premier
beatnuts
prince paul
primo
neptunes
timbaland

djs;
grandmixer dxt
grandwizzard theodore
jazzy jay
red alert
eric b
the piklz
beat junkies
krush
shadow
cut chemist
numark

i could go on...

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
^^^

(Except for Timbaland :shk: )

ONE

[Edited on 17-1-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
hah come on, tim's got some hot beats!!! besides the missy/magoo sh*t he's got some sleepers with the outsiderz...the "who are you" remix 12" comes to mind. - one

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I am the only Dark Man X, AkA DMX, Aka the Dog, Fan?
He is real. Ruff Ryders "Motherfu..ers know it was a problem, went from robbin to rappin...... "

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
i like DMX too, plus I think he is fine!!!! arfff arffff

seriously he gives one of the best live performances I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Best freestyler? - Agreed its undisputed Big L. In a battle against Jay Z, when he spit this it was all over:

"Big L is that nig'gah you expect, to catch rep, on any cassette deck. I'm so ahead of my time my parents haven't met yet."

So it goes like this:

Big L
B.I.G.
Grouch
Brotha Lynch
Vadim
Mobb Deep
Ghostface
GZA
Che Fu
King Kapisi
Dam Native

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
FLATLINERZ
shame they only had one album.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Haha^^^ I have their "Satanic Verses" single on wax. Pretty ill beats on that. They're style was actually Hip Hop too and not just some wack rap sh*t.

Were they really on some Satan worship stuff or was it just for shock value? I'ma have to listen to it again and see if I can tell.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? HELL YEAH I LIKE HIP HOP! The top 5 would have to be:

1.Dre
2. NWA
3.EminEm
4.50 Cent
5. Snoop

Pretty much anyone Dre has found. He finds the best rappers.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I never got into hip hop....just because the music doesn't really drive me. I'd rather go to a Casualties show where I'm banging my head against a wall and screaming my lungs out or hangin out at a good old Brandtson show chillin...kickin back..and bein emo. Or goin to a freckin mambo club so I can get out my heels and get sexy or hang out a swing joint so i can FINALLY go dancin again, i haven't been skanking, or swinging for that matter, in a long time.

I dunno, dancing to hip hop never kciked it for me.

I don't ever really listen to it. I like old school rap a whole lot more than the stuff out there now. Once people start putting numbers in their names it all goes downhill. Pretty soon, our kids names are gonna be CutieChick2217 or BabieDoll89.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join