It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Hip Hop Fans?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
hey are there any hip hop fans here? if so whos your favorite artist or group?

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Of course there are...I like some of it...mostly underground...the only mainstream I listen to is Snoop.

Cage
Non-Phixion
Heiro

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by Tetsuo-51]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Cannibal Ox, anything with Viktor Vaughn

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I dis-like more stuff than I like, in respect to Hip-Hop.
There are is to much repetition. Too many songs sound like they use a loop of video game music.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
brotha lynch is the best..then maybe gangsta pat..mr. doctor...three six mafia....x-raided..maybe a few other really good ones..

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
i like a lot of stuff, some bieng project pat, mr pookie, devin the dude, southpark mexican....

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Im with you on that....G-Unit is my favorite rap/hip-hop group...got EVERY cd they put out...then theres Snoop and Tupac coming in at a close 2nd.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
most certainly a hiphop head...favorite folk are Talib Kweli, the Roots, Nas, and AesopRock. Don't listen to much mainstream though...can't stand Fifty or his whole G-unit crew, but to each his own.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Is Outkast hip-hop? Cause, I like some of that. Otherwise, I am not a fan of hiphop. Though, I am down with some rap. I'll still listen to some NWA, Ghetto Boyz, Too short, PE, DU, EPMD, Biggie, and stuff like that, the good stuff.

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I am a rabid hip hop anti fan. I prefer to listen to music. Not just somebody shouting in rhythm. Give me melody, harmony, and rhythm all working together.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Im with you on that....G-Unit is my favorite rap/hip-hop group...got EVERY cd they put out...

Err... They only put out one didn't they? The other member's are not too well known nor do they represent G Unit too well so if there's more then one, forgive me.

As far as hip hop/rap is concerned, I'm a big fan (possible obvious by the username). I like 2Pac, Eminem, etc.

I personally like a mixture of some rock and some rap. I get kind of bored of hearing the same ole' "I #ed this Bitch and that Bitch, kicked this guy's ass, bought myself 5 car's and did I mention I got more money then you?". I like to lean toward's the artist who atleast put out one CD that has 5 or more (one major) song's that mean something. Such as Eminem (every song of his mean's something. Even square dance where most people think he's just being weird. listen the lyric's). I personally don't like 50 Cent because ALL he is, is the same is every other rapper. Why does he become famous? Because Eminem said he's cool?

Rock I like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, The Ataris, Etc. That type of stuff.

BUT! I listen to ALOT of underground. Mostly the Emcee's at Rapbattles.com

My favorite of which being Rewind.

ip1.soundclick.com.../bands/5/rewindmusic.htm

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Die Die Die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, U2U me, then I'll tell U 'bout "Hip_Hop"!!!!!

[Edited on 1/1/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
OK, I had stuff to say but, I'm way to wasted!!!! So, U2U me and I'll talk about "Hip-Hop"!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yeah! What you missed out on the battle? Go look up the hip hop battle on ATS/BTS just with lyrics. I diess Akiria or some cartoon caharacter....Ask ADVISOR about it.:w:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Yeah! What you missed out on the battle? Go look up the hip hop battle on ATS/BTS just with lyrics. I diess Akiria or some cartoon caharacter....Ask ADVISOR about it.:w:

I dunno what you just said but, you're special boy! I love you colonel!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Hey, you know who Orin Hatch is, right!!!! Yeah, right now, I've got soooooopo much on his repugnant ass! U2U me. !!!!!!!!!!!1

P.S. Rock out with you Cock out!.........Snoogins!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
OH, with the "Hip-Hop" I get no Respect!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wait a sec... Am I the only one who's not wasted here??? Damn, just when I was ready to go out, sleep started banging my head silly. It's sickening!!! Must be the neighbour girl's punch that put me to sleep.

AAAAAAAARRRRRGHHH!!!!

These are my fave's: 2pac, West side connection, Wu tang clan, Naughty by Nature, Snoop, Bone thugz 'n harmony, Onyx. Long time ago I used to listen to Ice T a lot.

Fuschnickens. Arrested Development, the Roots etc... are also good.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Is Outkast hip-hop? Cause, I like some of that. Otherwise, I am not a fan of hiphop. Though, I am down with some rap. I'll still listen to some NWA, Ghetto Boyz, Too short, PE, DU, EPMD, Biggie, and stuff like that, the good stuff.

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by Bob88]

I'm the same way. OutKast is just good damn music IMO. And throw mean parties in the ATL! Plus they sample and imitate (with mad respect) the original bomb:
Parliament/Funkadelic!!

George Clinton IS an Alien. Mothership Connection. Can you feel it? Gonna shoot you with the Bop Gun.

As for Rap, yup...old school remains undefeated. This new Hustler's convention of wannabes is weak.

(like my Jamie Kennedy impersonation?)

GRRR - I can't find any pics on-line of the ORIGINAL DISCONAUT!!! (and stupid Brak has my vinyl) Any P-Funk fans recommend good sites?

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here are my favs:

And My Irish Boyz:

And you cant forget Flava-Flave and the gang:

Cpl more:

MY FAVS:

And the worst Rap of all Time:

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88

All of these guys are hiphop--i don't wanna spend too much time defining it but...hiphop is a culture. The four rocks: rock the mic, rock turntables, rock ya body, and rock the city. the elements of music, art, and dance makes it a culture. All forms of rap music are part of the hiphop culture. So if you like rap you like hiphop.

And I can't believe a conservative like you listens to the Ghetto Boyz

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join