It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't they shut ATS down?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
This may be a stupid and very simple question...if there is a NWO movement out there why haven't they shut down, or snuffed everyone that's on here?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Why would ''They'' want to do that?

Do you not know what would happen, if ATS is shut down .......well, what happens when you add fuel to fire?
It just makes bigger flames!

As soon as conspiracy related posts are out there, no one cares but only those that seek to know the truth behind them.
The ones that are involved in whatever the conspiracy matter is........simply do not care because they have it all worked out, or simply they think they have it all worked out.....but give it time and all will be revealed to those that seek the knowledge of truth.

I'm sure there was more for me to say, but I forget....

take care,
IX
helen

EDIT to add more wording /ok, let's say that there's a secret kept from you and you have heard about it but still not sure if it is the whole truth, what do you do?
Do you go looking for the truth, or do you simply choose to dismiss it and come to your own conclusion about what this secret might be?
Obviously you want to know what the whole truth is.......but, will you ever get the whole truth or simply get what you want to hear?
If no one talks, then it becomes more of a why and what and who.....so sometimes having conspiracy related threads are good for the people who want their true intentions kept that way!
There are so many different opinions out there, that each one is based on their own judgement and it just makes it all the unclear...
Throw dirt in clean water.......it just gets cloudy and harder to look into.
Too many opinions just does that exact same thing......
That is exactly what THEY want!

hmmm,either im tired and not making sense, or hopefully you understood what it is I was trying to say!
helen

[edit on 4/18/2007 by helen670]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Another Aussie, good to see.

I get your point. I'm sure they are watching though.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Also as John Lear has said here on ats "they" aren't concerned with "second hand" information. Not to mention the probability that there are many disinformation agents right here on ats (allegedly/my opinion) actively trying to derail any useful information, as well as attempting to give credence to obvious bull-puckey and various other tactics. It should be evident that this occurs all over the internet.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by WhiteWash]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   

to mention the probability that there are many disinformation agents right here on ats

yeah there the one's who make light of everything you say and put all kinds of these up:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
lets say 'they' shut ATS down .

I would just move to the biggest forum online @ that time !! Hey dont get me wrong guys , i like ATS!! But if ur honest, ur coming here for the info and not for the site itself!

I hope they never try to close us down, i would have to get a life!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77
This may be a stupid and very simple question...if there is a NWO movement out there why haven't they shut down, or snuffed everyone that's on here?

Two answers:
1. 'They' don't exist or
2. The site is a 'control', a 'dumping ground' for conspiracies.
Let me elaborate:
Have you seen the Matrix?
Basically Machines enslave humanity as a power source(long story) and keep them in a sedated form of virtual reality. However a small band of humans, with the help of others, manage to 'break' their chains, exit the virtual reality and enter the 'real world'.
The Machines, anticipating this, create Zion, a city-state in the real world where the escapees can congregate. They must do this as their (the escapees) continued existance in the V.R world will lead to more humans escaping, until eventually all the humans, and the machines power, are gone.

But it's twofold. While we post our theories on here the media, (presumably 'they' controlled), along with well-placed disinfo agents manipulates situations and events to make us appear like raving lunatics (Reptilians aliens created spam to harvest our liquefying organs!), further isolating us from the very people we are trying to 'enlighten'.

Imagine the backlash if they did.
Wouldn't the disbanding of a major conspiracy website seem, well, just a bit suspicious?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The last thing anyone needs for any cause is a martyr, that would be like saying "We know what you say is right and for that reason we have to kill you"

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic
But if ur honest, ur coming here for the info and not for the site itself!

Actually, I do come here because of the site and the members that are a part of it.

This site couldn't be shut down anyway, it's too big and it would be like tearing the White House from Washington, it wouldn't go unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Easiest answer? I wanna know who knows what? I take a stroll over here and see. It's like catalogue shopping. Sleep easy, now.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It's a thought I've thought about many times and continue to think about.
Seems to me ATS growth has and is in the process of absorbing, through popularity, many people off other sites that are rapidly becoming skeletons or more social related.

Having all the eggs in one basket is great for people like you and me.
But may present a danger as any effort to effect it's operation from outside sources, if you know what I mean, would have a direct impact on you and I since other sites are drying up and the one main site we depend on for the majority if not all conspiracy related subject matter pretty-much leaves people with nowhere to go should anything happen to interrupt its operation.

However, ATS being owned internationally has it's merits, assuming that's the case. It's hard to think ATS is not being watched heavily, it so big and so bold.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

if there is a NWO movement out there why haven't they shut down, or snuffed everyone that's on here?

One reason...

They would have to deal with me first.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Only one reason why they will not touch this site..

And that is because it does NOT outline the truth in one place, and allows its users to become confused with all the various theories/information on the site.

If it serves to confuse even more people/spread more paranoia and fear, you think they will want to shut it down??..

In the end, all you need to know about is 2012
The truth is not out there, but within you, encoded right into your own DNA!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Aw dang it SO you beat me to the punch....

Other theory would be that it is far better that we are kept in one place and kept happy than to enrage us and give us the idea to spread out to MSM outlets.

One well written article with enough subliminial seed plants could get others to begin to think, stop watching TV, and think some more. Ask any stoner why pot is illegal and they will flat out tell you it is because the government doesn't want you to think the thoughts you have when high. Some thoughts are out there sure, but some thoughts are right on.

Basically there are various controls in modern western society, such as college degree equates to affirmation of intelligence. Ask Abe Lincoln, Nikola Tesla, Bill Gates, Thomas Edison and whole long list of people what their earned degree was...none.

"They" allow this site to exist, to keep us happy. Or as the old gypsy lady told me, "Don't ever become evil. The world could not handle it. "

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Ahabstar]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Ask any stoner why pot is illegal and they will flat out tell you it is because the government doesn't want you to think the thoughts you have when high. Some thoughts are out there sure, but some thoughts are right on.

See my post i made a minute ago in this thread; www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Truth = Consciousness", and psychadelics are very interlinked with consciousness. That all you need to know really

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Man S. O. that suit is really tight. How high is your voice right now?

They shut down ATS and three other amigo's will open up a new ATS. And I really wouldn't want to be the one to have to answer to S.O. if it were shut down. I love ATS and wouldn't go anywhere else.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
No offense, but i dont think being attached to one website is healthy.. ATS is a good collection of mainly opinion, but also alot of fact, although you have to navigate carefully to find it.

ATS should be one of many websites in your array of truth seeking, not the only one

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Skeptic overlord - who wants to mess with that?

They keep their friends close and their enemies closer. What better way to discern the best way to spin a tale, than to read the innermost thoughts of your populace?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

They would have to deal with me first.

If they had the power to legally shut the entire site down, I'm sure they'd have no problem imprisoning or otherwise removing the people who are behind the site in the first place either.

As to why they don't shut it down, there are enough junk theories here to cover up any that have even a kernal of truth. As previously mentioned, a lot of the stuff posted here takes away any credibility the site has with the general public. Plus there are many theories saying ATS is already run by "them", and they are using the site to mould and mislead all the conspiracy theorists

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

if there is a NWO movement out there why haven't they shut down, or snuffed everyone that's on here?

For the same reason they build parks in cities, to make people feel more comfortable.

An uncomfortable middle or lower class isn't necessary for the ruling body to remain in control, but to the contrary, it can quickly bring to a rest a ruling body's control if the lower classes get too rowdy. Peons have to feel like everything is good the way it is, except for whatever the ruling class is trying to change at any given time (ie to bring war to the Mid-East, start a "War on Terror" by making a huge conflict on 9/11).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join