It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NGC - Explorer - "Iraq's Guns For Hire" - Episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
On Wednesday evening the National Geographic Channel's Explorer will air the episode: "Iraq's Guns for Hire"

Explorer: "Iraq's Guns for Hire" at 8P et/pt

Private security contractors in Iraq’s war zone risk their lives to protect VIPs and transport critical supplies. See how these mercenaries survive in the “kill zone.”

I saw the commercial and was wondering if this is the work that Blackwater does in country?

I thought they were security for contractors and such but in the commercial, these mercenaries were cruising the streets well armed and looked like they were hunting the enemy, I will be interested to see what this show is about and I wanted to share it with the members who would be interested in seeing this as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I posted this late last night and just wanted to bump it one time so the daytime crew can see this and tune in if interested.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Originally aired about a month ago. Shows the various private contractors from the uk also,and what they do. They arent goin on missions or anything like that. They tasks are either transportation of supplies between bases,or protection of vip's. You get to see a good variety of different contract firms and their preffered tactics.

Some go high profile,which would be the guys you saw on the commercial. Basically letting everyone know whats up,with a show of force. It actually works. Others go low profile,more so with the protection of vip's. They ride in civillian clothes,and cars. Usually the cars are armored,but not always.

Its a good watch,i enjoyed it.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Its been on for a while, saw it and its really good. NGC does some really good work, I think its taken over the job from Discovery, whos just turned into making motorcycles and reality, stupid.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The original discovery channel has gone downhill somewhat,thats why i watch their other channels. The science channel,and military channel have taken the place of regular discovery these days.

Discovery times has become the investigative section. They've also had some good docs about the mid-east/iraq-afghan war. But i like NGC more now than before.

top topics

join