It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching for UFOs...Thanks, ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed a change in their mentality after coming to this site for a while? I myself find myself looking up at the night sky and not so much looking at the stars anymore, but rather, looking for something else.

Coming to this site, reading so many people's posts, from the skeptics to the nuts, opened me up to a whole new world I didn't even know existed: underground information. The non-mainstream.

I've always gone to the non-mainstream media for political news, but never before for regular news. Now I find myself checking CNN or FoxNews and seeing a story there, so I do a search for it to find out more info.

In many ways, I've opened my mind about things I thought I knew, but in other ways, I've become more of a skeptic. Now, when I hear on the news a reference to something (like eggs only standing on end on the vernal equinox
:lol
I think, back it up. I don't believe you. It's the same thing here, too. When people make statements about things as though it's just a given, I think (and usually write) back it up.

So in summary, this website has made me more open to information I'd been brought up to dismiss, but it's made me much more skeptical of people who say this is so, beleive me, I know. Quite frankly, I like the change. Thanks, ATS!

But now I'm wondering, has anyone else undergone this genesis after coming here, or any kind of change in their mentality? And do you think it was for the better, or worse?

P.S. This website still hasn't convinced me the government is out to get me

[Edited on 1-4-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
P.S. This website still hasn't convinced me the government is out to get me

I don't think that they are out to get us, it is just that they are in it for their own benifit and don't actually care about the 'little' people.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
heh, man, did this die a quick death...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I just registered here a few days ago, but I've been questioning things and looking upward for years (since my days in the Air Force in Montana).

Regarding media, mainstream and non-mainstream alike... There's a lot of BS to sift through on the non-mainstream/underground sites. I often find a lot of information in the mainstream media by reading between the lines and taking note of what was NOT mentioned.

You are wise to seek everything you can find on a given topic. Most sheep in the country just watch the local news and Headline news. Even then, they fail to understand what they "see".

Sheep, I says...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
my main interest when I joined ATS was the paranormal and trying to discover whether there is an afterlife or not. I am still interested in that but my mind has definatly turned more to the question of extraterresrial life. Maybe because it is something that is more likely to be prooved and has more evidence for than the afterlife.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In all honesty, my original goal coming to this website was to see if I could get the paranoia-o-meter to get to running for the hills. Me and a co-worker, RUNNINGFORTHEHILLS were going to do this together, but he never got his email info on what his password is. It's probably for the best, because if he would have joined, I probably would have missed out on a great opportunity.

Now, I've become a seeker of knowlege and other people's opinions, rather then a fear monger. It's actually a lot more fun!

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You shouldn't just look to the sky at night. My sighting was during the day. If it was night, I probably wouldn't have seen it.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
i was wondering....is there a certain bird that can fly as high as the clouds, and be able to play in and out of a cloud.

This particular cloud and group of birds (3 to be exact) were above the elevation of planes making their final turn to descent into the airport (10 miles away). you figure how high that was, i don't know

The only reason as why I am so curious is that these 'birds" were flying in and out of the clouds, then 1 flew straight westward and the other 2 disappeared into and above the cloud. I call them birds because from where I was, the birds were little dark spots only to me, not an easy recognizable shape such as a plane or triangle. There was a commercial jet coming in to make the turn about 5 minutes before i saw the birds and then about 10 minutes after they dissapated, another plane came in.

would like to know if anyone knows of the species of birds that can fly that high and play in the clouds...maybe a vulture?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolutionary
I just registered here a few days ago, but I've been questioning things and looking upward for years (since my days in the Air Force in Montana).

Regarding media, mainstream and non-mainstream alike... There's a lot of BS to sift through on the non-mainstream/underground sites. I often find a lot of information in the mainstream media by reading between the lines and taking note of what was NOT mentioned.

You are wise to seek everything you can find on a given topic. Most sheep in the country just watch the local news and Headline news. Even then, they fail to understand what they "see".

Sheep, I says...

Malmstrom AFB @ Great Falls?

top topics

join