It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Conservatives Show true NEOCON colours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Harper's Gov Snub Charter of Rights and Freedom celebration/anniversary

Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

To those outside Canada...this Charter is Very important to our growth as a sovereign nation and is held near and dear to our hearts. Harper didn't even send a low level representative..Infact he cut funding to the very program that is used to challenge the charter in court!!!!

Canadians....wake up and get rid of these Neocons......they've crossed the border to use our resources and ruin us as well. Just research to see what else this guy has pulled and who OWNS him. Harper didn't even go to the international Aids conference hosted in our own country awhile ago because he didn't want to seem gay friendly LOL ( Canada had already passed legislation for same-sex marriage and Harper brought it back to overturn it against the peoples wishes.....he failed) This man is as evil as GWB, but MUCH MUCH more intelligent!!! This is just one more sign of what he would do if he/they could get away with it!

Comments?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah,Harper's a devil compared to those previous liberal leaders.

When he wastes 2 billion trying to get the liberal gun registry going again,steals 200 million for the conservative partys cronies,and buys a bunch of outdated military gear for the Canadian forces,I'll start to complain.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Harper admires George Bush and Mike (the Hammer) Harris. His agenda is to radically change the political lanscape of Canada in much the same way as the Harris government changed Ontario recently.

Whatever comes out of the Fraser Institute will be echoed in pending Federal policy changes. My major concern is a quick election and a majority conservative government which will bring radical revisions to the judicial system, an elected senate and international relationships echoing the present American administration's views.

You mentioned that Harper is intelligent. I agree, but I worry that he is manipulated by certain 'financial' groups which take precedence over his 'Common Sense' revolution.

Some of it will be positive, no doubt, but I'm hesitant to back him with my vote.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble Connector, but Harper and the Conservatives are the best thing to happen to Canadian Federal politics in decades. The Liberal Party of Canada is corrupt to the core, just browse the Globe and Mail for examples, and it will take 10 years to clean up the mess left by Martin, Chretien, and Trudeau.

If Harper appears to be disinterested in the celebration of the Charters anniversary, he has good cause! Trudeau rammed that thing down our collective throats with no option as a people to vote on the contents. As a result, we have no property rights, and a piece of paper that can, and has been challenged by every left wing useless moron with a cause, or axe to grind. At public expense no less.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
Yeah,Harper's a devil compared to those previous liberal leaders.

When he wastes 2 billion trying to get the liberal gun registry going again,steals 200 million for the conservative partys cronies,and buys a bunch of outdated military gear for the Canadian forces,I'll start to complain.

at least the liberals were only trying to line their own pockets. Im curiouse whos pockets the conservatives are lineing. they have come up with huge surplusses, cracked down on accountability, but all he wants is conservative policy.

Did he ever reveal ALL his donors for his campaign?

read some of these quotes and ask yourself. who he does he really work for?

We should have been there shoulder to shoulder with our allies. Our concern is the instability of our government as an ally. We are playing again with national and global security matters.
Canadian Press Newswire, April 11, 2003
On the justification for the war, it wasn't related to finding any particular weapon of mass destruction. In our judgment, it was much more fundamental. It was the removing of a regime that was hostile, that clearly had the intention of constructing weapons systems. … I think, frankly, that everybody knew the post-war situation was probably going to be more difficult than the war itself. Canada remains alienated from its allies, shut out of the reconstruction process to some degree, unable to influence events. There is no upside to the position Canada took.
Maclean’s, August, 25, 2003
This party will not take its position based on public opinion polls. We will not take a stand based o­n focus groups. We will not take a stand based o­n phone-in shows or householder surveys or any other vagaries of public opinion… In my judgment Canada will eventually join with the allied coalition if war on Iraq comes to pass. The government will join, notwithstanding its failure to prepare, its neglect in co-operating with its allies, or its inability to contribute. In the end it will join out of the necessity created by a pattern of uncertainty and indecision. It will not join as a leader but unnoticed at the back of the parade.
en.wikiquote.org...

there is not a doubt in my mind that this guy is a puppet, and i agree with Connector that he is much smarter than bush.

ive been watching this guy since he campaigned, i never liked him, and i always thought the sponsorship scandal was a cooked up remedy to get Martin out and Harper in because Harper was not supposed to lose to Martin the first time.

I liked martin. So he ran some coke, got a little extra out of life, i just never seen him as the type to so much desire power as much as just the means to act human and have a good time.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Excellent replies!

Freespeaker, I completely agree the liberals needed to be taught a lesson, but as tom goose pointed out...they were lining their own pockets, but keeping Canada sovereign. Harper isn't just lining other peeps pockets, but slowly eroding what separates Canada from the US. His controllers are the same as the Christian right wing down south. Do you know how the Alliance was party created??? Then slowly they morphed ( in name only) into the Conservatives. Why do you think Joe Clark opposed it with all his heart?

masqua, agreed. That's my fear as well and seemed to be what he is headed for.

Cynic, I can tell by the tone of your post that no matter I can say will change your mind but, have you even read the entire charter?? The envy of many countries in the modern world. Ya a document that GUANTEES the equality between all races, religions, sexes, beliefs, expression, freedom of the press and of assembly . The right of habeas corpus...the right to challenge the government and courts in public, the right to challenge laws and try and make them better and more relevant to popular belief. BTW no "wing nut, wacko" can just go challenge the charter, it first must go through several other courts to get there. If they make it then perhaps there is merit in the challenge, no?? As for cleaning the mess of Trudeau, Chretien , and Martin......bilingualism, the charter, standard national education, expanding trade with the world(not just the US) and balancing the budget will take along time to fix LOL.

tom, nice quotes! Most peeps don't realize that we would be in Iraq right now if Harper would have been in power. Wasn't it marvelous that as soon as he got power that the softwood lumber dispute was settled for 1 billion less then the amount owed( no word on interest) and it was hailed as a triumph? Have we been paid yet? Must be because Mulroney is one of his top advisor's and just happens to the architect of free trade. Makes ya wonder.......... sold out nice and slow....

~edit to add~ Forgot to mention, Cynic please read the charter link. It wasn't shoved down our throats. It was studied and debated for a long time...recorded and televised. Analyzed by the provinces, MP's, the Senate, civil rights experts, interest groups...basically anyone that wanted to be involved. And as for property rights, you can blame the NDP for getting that added. So you would still like to be under the UK's constitution?

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Connector]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
On the subject of challenges to the Charter, up until recently, anyone could launch a challenge and receive government funding to do it. The Liberals were responsible for that mess, and the Tories wisely ended it.

I don't require a lesson in "history" since it is not very accurate. Books are revised all the time, but I don't want to go there right now....

Trudeau rammed that thing down Canada's throat to satisfy his overly large and self-important ego. He was a Communist at heart, and his social engineering projects have cost this country dearly. You may choose to read into it whatever you wish, but he stuck us with that lame piece of paper, and it has been a burden ever since. Without Quebec, it was destined to be a source of trouble from the get go.

Ordinary people were never consulted in the drafting of the Charter, and thats' where my problem lies. Politicians made it, NOT people. And believe me, there is a major difference there. Sorry Connector, we must agree to disagree.

BTW I am almost 50 years old, and an avowed Conservative that has never missed a vote in this great Country of Canada. I follow the issues of the day, and remain open to new ideas, I simply loathe being dictated to with arrogance and self-importance. Trudeau was one such politician. I just thought you should know where I am coming from, it may serve to clarify certain points. For a true perspective of Canadian history, read the newspapers of the day, not the history books. And Nixon was right, Trudeau was an a$$hole. (Watergate Tapes)

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hey Cynic, no worries. That's why we come hear, to here different opinions/ philosophies and debate! You believe someone like Trudeau is an evil communist and I believe someone like Harper is a evil fascist.

As for people voting on the charter, that would be nice in a perfect world, but it would take forever and we would get no where. At what % does it pass??? 50% wouldn't be enough...60,70,80%? I'm not aware of any countries constitution coming to fruition by voting( I've never researched it though) We needed to cut that last string to the UK. It was about time. The ability for anyone( peeps with no money) to challenge to charter, gives us the opportunity
to evolve and change it as society changes. Now only people with lotsa money or backing from an entity with an agenda, can really go forward with the court system. I would think someone who isn't happy with the charter would want to keep the funding to challenge it. You could be out fighting now!

Thank you for alittle background on yourself. As for me, when most kids were
reading comics, I was reading the local paper. I'm a news junky
Which lead me to a career in the media and news. I was an film/video editor for CBC Newsworld, then The National and finally onto the Doc section ( Nature of Things, Nat Mag, etc) Now I'm a true capitalist lol, I'm part owner in a private business not even closely related to the media....but am thinking of goin back. Didn't want ya to think your talking with a no it all teen, pullin opinions outta his @ss

It's sort of ironic I mentioned the softwood lumber story earlier in the thread. Seems after 7 months the US is already trying kill it......

Officals meet to resolve tensions over softwood lumber deal

Looking forward to your opinions and debating you about the board

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Connector]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connector
Most peeps don't realize that we would be in Iraq right now if Harper would have been in power.

And for that I am forever grateful that Chretien was in power at the time. When Chretien declared that Canada would not be going to Iraq, he got a standing ovation in parliament. Harper wanted to go to Iraq, and look at the mess in that country, now. To me, Harper is a Bush clone, and I will be a very happy man the day Harper gets voted out of office.

top topics

join