It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats rattle schools in 7 states: Update 10 states.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Threats rattle schools in 7 states: Update 10 states.

news.yahoo.com

AUSTIN, Texas - Campus threats forced lock-downs and evacuations at universities and grade schools in seven states on Tuesday, a day after a Virginia Tech student's shooting rampage killed 33 people. One threat in Louisiana directly mentioned the massacre in Virginia, while others were reports of suspicious activity in Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, North Dakota, South Dakota and Michigan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-4-2007 by sanctum]

[edit on 18-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
So what's up with this. A copy cat? One person? More than one person? What exactly does this mean?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sick people looking to make life at these Universities/ colleges scary and doing it for kicks.

This event may very well happen someplace else. The sick mind will think it's a good idea and the killer will think he will go down in history.

Roper

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This always happens after a traumatic event, like a mass murder.
Copy Cats abound in this sick society. The terrible things is; some of
the copy cats carry out their threats; looking for their 15min. of fame, just
like the original perpetrator received.

When you have a society with a lot of disenfranchised, lonely, confused and drugged/drunk individuals; what do you expect.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They said one guy was a 53 year old man.

I can see a copy cat with one school. But were looking at schools in 7 different states here. From grade, middle, high, and yes colleges again.

Has war been declared on our children?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar

Has war been declared on our children?

Shar, I believe it's spiritual war. With out God who do you have?

Roper

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Also keep in mind that 04/20 is almost here. This time of year this sort of thing happens.
Quite sad and very sick. :shk:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Umbrax,

Hey what does 4-20 mean?

Is it cause its the end of the year. People are stressed? Or something else?

[edit on 17-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It is the anniversary of the Columbine shootings.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
this always happens after a big event. its nothing new. It happened at my HS it should be expected.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
4/20 is also national marijauna day...jusyt thought i'd add that

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Umbrax,

Oh wow, ok thanks for reminding me of that date. I knew about that. Just not the date. Ok, I see people are truly messed up!!! To do this just because some idiot did that way back then.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
ImpliedChaos,

What happen, were you there at the time?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The 20th of April is also Adolf Hitler Birthday. This causes a lot of the wackos to come out. I also think it was the main reason the Columbine shooter picked that day.

[edit on 4/17/2007 by digitalassassin]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
ImpliedChaos,

What happen, were you there at the time?

It happened during my senior yr which was early last year. We kept getting threats But finally we found some kid with a 'hit list' and this long knife in his backpack. In the list he had the names of his 'generals ' (ppl who were going to help him)and the types of weapons they were to use (shotguns.etc) he was expelled but his 'generals' were not. The school tried to downplay it and say he only had a small boyscout knife...but my mom works at the hospital where they took him for mental eval. and she said it was huge...also around the same time other schools in the area (jacksonville fl.) were getting bomb threats and such all around the anniv. of Columbine. So its to be expected that after any incident threats will occur...but it may not even be more threats but just more media attention is focused on it...(sidenote the whole knife thing was in the news for a good 5 sec before it dissapeared)

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

This will die down in a few months. I can guarantee it. And you can quote me on it. This is the exact same thing that happened after Columbine.

Schools in the United States received at least 5,000 bomb threats in the six months after the Columbine High School shootings, an education safety group says.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
ImpliedChaos,

Wow, sorry you and your school went through all of this. I don't think I would of made it through school, if I heard things like this. School and all that goes with it is hard enough without all of this kind of crap.

Our children today. I am sad for them, for they have to go through.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
All these meathead kids taking advantage of a situation. All it takes is one lazy ass kid that doesn't feel like going to school now to have his whole school close down is make a fake call about a bomb or some shizznit. Look at what happened after 9-11. Not to mention the person who took advantage by sending out anthrax to create even more terror.

One wacko opens the doors for others...kinda like the Pied Piper of meatheads

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ThePieMan,

I agree once the seed is planted, it's there.

People get's the idea's then take it a step father. Think upon it. Ponder it, think how can I do this, but I'll be better. I won't get caught or I'll go down in a blazing glory.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
damn i didnt know all that..how scary, damn. i mean u never know whats going on in a persons mind usually until it is too late!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join