It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens genetically engineered humans to become more intelligent?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

Originally posted by Annee
Are humans not doing DNA manipulation with lower form beings?

Yes, and humans also build designed structures (homes, temples, bridges) and there's no evidence of any of those things before humans. Just because humans can do something doesn't mean aliens visited Earth and did those things.

The natural explanation should be our default explanation unless the evidence otherwise is clear and powerful.

Huh?

I see no logic or historical intelligence in your response.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
"1500 years ago, everyone knew that the sun revolved around the earth. 500 years ago, everyone knew the world was flat. Yesterday you knew that we were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll learn tomorrow."

There is a difference in stating what you know or think you know - - - - and making statements you can't possibly have all data of.

Scientific prove - is only as good as known science.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
My belief is that aliens came here about a million years ago and found a species already able to make and use tools. They eventually set this planet up as a protectorate to prevent less advanced species from interfering in our evolution.

Human DNA is not significantly different from our relatives and contains too many errors, along with our ancestors, to be considered designed.

I also believe that we are at a turning point and if we don't survive, this planet will have an engineered species planted on it. That species will be clearly engineered with error-checking DNA.

If we do survive, the failure of eugenics and the success or our natural selves, will deter significant genetic engineering for some time.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thanks for everyone's input. I think we have explored this topic.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
what do you think their motovation might have been for improving our brains?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeymind
what do you think their motovation might have been for improving our brains?

we were probably a lab experiment to begin with. Given the accounts of UFO sightings throughout written history, it does not seem that THEIR technology has evolved much since written recordings began. It is possible that they were working on a genetic engineering project and failed miserably. If the stories about the greys being a dying race due to cloning and genetic degradation are true, then it is possible that it has been going on for thousands of years and have yet to advance their Biotechnology far enough to fix themselves. Now that humans are experimenting with the same types of technologies, they may be starting to work with us in hopes of a Joint effort being more effective than them working alone

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Well if they are, they haven't made it to my neighborhood yet thats for sure.

My fiancee claimed to have been abducted on numerous occasions throughout his life.
The way he described it is like... they would do data dumps, giving him information directly into his brain. Sometimes he was overwhelmed by the amount of information he would receive.

He said they chose him because he was full of feelings so it was a trade off - they gave him knowledge, and they studied him because of his ability to have strong emotions.

No proof, nothing to back it up, only subjective assessments and statements to offer unfortunately.

Is it possible there are aliens and they are manipulating us?
of course.
But If they are, it's the why, I'm concerned with.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by j_kalin
Why do all cultures feel compelled to invent(or genetically remember) the concept of a creator? Perhaps we are programmed that way so we will be amenable to being directed by our overlords when needed? We wouldn't be very good servants unless we were bred to be this way. We breed dogs for certain personality traits including loyalty, obedience, calmness, ability to follow instructions, even for complex behaviors like herding sheep or retrieve things, so why couldn't a sufficiently advanced alien race do the same to us?

Given that we're doing our own thing here, it sure seems like we were the rejects!

Those properly-bred and obedient slaves are sweeping the kitchen of their ET slavemasters right now.

Humans? Galactic nasty rottweiller mutts? Remember, Friends don't let Friends genetically engineer species drunk.

LOL

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Aliens have not genetically altered us how can you even think they would.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild

Well if they are, they haven't made it to my neighborhood yet thats for sure.

My fiancee claimed to have been abducted on numerous occasions throughout his life.
The way he described it is like... they would do data dumps, giving him information directly into his brain. Sometimes he was overwhelmed by the amount of information he would receive.

He said they chose him because he was full of feelings so it was a trade off - they gave him knowledge, and they studied him because of his ability to have strong emotions.

No proof, nothing to back it up, only subjective assessments and statements to offer unfortunately.

Is it possible there are aliens and they are manipulating us?
of course.
But If they are, it's the why, I'm concerned with.

im sure your fiancee could describe them as relatively emotionless as compared to humans. perhaps that is something they wish to gain, emotion. Therefore they studied him and in return gave him knowledge. That may be WHY they are studying us, or ONE of the reasons why.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
"1500 years ago, everyone knew that the sun revolved around the earth. 500 years ago, everyone knew the world was flat. Yesterday you knew that we were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll learn tomorrow."

There is a difference in stating what you know or think you know - - - - and making statements you can't possibly have all data of.

Scientific prove - is only as good as known science.

Excellent quote Annee.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Ive been wondering if we ARE the aliens, living on a foreign planet that we colonized thousands of years ago. Is this why we look up to the stars and ask ouselves about creation and evolution. Or are aliens actually time travelling humans trying to alter history in order to save our species. Ive thought about this for years and wondered why we feel so alone and lost, curious about other worlds.. Im reading The Orion Protocol, fiction, that discusses discoveries of alien artifacts on moon and mars, and the coverup by the government of this and the existance of aliens. Its conspiracy theory, but reads like truth. Think about it. The missing link, previous advanced civs, maybe humans traveled to space before the modern era. Self realization can go alot deeper than organized religion and structured education. I think the powers at be are decieving us in many ways.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Could use a brush up on my theory. If aliens did muck with us, its where the missing link is. Why do it? Prevent us from reaching their intelligence level, for good or bad motives for us. How did they do it? Limiting our brain usage. Others ask, we would see difs in our DNA. If they are already this smart, they would make our DNA with Earth molecules and it would/does look natural to us. I'm not saying we would'nt have come about. PSP cant accept more text doing another post

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Continuing, you ask, why bother thinking about it if they are in control to a larger extent? Now would be their ideal moment in My opinion because: world pop is reaching its max (whether by laws or viruses) (slavery & militant reasons would fall under this category). Second, if they had other reasons, and were watching over, they would've stepped in since we can destroy this entire planet threatning their wants. Basically I believe original creators will no longer interfere. On PSP will continue

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If aliens were going to genetically engineer us to make us more intelligent, then should have put something in our DNA that makes intelligent people more attractive to the opposite sex. That's not happening. Most of us are still drawn to the same things we were 4 million years ago. Alpha behavior, physical strength, aggression, etc. Nerds just ain't that popular.

Also, intelligence breeds itself out of a population. Smarter women and men use birth control. Smarter couples limit the number of children they have because they see children as a drain on resources, and are less reliant on children as a source of support in their old age.

The aliens apparently didn't take that stuff into account.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Perhaps we are programmed that way so we will be amenable to being directed by our overlords when needed? We wouldn't be very good servants unless we were bred to be this way. We breed dogs for certain personality traits including loyalty, obedience, calmness, ability to follow instructions, even for complex behaviors like herding sheep or retrieve things, so why couldn't a sufficiently advanced alien race do the same to us? There is a legend of the Annunaki/Enki which I believe says that were were created as a slave race and then I guess we were abandoned by our masters and have been sort of on our own since. Does anyone know more about this?
You make a good point with the dog being bred for certain personality traits. I do entertain the theory of the Annuaki. I think it may have been very possible that we were genetically manipulated-by other beings. I believe its either one of the two: God himself or other beings. At the pace we evolved something has to give. THEIRS NO OTHER WAY AROUND IT.

Now I didn't know we have no shared DNA traits with Neanderthals(If I read what you said correctly)is that true?.. Thats weird I thought we did. That only strengthens the suspicion that we were made for Slaves and servants for higher beings, to me. Bigger brains=The possibility to out smart our overlords, and More strength = Physical superiority thus we could over power if they were fragile like 'Grey Aliens' look.

Maybe would could have been pawns for their wars as well? Look at the movie Alien Vs Preditor? They were a race of warriors. They could of created us and took ten of thousands of us back to their planet for battles, domesticated us, and even mated with us. Who knows?

ALL WE KNOW IS THAT IF OTHER WORLDLY BEINGS CREATED US FOR SINISTER PURPOSES LIKE SLAVERY THEN IT SAYS AN AWFUL A LOT ABOUT THEM, WITH ALL THIS TECHNOLOGY THEY STILL HAVE NO MORALS. WANTING TO MAKE US AS SLAVES AND SERVANTS?!..PSSSST!!

AN IF GOD CREATED US, THEN IT BEGS THE QUESTION-WHY? AND WHY NOT WRITE THE BIBLE OR THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN A BIG OL DIAMOND WALL SO IT COULD LAST FOREVER? WHY LEAVE US WITH SO MANY QUESTIONS?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I wrote down my theory it's a bit convulted at best. Please entertain it and reply about it.
Evolution is real, but the missing link was created by aliens. Humans (intelligent beings) woudl've come around at some point, though a bit later than when we fully became homo-sapiens. Aliens Bio-engineered us and were the ones who set the % of usable brain. I believe that we cannot unlock our full brain usage potential on purpose (with any made tools), but I do believe it can be done, by accidentor with usage of ET instruments. If aliens did create us, then they would keep in mind Earth's resources, and make sure we could've naturally come about. By interfering, they have put a fully functional planet to their use without our devoted knowledge, and restricted any threat to themselves. Let's look at what we and the ET's know. First of all, if the aliens are advanced enough for intergalatic travel, they arethought about all possible tools at any level we could create with our resources.
Now examine our 5-7% brain usage. This isn't put here for looks. Let's say, your thinking, well if they knew all the possiblities, then they know people (including me) would question this. Then you say, but then nothing useful comes of this theory. Wrong. Humans already ive based on a you see me I see you we are therefore real to some extent. Another thing. We could all effectively be part of an energy game of some sort. Well, we (humans) aren't being destroysed by black holes, hit by asteroids, or anything like that which would wipe us out. So for the time being, let'stry to play this game to the max, which is effectively and ultimatley our goal.
How can we beat the limitations set by the aliens? Believing in possiblilty is the first thing. The aliens set the brain % usage barrier, it can be undone. The other questio, can we do it in time? You ask, well, how come we could ultrapass a barrier if the aliens played out the possibilities? Who says the ET's aren't dead? They might've forgotten us. They could've MISCALCULATED. Advancing in Tech hasn't been exactly fast before the 1500's, in relation to intelligent civilations in the past. In the lat 500 years, tech has jumped so high, the percentage at which we evolve has sped up ludicrously.
Why would having a planet full of resources, be a positive thing to have where humans run around by the billions using them. Lots of possibilities. A few are: Slaves. Come here with a ship and load of free labor on board, and this labor is done by dumber beings. Why didn' they (ET) make their own? Simple, tey didn't have the resources or the time.
I'm not saying their evil, hell, mabe the barrier was meant to help us.
Why do I use the brain barrier asmy example? It's one that DOES completely stand out from othe creatures. Plenty of creatures have tiny brains, we habe an enormous brain, yet we barely use it. Now you ask, why wouldn't they just give us smaller brains, or, brains which would truly limit our thinking capacity. Well, to be following evoluion (to make ourselves look real), they stick to what would eventually happen.
Why do I think now we can break the barrier and ultrapass the played out possiblilties? Since his whole theory is about them creating us, look where we are now. We are at a paradox point. We can blow ourselves up (this would make them interefere, as it would ultimately ruin their plans, or maybe they wanted this). Effectively, I think if they will ever interact with us (original creator race), it'll be within 50-100 years. Why? We've reached or gotten close to what we (humans) want to allow as a max world population. Also, we are and have been close to possibly destroying ourselves (which would require they're involvement to stop it).

Side thing: We can't see any dif in our DNA, because they used Earths molecules and to us our DNA is normal, as in, the simple things could be strange about it but we can't see. Respond guys!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Hey just posting to see if some anonymous and users will respond to thread. Trying to Re-activate this thread as of 11/25/08. Do not! be lazy, just make an account you know you want to discuss this. Anyway. Sorry about how convulted the last post was, will try to clear it up this weekend, as in reality I need nearwards of 2 or 3 posts.

sty

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I do not believe we were engineered to be more intelligent. No sign for this haha.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Besides, if aliens have manipulated us to be smarter, I think they would have done a better job.

Sort of like God and "Intelligent Design." Even I could come up with a better design for people than God supposedly did. Pretty sloppy work, all around.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by SuicideVirus]

Would you design something so good, one day, it's going to outsmart you, even drive you out of your place??

We are designed good, but not good enough to pose a threat. It's a mark of a cunning inventor, you don't always do things to your heart's desire, pushing way way above the limits as who knows, they could be used against you. The wise can restrain himself and it will be for his own good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join