It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have aliens genetically engineered humans to become more intelligent?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:41 AM
link   
got me thinkin there.
maybe the aliens found us and our hospitable planet before we were conscious of ourselves. in order to create an enslaved useful race of loyal humans the invaders genetically modified us to be more independant so to achieve a self service able machine for labour and war.
being the cunning slippery race we are we over ran the evil captors (ie. alien egyptians from mars) and turn them to monkeys with our godly magics.
now we don't know what to do with ourselves other than make our time here as comfortable as possible by developing technologies and getting fat.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Whether this be from DNA or from evolution is a mystery to me. However I DO believe some of us have been taken and modified either for better or worse and the results are then examined. But that is just personal opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
I think this topic has been well probed by professionals, with far greater depth of knowledge and insight than anybody is going to be find here. It would be best to read their work.

mbk could you give some sources?
Thanks for your contribution

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by j_kalin
I would appreciate your thoughts on this, information of legends or oral historys of such manipulation by aliens, etc.

This is a god-of-the-gaps argument. Goes like this: "I can't imagine how X could have happened given the imperfect knowledge we have of what happened back then, so it must have been that [insert favorite thing I believe in] must have been involved."

And in the [] symbols you can add God, gods, angels, aliens, morphic fields, or whatever.'

Science does better than this by filling in what it can and leaving the gaps for further study. So we don't know what the triggers were for rapid brain changes in our evolution. It is better to say, "I don't know, but let's see what further study with *scientific* methods brings" than to attribute it to your favorite belief system.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata
Science does better than this by filling in what it can and leaving the gaps for further study. So we don't know what the triggers were for rapid brain changes in our evolution. It is better to say, "I don't know, but let's see what further study with *scientific* methods brings" than to attribute it to your favorite belief system.

And how interesting it would be if the scientific trail leads us to something otherworldly.

I'd certainly be curious.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yes, it is frustrating to have a little knowledge...enough to see the gaps as it were. It is human nature to invent solutions for all those little gaps, and we continue to do so. That is how science also works: we find a gap, make a hypothesis and test it. Sometimes we prove our hypothesis and fill the gap. But you're right, we don't know why man developed a brain he didn't need, nor why he decided to rearrange his entire body plan and walk upright when he didn't need to...i await the analysis of the human genome. Now that it has been decoded, we have to try and understand what it says.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I see this scenario as the obvious explaination for both evolution & creation theory. Just suppose for a moment a group of advanced life forms visited Earth at the time when mammals had evolved to the primate level. I will approach this theory from the Christian perspective as that is what I am familiar with & I by no means, intend any racial or prejudicial overtones.The theory is the same the world over even though individual variations created their own religions & beliefs of their origin. Local species, ie. Gorilla, Chimp, Orangatan, Japanese monkies and others were sampled & their intelligence & physiology genetically placed on the fast track via hybridization with the visiting species (ie. "let us make them in our own image". The subject species would account for racial differences we see today, African Negro-Gorilla, Chimpanzee, White Caucasoid-Orangatan, Probiscus monkey, Oriental, Japanese Monkey. They would have most likely been placed in a quarantine area (Garden of Eden) & other "gardens" mentioned in the world's religions. After a few generations, such as Adam & Eve, to Enoch, Rules would have been laid out to insure survival of the experiment. When unexpected results were realized, (unrulely, murderous, agressive populations), individuals that did not display those traits, (Noah's Family) would have been saved for selective breeding and the rest exterminated. (flood & other catastrophic events). Resulting populations would have a more specific law handed down from "God", Ten Commandments, Koran, Tribal beliefs, American Indian Lore, Confusious, Ancient Japanese Beliefs, Mayan, Aztec, and all the others. The visitors, now that humanity had language & were basically identical to us, with the acception of physical stature, were left with the instruction, "be fruitful & multiply, obey our laws & we will return sometime in the future to take the faithful unto us, destroy the rest & let those chosen inherit the Earth". The only group that does not fit in this scenario is the Ancient Egyptians and their ancestors. This raises the obvious question as to whether they were part of the original visiting species. Just my opinion, I could be wrong, but I see a lot of evidence to support this basic theory of mine.......

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Aquatic Ape Theory!

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My .02

I believe that there may be very advanced ET civilizations that actually travel about the galaxy(s), terraforming planets to make them suitable to support life, "seeding" those planets with species in a very "Noah's Ark" type way, and periodically stopping by to perform these sort of genetic upgrades on selected species.

These ETs are so advanced that they are often mistaken for Angels or Gods, but they are not to be confused with THE Creator, the One God.

Just my belief, no proof really, except for the whole "Annunaki" mythology.....

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizzu
I see this scenario as the obvious explaination for both evolution & creation theory. Just suppose for a moment a group of advanced life forms visited Earth at the time when mammals had evolved to the primate level.

Why? Why is it the obvious solution? Did you go to college, study a bunch of biology (and genetics and evolution, more specifically) and come to the inescapable conclusion that aliens are involved?

No? I see - it's obvious to you because you happen to be interested in aliens. You have alien-colored glasses on and every time you look at the world, history, science, current events, you see aliens behind stuff and out of the corner of your eyes. And yes, I have a fair amount of college biology in my past (it was my minor and almost a double major) or I wouldn't be calling you out on it.

I am chock FULL of hope that there are aliens. But I don't let that hope cloud my vision.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My previous post outlines my beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their own. To answer the college question,yes, 22 yrs total formal education with heavy emphasis in Biological Sciences, Human Physiology & Aerospace Engineering. My beliefs as stated, however, are due to 50+ years of life spent forming my own opinions. As far as "Alien Glasses", I have none. I have never seen a UFO & do not put much stock in groups with UFOs & Aliens as their primary focus. I do believe however, that the size & sheer number of stars in the universe statistically demand the existence of other lifeforms.

Where there is doubt, there is room for interpretation.......

[edit on 21-4-2007 by mizzu]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
re: shortened age of humans:

well, methuselah and his descendents, if you want to take the bible literally, lived nearly 1000 years. Could that be a memory with a grain of truth in it? However, to my knowledge no fossils have been discovered from the period of man's emergence that would indicate such an extreme lifespan. I think the oldest age of neanderthals, homo erectus, and homo sapiens has been about 40, and evcen then showed severe wear and tear.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by j_kalin]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well Mizzu,
you got one of my WATS votes for that amzingly creative post! I never considered that various monkeys could have been converted into humans! Sounds like the Planet of the Apes movies.

But, instead of starting with monkeys, how about arriving on Earth 2 million years ago and starting with austrolipithicus to make homo erectus (sort of the model T human), neanderthal (the Hummer) who was actually smarter than we are based on brain size and MUCH stronger trhough he may not have had true speech, and when those two didn't work out, Homo Sapiens(sort of the Ford Explorer--rugged enough, smart enough, and easy to construct). Ever wonder why the neanderthals just disappeared? They were not bred into us; that has been proven with mitochondrial DNA studies. They were superior to us physically, though experts try to explain it as if our better cooperation enabled us to outcompete them. I find this hard to buy; this is a big planet with plenty of food resources, plenty for all the various breeds of humans. Maybe whoever designed us just got rid of the older versions when they were done with their experiments and left us all alone about 50,000 years ago. Perhaps that is the source of our racial memories of creation, gardens of eden, giants(neanderthals), dwarves (homo erectus), god/angel(the aliens), etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
we mustn't underestimate ourselves. many great people have theorized their ideas before setting out to prove themselves right. yes many have failed and comparitively few have succeeded.

a theory being thrown out there is the best way of uncovering the unknown. once suitable theories arise they can be eliminated through further investigation. i'm sure this is how many things have come to be known.

if we are smart enough to see these gaps which science cannot explain we are clearly smart enough to fill them.
they do the same thing with crime scene investigation.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizzu
I do believe however, that the size & sheer number of stars in the universe statistically demand the existence of other lifeforms.

I *agree* with you, actually. Aliens are probably out there somewhere. But the intuition folks get that aliens must've had some hand in our evolution reminds me of the intuition folks get that quantum mechanics must be involved in consciousness. QM is weird and amazing and poorly understood. Consciousness is weird and amazing and poorly understood. Therefore, one of those things causes the other (or they're in cahoots). It's a poor way of thinking. It's magical thinking, basically.

I'm frustrated that the aliens explanation gets trotted out for everything. It's like when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like nails.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
re: sophis

I'm frustrated that the aliens explanation gets trotted out for everything. It's like when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like nails.

I understand the molecular biology of evolution and accept it; however that is only the "how" part of the concept of the human emergence. I am curious, though it is probably too much to hope for, to learn the "why". Which barring a time machine or a video from the ETs, we may never know. Nonetheless, it's fun to theorize and hear some very interesting viewpoints. Any molecular biologists out there in ATS land who can enlighten me on whether there are any smoking guns in our genetic code?

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'll check back in the morning *yawn!*:

Natural radioactivity and human mitochondrial DNA mutations
www.pnas.org/cgi/reprint/202400499v1.pdf

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a great website for info on the paleoanthropolgy and paleobiology of humans and their ancestors:

www.massey.ac.nz...

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Are humans not doing DNA manipulation with lower form beings?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Are humans not doing DNA manipulation with lower form beings?

Yes, and humans also build designed structures (homes, temples, bridges) and there's no evidence of any of those things before humans. Just because humans can do something doesn't mean aliens visited Earth and did those things.

The natural explanation should be our default explanation unless the evidence otherwise is clear and powerful.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join