It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns don't kill?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Interesting points,
but points that I have previously addressed.

Check out the link, these are purely monetary figures

www.bradycampaign.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Lets look back into history for a moment...

There was murder, rape, robbery, and all of the other horrible things people like to do to each other, but something was different...

It was the rule of the sword, the meek were at the mercy of the strong, and women had no way of protecting themselves against a much stronger man who wanted to take advantage of them in some dark alley.

now lets fast forward to the present.

There is murder, rape, robbery, and all of the other horrible things people like to do to each other, but something is different...

Its the rule of the gun, the meek no longer have to fear the strong, and women can easily protect themselves against men who want to take advantage of them in dark alleys.

What happened at V.Tech. was a tragedy, but lets face it, things happen. I am not quite as eager as some of the people on this site to give up my rights to protection just because some screw-up decided he wanted to kill some people. What if he had planted a bomb made of fertilizer and killed over half of the students living at the dorms, would you be running around trying to get gardening banned? Blame the man, not the tool.

(and just so you know, you cannot trust ANYTHING you read on the Brady campaign site. I know, I'm pro-gun and therefore biased, but seriously, get your facts from ANYWHERE else and you will know what I'm talking about.)

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Nicotine1982]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
With all due respect, I disagree with your view of The Brady Campaign.

Having done quite extensive research into this, I have posted the Brady link simply because it provides the statistics in a more usable format.
I know that they have a bias, but the statistics (which is all I'm really interested in) are true figures, easily substantiated.
I have not looked deeply at the political side, although I am aware of the 2 sides opposing each other in the main political arena.

On the subject of bias, the NRA has repeatedly reported false and skewed findings, weighed heavily with propaganda - you only have to look at the true gun crime stats for England/Wales and Australia to see this.

It's been stated many times that gun crime has risen in these places, but this is not the case. I have stats, but I'm saving them for (hopefully) an upcoming debate.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join