It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Create an account if you won't post?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenjewel
I don't reply much because of the "no one line reply" rule. I often want to congratulate someone for an original post or tell them that I totally agree but I don't for fear of a smack down.

You can afford 11 each 'one line posts'...get slapped for 10 points a clip,

the idea is that zenjewel will totally recoup those setbacks with 'stars' or just a one point award per response at a time... which can snowball if your zen-enough

yo, is that Lake Powell?
or a far distant place?
(in the avatar image)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Because some people join here and realize this is no different than any other conspiracy site...children running rampant with oddball ideas.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
When I look at the statistics for the site I see that the situation is this:

Total member accounts: 105,001
Members who have posted: 52,648
Percentage of members who have posted: 50 %

So the question is, why have 50,000 people created accounts but not ever posted? And surely that takes up a considerable amount of space on the server, and increases the server strain?

Saw this under My ATS and thought I'd comment.

I've lurked here for a long while before creating an account.
The major problem is that while there is an effort to maintain free speech and open debate amongst members, flaming and slamming other people's opinions are a little too prevalent.

As soon as someone posts something there is at least one other member who tells them they are stupid, ignorant or something similar. And usually that person is met by another who says the same about them.

It makes it too personal for some people to deal with and I can understand reluctance to post anything.

I like to ask questions so I've opted to make an account so I can do just that. Ask for members opinions and let them answer. Throw out hypothetical situations and note the response. Plus with an account I can follow threads easier.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
True, It looks different when u subscribe and u can add some posts to ur favs and then there is less ads so its a pretty good idea to subscribe i think even if mostly of the time i lurk around to find some crazy news or interesting science facts...

If i want to ask a question i prefer going to google first and mostly of the time i find the answer.

im still new to this kind of forum so im taking my time before posting a new tread or just reply on every subject.

cyall

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by apex

I'll be honest, when I first registered, I did so with intention to post. I had another ID then... lost the password and no longer had the email address so I got a new one. Anyway, I was scared to post because so many people are absolutely ripped to shreds on these boards.

Now, I haven't read through this thread, so other people may have given the same reason for not posting. Forgive me if I'm not adding something new to the thread. I'm braver now and don't mind giving my opinion, most of the time. But I really do think that many people don't post simply because a few people here can be very harsh. Yeah, yeah, that's life, but I can understand why these people would avoid posting, in fear of the criticism. Most topics posted on ATS are debatable and that's good, but it's the people who never post unless they have something negative to say to a person that keep many potential posters away, I think.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I mostly signed up just for the added benefits members recieve, and also to reply from time to time. I have not even reached my 20 post mark yet. Sometimes other members have already posted similar thoughts as mine,or threads turn into mud slinging and I feel what I post would be a waste. Also have not mastered all of the features of ATS. This is a great site! First discovered by searching info on black aircraft,lurked for a while, then signed up. Keep up the good work and please tolerate mine and other members reluctace to post as often as others.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would not worry too much about the mud slinging although that term does bring into mind female mud wrestling, (my weird sense of humor), in any case, there are many moderators online and other members who tend to put things back on track or simply defend another poster from trolls or simply from abusive posters.

Then again you always have the "alert" button were moderators are notified if any abusive posts are directed to you which do not fit the general Terms and Conditions.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Thanks for your advise Tristar. By the way I like your avitar! I'm sure you have seen the way some threads have degenerated during your time on ATS, so you know what I mean. It's not that i'm afraid to get into the mud(there goes your sense of humor again:lol)it's just that self control gets the better of me. Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've seen that on many boards, that's why it's good to clean up the database every so often so people that actually will post can get good names.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Simply be yourself, post your thoughts, ideas, views and leave the rest to chance. You will be surprised at the input you will receive. But then again, we do live in a imperfect world, so anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by apex

I've been a member since May, just been lurking and reading. Love this place, very educational, different people, different thoughts, very unique.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join