It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimps more 'evolved' than humans....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin
We can measure who's most 'evolved' in numerous ways. The authors of this paper used one method, a fairly good one I think, seeing evolution is about descent with modification. Chimps have had the greater extent of modification as measured by beneficial genetic changes. Whereas we have had fewer, but have had more effective changes.

I agree with all of that except the part I highlighted. Chimps are 'more evolved' because their environment demands adaptability. We are 'less evolved' because unlike chimps we do not adapt to our environments, we force ourselves onto it. We remove anything that could be a catalyst to evolution and so we don't evolve. So its not a case of our changes being more effective, rather they are not needed.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Chimps are the only other species that has been observed participating in murder. Oh .. and chimps have prostitution too. female chimps will even barter over the price of sexual relations.

Can I add to that they are the only other species that actively make war on others of their own race? Families of chimps will use pretty advanced strategies while in conflict with another family. They use guerilla tactics (no pun intended), ambushes, rushes etc.
We're pretty similar.

Originally posted by plumranch
Hi Thousand,
So when do your sources date the start of the mitochondrial and chromosomal DNA? What are your sources? How can one explain the difference of 80,000 years? If they weren' alive 200,000 years ago, when were they alive?

What Thousand is saying is that 'Adam and Eve' (for lack of a better term) are the earliest known human progenitors. By 'earliest known' I mean there were other before them, but Adam and Eve were the ones we know about that are closest to the beginning.
Humanity didn't just 'appear', it evolved. Admittedly we evolved rather rapidly, but it was alongside Neanderthal Man. We went one way and they went another. Our change was beneficial and proved to be a lot more effective than Neanderthals and the early humans wiped them out (it was built into us way back then).

new topics

<< 1   >>

join