It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Going On? Threatening Note Closes Texas University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Threatening Note Prompts Closure Of St. Edward's

April 17, 2007 10:44 AM CDT

Threatening Note Prompts Closure Of St. Edward's

Authorities evacuated the buildings on the Saint Edward's University campus in Austin Tuesday morning. A school official says that's after a threatening note was found in a restroom.

Saint Edward's spokeswoman Mischelle Amador says Austin police are on campus searching the buildings. She says she doesn't have more information about the contents of the note.

She says Saint Edward's students and staff who already were on campus were asked to gather around the soccer field, away from the buildings. Everyone else was asked to stay off campus until 5 p.m.
What?

What is going on with all of the threat against our universities? It seems like ewe are re-entering an era like the 1960s when for all intensive purposes there is nothing but anarchy.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I've started to develop a possible theory. Following the revelation that the killer at VT was an immigrant, I have begun to wonder if something larger might be at play. Could a massive terror attack on our schools occurr within a week, perhaps on the columbine anniversary this friday?

After talking to a police officer recently he said that al quada will likely go after our schools next. They are easy targets, and they have maximum impact. Could the VT thing and then this bomb threat be testing the waters per say, in preperation for something larger? Perhaps they are using these events to see how police will react at other schools following the VT shooting. This is pure speculation of course.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Vipassana, I wouldn't be surprised if what you suggest is true. We have known for quite some time that Al Queda likes to do "dry runs." Now, I seriously doubt that the Korean National that did the VT shootings was affiliated with Al Queda but it does seem a little ironic that all of a sudden several of our universities are getting threats.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yes, of course what I stated is baseless speculation. But I have heard reports in the past of al-quada trying to recruit oriental looking peoples. This could be nothing but a crazy kid just going on a rampage, but I know that walking around my campus (CU Boulder) in the coming weeks I'll be looking out for suspicious activity.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
mod edit: removed entire quote of previous post

Given the currect world situation, I'd say that is a good idea. It's amazing to me how unprepared that not only the universities, but America in general is to these sorts of things. I don't mean only in regards to terrorism either. Look at what happened during Katrina, we didn't know which end of our ass was up or down. Crazy.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
seeing as how high school is almost out and the seniors are looking at colleges, and if you follow the "Master plan Thoery" then this is how you would keep as many kids away from wanting a college education. I wonder how much home schooling went up after columbine?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
mod edit: removed entire quote of previous post

I never thought of that but you have a point. When we look at the fact that the government is trying to phase out the middle class, your suggestion makes sense.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
was i saw an interview with an emt on site in W Virginia yesterday and she was asked or the interviewer says, "you dont have this kind of mass gunshot training do you?
she says "well actually we just had training in mass shooting last year" she didnt specify what part of last year.

reminds me of the pentagon scenario training with airplane flying into the pentagon!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
One of the strangest things to me about the whole episode yesterday is that everyone seemed so calm. I heard an audio recording of a young lady played on the radio describing the whole incident of having to hide and play dead and she talked about it as if it were an everyday occurrence. What the hell? I just don't see how a person can be so blaze about such a terrible experience.

Although, I must say that we react differently to things than we think we will. I watched both my father and my mother take their last breaths and I certainly didn't react in the manner that I figured I would. I am not saying that I wasn't affected because I certainly was, but it was just different for me than I had previously thought it would be.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OR, it could be just a student didn't want to go to class and decided that the easiest way to not have class was to threaten the school to get it shut down. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
In my opinion, these threatning notes are just some kids messing around with the schools, trying to see if they could make the newspaper.

new topics

top topics

join