It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goole Maps Anomaly – Star Burst – What is This???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
umm it looks pretty obviously CGI/DRAWN IN /PHOTOSHOPPED or something. i don't think it's anything to trip on.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
umm it looks pretty obviously CGI/DRAWN IN /PHOTOSHOPPED or something. i don't think it's anything to trip on.

Not photoshopped or manipulation here, its a LENS FLARE!

I posted other lens flare examples, did you see my post?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This looks like a lense flare situation something reflected sunlight back to the lense .Maybe someone ,moving a mirror or just a skylight on a roof. check this out here...

bbs.keyhole.com...

[edit on 17-4-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
When you click on the "Maps" tab at the GoogleEarth link you can the
street names. I don't know what the names mean but they're very
long. Could you imagine giving out your address to someone over the
telephone? I bet there's lots of undeliverable/returned mail from that
section of town. Perhaps its a Swedish scientific community and there's
an experiment being conducted at that moment.

Dutch names are long and the word Street, Avenue, Lane, Alley, Plaza, Square or whatever, are added to the name to make one word.

Overweerspolderdijk = Concerning weer polder Dike ( I was unable to get a better translation) basically there is a road that is connected to the existence of the canal that runs along it.

Polder =
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A polder is a low-lying tract of land that forms an artificial hydrological entity, enclosed by embankments known as dikes. The best-known examples are those polders that constitute areas of land reclaimed from a body of water, such as a lake or the sea, and are consequently below the surrounding water level. This requires drainage by pumps to prevent the water table within the polder from rising too high. Some can be drained by opening sluices at low tide.
Polders are most commonly found, though not exclusively so, in riverdeltas, former fenlands and coastal areas. The Netherlands is frequently associated with polders: 'God created the world except for the netherlands. The Dutch took it from the sea’. The Dutch have a long history of reclamation of marshes and fenland, not only within their country but also abroad. About half of all polderland within northwest Europa is located within the Netherlands. The first embankments in Europe were constructed in Roman times. The first polders were constructed in the 11th century. This also leads to the expression used to describe Dutch decision making - the Polder Model
Dijk = Dike. (Not a lesbian). a long wall built to keep out the sea or enclose land or generally to enclose or separate land
Schipperslaan = Captain Alley
Molenplantsoen = MillPlant (Molen = Mill) (plant = plant) (soen = ?)

Whereplantsoen = ?
These names are not considered long and are easily spoken by those who speak Dutch. There are lots of long word in the Dutch/German/Belgian/Flemish languages.
I agree you would have problems with the names as one who speaks English, I do, and I can speak a smattering of French, German, Dutch and Afrikaans.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm qualified so I'll support what others have said. It would be stranger if there were no lense flares. Water is a good guess. Water pools on flat roofs after a storm. If the roof is dark colored or black, as they often are, you have a perfect mirror. Skylights might be another cause as well as sheet metal ducts. Anything reflective at the correct angle. I've had lots of photos ruined by Lens Flares from car mirrors or windows.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Not photoshopped or manipulation here, its a LENS FLARE!

oops no i didn't see your post..sorry. but i knew there was a "logical" explanation for this haha thanks!

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
oops no i didn't see your post..sorry. but i knew there was a "logical" explanation for this haha thanks!

Yea there are a lot of strange artifacts like these and others that get a lot of attention from google earther users. These are naturall anomalies occurring, there are however true censored images on google earth. Blacked-out, blurred or in fact photoshopped areas as well.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   
who does the photoshopping on google earth? i wonder what they block out and why...?i mean do they think we won't notice??

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
This looks like a lense flare situation something reflected sunlight back to the lense .Maybe someone ,moving a mirror or just a skylight on a roof. check this out here...

bbs.keyhole.com...

Not only does this look like lens flare, it is in fact a type of lens flare that is unique to the company that produced these images.

Having done a little research on this company Aerodata Int. Surveys I came across their website…

Aerodata International Surveys

And found this piece of evidence…

As you can see there are different apertures for different frequencies, this would produce the coloured dotting seen on the zoom out image. It also explains why the dots were in the exact same configuration on both images shown earlier.

Here is an image of the camera array equipment in front of the plane used to take these images.

Further research led me to Aerodata Dutch office… Aerodata locations

Digging a little deeper into Aerodatas location on Google maps lead me to their Dutch office....

Guess what you can see???

BINGO!!!!

Originally posted by Neon Haze
For this effect to be a chance lens flare it would have had to have been an exceptionally well timed reflection, not to mention accurate to reflect light back into the very small aperture of an aerial cam...

So to answer my own question publicly and to conclude this investigation…

This effect is lens flare that was created by design by the company Aerodata International Surveys that produced the images…

Google earth then purchased the use of these images to place within the Google earth/maps project. Google actually could well have even commissioned the images in the first place.

So this type of lens flare is a unique trade mark of Aerodata International Surveys.

Case Closed…

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Man I love it when Neon gets motivated!!
He always comes up with the most interesting and relevant facts. Nice work there buddy. I think you hit the nail on the head.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
But what is the dark thing in the center of the lens flare? What caused that?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay

Most likel an artifact from the CCD being overexposed to a very bright light (the lens flare reflection). Think of how the human eye reacts after one looks into the sun briefly, do you see spots, image shadows and copies of previous images?

Same thing happens to a ccd chip when exposed to too bright a source. Different effects occur with different chips and configurations.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

Most likel an artifact from the CCD being overexposed to a very bright light (the lens flare reflection). Think of how the human eye reacts after one looks into the sun briefly, do you see spots, image shadows and copies of previous images?

Same thing happens to a ccd chip when exposed to too bright a source. Different effects occur with different chips and configurations.

Good possibility. It would happen sometimes and not all the time which is why some of those photos of bright reflections don't have that dark thing in the center. To me it looks as though someone photographed a bright light source or reflection then superimposed that dark object in the center to make it appear as though it caused the light beams around it. Honestly, I am probably one of the LAST people who would ever designate any photo object as CGI, but this is the most CGI looking image I have seen yet. I just doesn't appear to be part of the rest of the photo, including the light surrounding it.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Good possibility. It would happen sometimes and not all the time which is why some of those photos of bright reflections don't have that dark thing in the center.

Greatlakes Is correct. This is a kind of high exposure burnout on digi cams. The effect ussually creates a black spot at or close to the centre of the luminos object your attempting to photograph.

Take a look at this as an example.

It does depend on the exposure and type of Camera used. Though by my own admission, I’m not a photographer… Though I must have taken a million images over the years of my daughter and family

To me it looks as though someone photographed a bright light source or reflection then superimposed that dark object in the center to make it appear as though it caused the light beams around it. Honestly, I am probably one of the LAST people who would ever designate any photo object as CGI, but this is the most CGI looking image I have seen yet. I just doesn't appear to be part of the rest of the photo, including the light surrounding it.

Actually you could be right. And all those that say Photoshop could be right too…

The reason I think this is if these images were made by design, and the process of creating these starbursts created a black spot in the midle of the burst, then perhaps that would make the image a little unsightly, and maybe unacceptable to google at lower zoom levels.

Perhaps Aerodata Int. scanned the area twice. The first time to get the starburst effect by reflection and then a second time without the reflection.

Then…

Using Photoshop they cut out the area of the starburst that had burned-out and pasted the image of what actually is at that location.

The results would mean that at a higher zoom you would see the starburst but at lower magnification you wouldn’t notice it.

I maybe completely wrong on this, but it’s seems like an obvious assumption based on the fact that this phenomena is produced by design.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Whereplantsoen = ?
These names are not considered long and are easily spoken by those who speak Dutch. There are lots of long word in the Dutch/German/Belgian/Flemish languages.
I agree you would have problems with the names as one who speaks English, I do, and I can speak a smattering of French, German, Dutch and Afrikaans.

Hi,

plantsoen is one word.

It is like garden or park, so you were close! It has something to do with plants ;D But we Dutch mostly call a small garden in front of the front door a plantsoen...

greetings,

Dr.ok

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join