It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan deaths 'war crimes'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:56 AM
link   

KABUL -- The Taliban and other militant groups are committing war crimes by targeting Afghan civilians, killing nearly 700 last year, according to a report issued yesterday by Human Rights Watch.

In the latest suicide attack, a bomber ran onto a police training field in the relatively stable northern city of Kunduz and blew himself up, killing 10 people and wounding 32.

calsun.canoe.ca...

The insurgents are going INSANE! Theyre killing theyre OWN people! Even more so then military personel. Is this just bad luck or is there a reason behind the "bad guys" killing their own???

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
When you say "their own people," you think in terms of race, or just religion in a broad perspective.

When they attack someone like this, the attackers are not considering the targets as "their own people."

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I don't understand it at all, they want coalition forces out of their country, which is fair enough, anyone would want a foreign oppressor to leave. But what baffles me is why they kill their own people.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AbuMusaab
When you say "their own people," you think in terms of race, or just religion in a broad perspective.

When they attack someone like this, the attackers are not considering the targets as "their own people."

In terms of race... it reminds me of russia's bloody sunday.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Alright then, you are saying "their own people" in terms of race.

In Islam, race is meaningless. Therefore, these people are attacking the enemy, in their eyes. People who they believe to be helping out the enemy become the enemy. Race is not considered at all.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Alright then, you are saying "their own people" in terms of race.

In Islam, race is meaningless. Therefore, these people are attacking the enemy, in their eyes. People who they believe to be helping out the enemy become the enemy. Race is not considered at all.

thats so confusing, what makes a man so insane to kill a man of his same country?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by misterfantastic
thats so confusing, what makes a man so insane to kill a man of his same country?

I'm glad you asked that. Nationalism is another evil. In Islam, countries are meaningless as well. Besides that, the countries that you see in the middle east are artificial anyway. They are a result of the British and French carving them up after World War I.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Remember these nations have been in a perpetual state of war ever since the crusades ended. Its a history of war and hate, nothing new. Only difference is now its seeing light. Saddam kept them the Iraqis in line so they would not fight as much, he understood the conflict. The USA DOES but wants it to broil then explode. This gives them "justification" for further "intervention." I would like to quote what a woman once said:
"They (Middle Eastern people) have been fighting since before Jesus was born, and they will KEEP fighting untill he comes back!"

Age old conflict, nothing new. This is a triangle war:
Occupiers

Side 1 Side 2

Just fill in side 1 side 2 with whatever 2 groups are fighting. Then remember they have been that way for over 500 years and a 3rd side got added recently.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
These guys have been killing their fellow countrymen way before we ever got there. Afghanistan is one place i will agree that we were right to attack. If we didn't waste our time, money and effort in Iraq , we would have accomplished our goal maybe years ago. We cut back in Afghanistan when we should have been cutting back in Iraq and never cleaned things up.The Mullah escaping did not help matters much. The whole Iraq/Afghanistan has been poorly handled and badly administered. These guys for sure had not only Alqueda ties they had the training grounds as well. Iraq was an illusion turned to reality. Where there was only one training ground, there is now 2 places for them to train and apply their tactics.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
I don't understand it at all, they want coalition forces out of their country, which is fair enough, anyone would want a foreign oppressor to leave. But what baffles me is why they kill their own people.

Don't forget; The United States had a civil war where brother killed brother. Not quite the same as a religious war, but close.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There have been religious wars on American soil before as well. During the early days before the actual USA was founded.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

There have been religious wars on American soil before as well. During the early days before the actual USA was founded.

I dunno about a war but I would definitely view the Salem Witch-hunts as a kind of religious WOT , the only difference being they were killing druids and other types of non-christians that were also citizens of the same country. They also looked down upon the Native American Indians as being less then human because they had different beliefs. I guess in a way you are right.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Its the same ideals as Iraq.

Afghan and Iraq are considered Occupied nations.
The police, the soliders are merely servants to the occupiers.

The red blooded Afghans, who fought the Russians, and whom fought with the Taliban, see anyone who collaborates with the current occupiers, police, soliders as traitors.

So they kill them.

Fundly enough right this minute im watching a new dvd i purcahsed
'' Alqaeda ''

$40AU wat a jipp.....

But it details a clsoe family friend of Osama who worked for the CIA in Afghan during 03/04

And everyone interviewed all agree, that if you are a policeman, solider or anyone collaborating with the occupying party, then you are a target. And should we die, killing you, then we will be a martyr and welcome in heaven.

Iraq & Afghanistans violence is never going to end.
All we have done,is create 2 more israel's.

new topics

top topics

join