It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will NASCAR's Dale Jr. leave DEI, a team that his dad created. What team will he move to?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If Dale Jr. becomes the majority owner over DEI, would he remove his mother from team owner and move her to the business part of things? I think that she is a bad team owner, but a good business woman. Would Dale Jr. give control to his siblings? We don't know at this moment, but if you have some insight, let me know.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
To be honest with ya, I don't believe that Junior will remove his mother from DEI completely but from a part ownership. As a team owner, I'm sorry to say this, but she doesn't know how to run a team. She may stay put as the head of the business part. I do believe that Junior may let his siblings run DEI alongside him. We don't know anything at this moment, but if something breaks, I'll report it.

[edit on 26-4-2007 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I completely agree with you. I was trying to say that, but I was trying to be nice. Terissa is a horrible team owner, but a great business woman.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This Just In!

Updated: May 9, 2007, 10:51 PM ET
Speculation swirls around Earnhardt Jr. announcementBy Terry Blount and David Newton
ESPN.com

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is expected to announce Thursday morning that he will leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. after this season and possibly form his own Nextel Cup team, sources told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.

Earnhardt will discuss his future during a news conference Thursday at JR Motorsports, the Mooresville, N.C., racing shop that houses the Busch Series team Earnhardt owns.

Sources close to the situation said Wednesday night that Earnhardt may start a new two-car Nextel Cup team next season at JR Motorsports. Martin Truex Jr. would drive one car and Earnhardt could drive the other, but Earnhardt might keep his options open and go to another team.

www.espn.com

It appears that Junebug has scheduled a news conference for 11 AM Eastern Time today. He is expected to announce his future with DEI. Conference will be held at JR Motorsports in Mooresville, North Carolina.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by gimmefootball400]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
DEI is looking to buy Robert Yates Racing. They are trying to follow in the foot steps of Roush Fenway Racing. Ray Evernham is look for investors also. Is this a trend in NASCAR to get extra money for the COT R&D?

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This just in, Dale Earnhardt Jr has announced that this will be his last year with DEI. He will not race with DEI in the 2008 season. This leaves us with another question, what team will he move to? I think that he will go to RCR. Richard Childress has already offered Dale a contract to drive the number 3 car for him. I hope that he takes up his offer now.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ok. Jr leaving DEI is not blasphemy. He and Teresa have never gotten along. Dale Sr and Teresa both started DEI together. Dale Sr was only in the Cup series for two years when they got married. Sure Sr wanted Jr and the rest of the kids to have the company, eventually, but he died a lot earlier than he anticpated. You cannot blame Teresa for her decision, albeit a poor one. She doesn't care about Jr, she only cares about keeping the Dale Sr legend alive. You can't drive for somebody like that. If you're a driver, you need to have your team owner at the track supporting you 100% like his father did. Those hugs at the end of the race are an important emotional boost. I think it's best that he leave. He, like any other driver, needs to have an owner that respects you enough to be there for you. That relationship was not there. His father would've supported the move if he couldn't offer Jr a competative ride. And as for you folks that think Jr had everything handed to him...you couldn't be more wrong. That's ignorance. Sure being an Earnhardt got him alot more than others. Picture your family. I guess it'd be wrong of them to help you out? Give me a break. I'm 38 and successfully self employed and never asked for anybody's help. My dad still, to this day, will do everything in his power to help me grow to be even more successful. It's what families do.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AegisFang
I knew this question would come up someday, and my answer is going to really tick some people off, but i'm gonna give it anyway.

I hope he does leave DEI, and then nobody gives him a ride. If his last name wasn't Earnhardt, no team would give him a seat. He's a no talent driver who inherited all his fans because of his last name.

Ignorantly put. (No I'm not ticked, it's your opinion.) His brother Kerry is the one without the talent. Do you share these same thoughts about Casey Mears? Jr was doing quite well until teresa mixed up the teams, and then it all went to hell in a hand basket. But I guess we'll just have to see what the future holds. (Personally, I hope he doesn't make me eat my words.) Even if you don't think he's any good , you have to admit that he's a great sportsman.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Within the next 10 days, Dale Jr. is expected to make his desision on which team he will be moving to next year. Let's put money on it.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Dale Jr. has made his desision on his 2008 team choice. He has decided to go with... Michael Waltrip Racing!!!

I'm joking, He went with Rick Hendrick.

He's replacing Kyle Busch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join