It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phones May Be To Blame For Disappearing Bees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Cell Phones May Be To Blame For Disappearing Bees

www.thedenverchannel.com

DENVER -- Researchers in Germany may have found the cause of disappearing honeybees -- a worldwide problem that has also hit Colorado beekeepers hard.

The researchers are trying to determine what causes the collapse of colonies -- called colony collapse disorder. Beekeepers have found many of their bees disappearing and the hives collapsing.

One beekeeper from the San Luis Valley reported he started the winter with 6,000 beehives and emerged with only 1,000. Other Colorado beekeepers have reported similar loses.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If they are right, will mankind get rid of their cell phones to save the bees?

Or will we keep using them and gradually lose crops that depend on bees for pollination?

Cell phones?

www.thedenverchannel.com

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
www.thestar.com

A mysterious malady that is causing honeybees to disappear en masse from their hives in parts of North America and Europe may be linked to radiation from cellphones and other high-tech communications devices, a study by German researchers suggests.

While the theory has created a lot of buzz in the beekeeping world, apiarists say there could be any number of reasons why the bees are deserting their hives and presumably dying off in large numbers, including changing weather patterns and mite or other kinds of infestations.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I doubt its the cellphones, and I doubt that humans are causing global climate change. The PTB just want us to think these things are our fault so our taxes can fund their global government.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It's a bee mite that basically causes bee aids, which also reduces the amount of anti-bacterial goo bees put into honey, which then poisons the hive as the honey is not sterile and they have no immune system.

That is why "The parasites, wildlife and other bees that normally raid the honey and pollen left behind when a colony dies, refuse to go anywhere near the abandoned hives."

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I don't think its the cell phones either, the 'mites' seems more plausible.

Cell phones have been around for quite some time now, why would the effects just become appearent now.

Have they done any surveys or tests in areas based on bee populations in comparison to cell phone use? This may help rule out or in the possibility of cell phones.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Were these bee colonies anywhere around, near or in the path between any cell sites? How can that be possible? Cellphones have been around for ages. I had one when I was 21 and that was over 25 years ago. Why now all of a sudden?

Pie

top topics

join