It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who thinks there is going to be a massive war in the middle east within the next ten years?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
i think that there will be a huge war between the arab states, that will probably drag the western world into it as well, which will probably end up in a nuclear exchange. things are hotting up. you cannot deny that. i would like your views

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Oh most definitely...MOST definitely.

Russia, Iran, Egypt, Libya, and EU military presence to name a few.

Yes, sir. I do believe this will occur in the time frame you give.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yep...

Isreal cracks down on the Palestinians in a BIG way... A joint assault by Syria, Jordon, Egypt, and Lebanon occurs, but is repelled, assisted by the US. Iran goes into Iraq, when pro US, but anti-Iran government is installed. Pakistan and India renew their hostilities, meanwhile the monarchy of Saudi Arabia is overthrown, adding it's weight to the Isreal fight...with minor, but important Russian aid. France and Germany meanwhile, keep their support of the arabs limited to covert weapons deals, etc.

It's just a matter of time, and I'm less optimistic (I'll say 5 years), and it's going to be a mess....but I don't think it will get to the point of a nuclear exchange... If it did go that far, it would be done in response to arabs using chem attacks on Isreal, or the initial exchange between India and Pakistan....

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
im totally on your wavelength, man, and another thing, what is in your picture?

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What's in my picture? Why, a "Jihad Joe" doll of Osama of course, hehe....kind of a spoof of a GI Joe figure....

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
....look for it to happen in 2004.
There is growing opposition to Sharon in Israel, with too many factions not liking the militarism vector under his stewardship. If history is an indicator, that will have him ratchet things up.
That, coupled with the US moves in Afganistan, Iraq & Iran will force an Islamic unity. Add to that the likely ouster of Mushraff in Pakistan, the wild card, and you have an Islamic nuclear power entered into the fray.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yep, the ousting in Pakistan, is what's going to facilitate the clash between it and India...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
WWIII will definitaly start in the midle east.it's a major troublespot.Musharraf will die in a terrorist attack and the muslim integrists will take power.they will use the nukes against israel.israel will strike back.iran,saudi arabia,syria,lebanon and jordania will invade israel.US will join in for israel and india will attack pakistan.north korea will profit of this to nuke japan and the americans will be forced to send troops to invade north korea.china will send it's army against the us in the midle east and in north korea.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
NOT A CHANCE!!! whos going to do it? Isreal and palestine? more like a civil war, not a major conflict.

Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, UAE, Egypt are all western allies. so they arent likely to do anything.

Yemen is too isolated and just plain incapable. they tried it on with Oman in the late 80's and were sent packing.

Iraq, currently under american occupation, nothing going to happen there,

Syria and Iran are the only likely aggressors in the region and they would be dealt with im nuch the same fashion as Iraq was.

Even Lybia is bowing down to the pressure of the west!

If anything was to happen, and i dont discount that possibility, it wouldnt become a major all out war.

if you want to look for a likely source of war, look to Asia. Pakistan v India, possible, though they risk isolation from the rest of the world, as both are western allies, and west would not tolerate it. Then, of course, there is the China, Taiwan, Korean triangle! thats the most likey hotspot at the moment.

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by Knowsstuff]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
nothing is going to happen, not anytime soon anyway

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think the US first injected the military into Afghanistan, becouse it was an easy in. The only way into the middle east was by a poor drug country.

Second in Iraq becouse it would be noted by the arabic community. Look how quickly Libia got the message.
(note..finding Saddam may take the heat off of not finding any WMD's.)

India, I think is heavily invested in by the US with outsource of IT jobs etc. They wont be a target, but will be protected by the US, unless the want to play with Pakistan, then their on their own. That would be damaging to many companies at first, but would also bring many jobs back to america.

Pakistan,..I still think the next place the US 'visits'. They are in too deep providing nuclear process equipment and parts to countries like Iran and most importantly North Korea. They are playing on the US ball field right now, becouse they know that if they dont, they are a bigger target. (they are playing both sides of the fence)

North Korea,...now too dangerouse to do anything but a standoff. Sanctions, talks, and discussions, and short lived treaties, only.

Saudi ....I think they are a bit scared that the oil doesnt give them auto-immunity from actions from the US, but that can be used as a lever for cheaper oil bought in dollars.

Quite honestly, I think Isreal is the only wildcard that can disturb the current power flow of the US.

Other than that I believe only massive war will be US movements into resisting countries, aside from the occasional car bomber.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This might be a very narrow minded view but if there is a supposed major war in the Middle East i think the West will come out on top but not without its losses.

All i know is that i will fight for my Country if becomes what we dont want it to be.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
There already is a huge war in the Middle East. The War in Iraq, the Palestinian-Israeli situation, the suicide bombings all over the Middle East, and other non-reported "goings on" that we are not aware of.

What I am trying to say is that there does not need to be a World War for say but the war and destruction that is already occuring, can be considered as a "huge war".

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
thats not a huge war, thats guerilla warfare in iraq. The iraq war was not even a huge war! what they dont seem to realise is, the more trouble they cause the longer the coalition will have to stay in Iraq. if they let everyone get on with things, theyd be out quicker.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Well, there are a few things about this that I know about..

a. The Bible says the final war to end all IS indeed heavily centered in the Middle East, more precisely Israel. In fact, tensions between Israel and Palestine are heating up..who knows..I think there is a 70/30 chance of a major war by 2014. That is, if the world doesn't end in 2012, but everyone knows it will, hehehe

-wD

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
so what if the bible says that! the bible says lots of things and meanings can be manipulated to suit whoever reads it! where in the bible does anyone talk about how god created the dinosaurs, and then how he decided he was bored of them, and wiped them all out! i dont think the bible really holds too much water. nice for comfort when you need it, but its no use for predicting the future! stick to the tea leaves!

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well, it seems you haven't read the Bible too deeply now have you? Lets start with the basics. The commandments, if you haven't - read them. These some very good rules to live by, do not deny this, that would be plain ignorance!

It predicts tensions in the Holy Land, well, that obviously came true, didn't it? I know that I am on the right track, are you?

In fact, the Bible holds many truths. I would take some time to read some psalms and stories in the Bible, it may enlighten you. Try Genesis, Revelation, or Isaiah..these are some of the best

-wD

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
oh my, they predicted tension in the holy land? very exact and accurate!!!!

do you believe in your horoscope as well?

new topics

top topics

join