It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double-Parking no-good two-bit low-down rootin-tootin dang ol son's o guns...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I feel compelled to rant about double/triple/quadruple parkers. You know the sort. The person who has a fancy sports car or truck, and feel this entitles them to park diagonally across 2 to 4 spaces in a parking lot, usually right at the front of the parking lot.

I hate these people. I'd almost go so far as to say I hate them more than Osama Bin Laden. They are the lowest scum of the Earth and have a special place in hell reserved for them, where they'll be given the drained filth of the next circle up which is reserved for "people who talk on their cell phone during movies".

I'm searching for special printing paper, the kind that has a powerful adhesive on the back and is nearly impossible to peel off of glass. Why? Because I'm going to start printing up big bright easily read stickers that say something like "I Love To Double Park!" and then paste one on each window and perhaps the paint job of people who do this. It's the only way they'll ever stop.

Since these people are so important, they're usually gone from a place before a tow truck can be reached, and most places won't even call a tow truck.

What is so g--d---ed special about your car that you feel entitled to short 3 other people on a parking spot?

I've been considering my options... I could slash the tires, but that'd be loud, expensive, and worse, it only compounds the problem by making the vehicle nearly impossible to move from the spot. I could key the car, but they'd probably just think it was punks playing a prank. People who double-park never consider THEMSELVES to be at fault. So no tire slashing, no keying the car... what it really needs is something that really drives home the message of why they have been targeted...something that takes hours, but technically costs nothing and is unlikely to have the cops called (since it once again points out the crime).

...unless someone has a better idea on how to deal with this pestilence?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Oh, you mean the rednecks with the F-350s that are as big as aircraft carriers.

I hate those damn hicks!!!!

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Oh, you mean the rednecks with the F-350s that are as big as aircraft carriers.

Among others, absolutely! I mean, what the hell?!?! It's a pickup truck! It's a utility vehicle for hauling loads of stuff from Point A to Point B in less than favorable terrain, and yet some people treat them like they were a delicate little flower whose merest touch would cause it to wilt into a Nissan or something...

Typically, the other sort of car I see do this are the pimp daddy cars where the grill takes up 90% of the vehicle, but I've even seen Honda Civics do this... it boggles the mind.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Right you are. I agree with you 110%.

The thing that really gets me is when I drive to work, and find someone in their extended cab F350 parked in a spot that says "compact cars only", and then instead of parking on the 3rd floor I have to drive up to 12.

Also the same thing applies to the idiotas that drive their hummers to work and cant manage to park between the lines, therefore making me try to shimmy into a space about 2 feet wide.

At times like this I wish i drove a monster truck, so i could park on top of them

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

I'm searching for special printing paper, the kind that has a powerful adhesive on the back and is nearly impossible to peel off of glass. Why? Because I'm going to start printing up big bright easily read stickers that say something like "I Love To Double Park!" and then paste one on each window and perhaps the paint job of people who do this. It's the only way they'll ever stop.

I think sticking the paper on the windows will do the trick. But oh dear don't ruin their precious car or truck. That would be a disaster for those poor babies. There it would embarress them and perhaps attrait the police too. But don't let the police catch you.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I take the spot as close to them as possible, usually on the driver side and park within the lines of my parking space, but as close to thier door as I can get... :shk:

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I take the spot as close to them as possible, usually on the driver side and park within the lines of my parking space, but as close to thier door as I can get... :shk:

This is exactly what I do! I once watched a guy come running out of the store he was in (of course by this time my freind and I were almost inside another store) and I watched as he walked around and around my car, like I would come back to ask him what was wrong. Of course the guy couldn't say anything because I was completely in my spot.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I know a retired chemist from another board, and he said to use the fat black permanent marker on the windshield. It does come off. With a LOT of hard scrubbing. Enough to teach a lesson but not do damage.

Just an evil thought. I would never condone something so underhanded, sneaky and deserving.

top topics

join