It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: BUSH FOR A 3RD TERM???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
No i hadnt read their about page, but with a website full of news called "the spoof"...well the name speaks for itself.

Anyways I posted that as an add on joke to the main posters page.

If you think about it, the idea isnt so far fetched, I mean the main candidates making news on the media mostly seems to be Obama and Clinton. Basically, black man & white woman. Are we ready to make a breakthrough with a different kind of president? They might as well put in a Gorilla with a suit as a 3rd candidate and in the end the majority of population will say "Well we might as well stick with Bush".

Plus in regards to the 22 amendment or whatever amendment it is, I think its possible for some kind of loophole where congress/senate can either modify or make another amendment that would allow additional terms. Not that I think it will happen, but I think its possible.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"i think" you don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well, yeah, the 22nd can be rescinded... or more likely, a new amendment would be proposed and ratified that nullifies the 22nd. But that process takes years even when the general consensus is that it is needed. And once you get Congress to work together to officially propose the darn thing, you still need 3/4s of the state legislatures to approve it.

So, well, yes it is possible for the Constitution to be changed and for Bush to legally run for additional terms... It's just not probable.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Ok people, let's post with civility please.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
quote: "WOW GEE I SURE WISH PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANNOT VOTE IN HER ELECTIONS WOULD KEEP THEIR OPINIONS TO THEMSELVES AND DEAL WITH THEIR PISSPOT COUNTRY"

I can understand your principle but not the point. Problem's been some of President Bush's decisions seem to have a direct effect on some other Countries, not just within your own.

The thread topic is one that many members from many Countries can have a view on as a third term could have a negative effect on their Country and for a lack of better words their health as well. Your last five words quoted above might better-off being directed to the local Cowboy at the top of the ladder.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I was listening to the Randi Rhodes show yesterday and a caller said that Cheney was working to get rid of the 22nd ammendment, but Randi called him out and said that had basically been debunked and wasn't true. I would however would like to see the article that stated this.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
How many times do I have to say it "It would have to be passed by both the Congress and the Senate" which is not going to happen with Democrats rulling both.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I believe if something major happens, lets say nukes go off in our cities then he can call for Marshall Law and then he can issue an Executive Order that he remain in office as the Pres.

It wouldn't surprise me if something like this occurs and I do think we should keep this thought in the back of our minds in case they start throwing things out there in the news leading the way, you know how it works.

If this doesn't occur I believe the next Pres. could possibly already be bought and paid for, hmmmmmmm daddy and Bill C. have been buddy buddy since Katrina haven't they. Hillary comes to mind. We need to take them by surprise.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The question I have is Not if he can get another 4 years but, if something happened, could elections be suspended? @ nukes go off in Major cities Ny and LA, lets say. Do you think elections would be held the next day? I for one dont know anything about it, so I am actually asking if this is possible

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
I believe if something major happens, lets say nukes go off in our cities then he can call for Marshall Law and then he can issue an Executive Order that he remain in office as the Pres.

That's not the only thing that could happen and keep Bush in office!

1. We could be invaded by shape-shifting aliens who shape into a congressional senate and change the amendment.

2. Global warming could explode at a rapid rate and actually 'burn' the paper the amendment was written on.

3. Sadam Hussein could return from the dead and pull WMD from his pocket, destroy the U.S. and then...oh never mind.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My whole point was and is:
In order for bush to gain a 3rd term something MAJOR will HAVE to happen, martial law is one yet they need something to kick it off. I doubt they would repeal the 22nd, its to much of a hastle, it is easier just to rig votes till the planet blows up from age or declare martial law and just scrap the ENTIRE constitution. So if bushy goes for #3, then martial law is right behind him.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I doubt it, but then again, I just found this:

H. J. Res. 8: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Originally posted by seisen
How many times do I have to say it "It would have to be passed by both the Congress and the Senate" which is not going to happen with Democrats rulling both.

It's a democrat sponsoring the bill.

[edit on 4/17/2007 by Alien42]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
correct me if i am wrong, but in times of war a president is able to extend his 2 term limit.... and guess what, we are in a time of war, boys and girls!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Bush for a 3rd term would b e dictatorship. So, please dont even bring it up as a joke. That's when i blow up my inflatable raft and head South of the Florida keys.

Pluheeeeze!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Cheney 08'

Does anyone know what happens if Bush was to die this year and another 9/11 happened at the same time? Would Cheney be supreme ruler of us all forever and ever?

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
correct me if i am wrong, but in times of war a president is able to extend his 2 term limit.... and guess what, we are in a time of war, boys and girls!
But boys and girls, we KNOW the dangers of having a psychotic president for 1 minute past h is time to GO.

NO WAY.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watchful1
Cheney 08'

Does anyone know what happens if Bush was to die this year and another 9/11 happened at the same time? Would Cheney be supreme ruler of us all forever and ever?
Nope. Cheney would be kicked out on his be-hind.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think they brain wash the populations but not well enough to a point where he could re-elect him self president...

If that were to be announced, i think there would be so much riots in the streets that bush would have to be forced out as president or else the whole country will fall into chaos.

But then again if he is re-elected and no one cares, i guess people are brain washed to a point of no return.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien42

It's a democrat sponsoring the bill.

[edit on 4/17/2007 by Alien42]
BECAUSE THIS IS ALL AN ILLUSION, and Democrats are just as evil if not in bed with the Republicans, Bush, the Illuminati, etc. They all sleep together and have the same agendas. They play Good cop, Bad cop to give the illusion of what our forefathers put in place hundreds of years ago.

If they allow this, it would be the ultimate proof that i am correct.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That's true dgtempe,

Democracy is a mask that hides over the sad reality of a dictatorship.

No matter who is elected, the agenda rolls on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join