It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein was right: space and time bend

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The early results from Gravity Probe B, one of Nasa's most complicated satellites, confirmed yesterday 'to a precision of better than 1 per cent' the assertion Einstein made 90 years ago - that an object such as the Earth does indeed distort the fabric of space and time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

Imagine what we will know tomorrow!!

JbT

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
Imagine what we will know tomorrow!!

You know, Ive been hearing this all my 25 years on this earth.... But does it seem to anyone else that the next findings and breakthroughs are slowing down?

I mean, it was 90 years ago since that theory was thought. Since then there has not been many new breakthroughs to come along... at least that the public knows of.

I guess I would expect that in 90 years, we would be making larger steps than just now proving that theory. I would expect I guess larger uses and new theorys popping up. But still we are proving these old theroys right or wrong.

To the average citizen it would seem that technology is at somewhat of a standstill. At least compaired to what our grandparents would have seen anyways.

Eidt: Never the less, nice to know those old theorys still stand up.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by JbT]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
i cant find anything on john titor on this web site (my reason for joining) can someone prove him a hoax and put my mind at ease

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcired_tsew
i cant find anything on john titor on this web site (my reason for joining) can someone prove him a hoax and put my mind at ease

There is a search button on the top right on the ATS page that will lead you to all the john titor threads.

This thread has links to all his threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
More and more will becoming out as far as inserts of gravitational pulls.Gravity lessens when the light opens ones "true potential" it can't hold that particular gravity field on spirit.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm not a scientist, however the idea that the earth distorts space and time, then what does that make us? Are we traveling in a time bubble, while everything outside us stays constant?

If we go outside our own atmosphere, does that make it easier to travel forward and or backwards?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
You know, Ive been hearing this all my 25 years on this earth.... But does it seem to anyone else that the next findings and breakthroughs are slowing down?

I mean, it was 90 years ago since that theory was thought. Since then there has not been many new breakthroughs to come along... at least that the public knows of.

I guess I would expect that in 90 years, we would be making larger steps than just now proving that theory. I would expect I guess larger uses and new theories popping up. But still we are proving these old theories right or wrong.

To the average citizen it would seem that technology is at somewhat of a standstill. At least compared to what our grandparents would have seen anyways.

Dark Matter, Dark Energy, Higgs-Boson, those are just some of the
theories that have been created in the last two decades, indeed Dark
Matter was theorized first in the 90's.

As for science, we see scientific developments everyday, just look at
sites like Space.com, Physorg.com or TechNovelgy.com, they report
on scientific and technological developments the entire
work-week.

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
I'm not a scientist, however the idea that the earth distorts space and time, then what does that make us? Are we traveling in a time bubble, while everything outside us stays constant?

If we go outside our own atmosphere, does that make it easier to travel forward and or backwards?

Well think of it like this, space-time is a large sheet, now imagine the
planets, stars and other astronomical phenomenon as balls, now when
you put a ball on the sheet, the sheet is depressed under the ball.

That's the best explanation I can give, but basically there would'nt be
any time travelish effects.

[edit on 4/16/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79

It means in our layers of being, exist a "timeless potential" called spirit and once the structure of that thought resides in our "set reality" then again another "Timeless Moment" happens or begins.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The thoughts that we bring in actually fold up time and send it off to be recreated.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Really?! So do I! Can someone tell me why it all bends?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana

Really?! So do I! Can someone tell me why it all bends?

Because spirit is in charge of both.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Spirit? WTH.....that makes no sense. Not to offend anyone. Look, my posterior will bend and it's not because of 'spirit'. Which brings me to this...do you think there could be a massive black hole somewhere in this universe sucking up everything?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Spirit? WTH.....that makes no sense. Not to offend anyone. Look, my posterior will bend and it's not because of 'spirit'. Which brings me to this...do you think there could be a massive black hole somewhere in this universe sucking up everything?

It does, but its in the "perspective" which it makes it hard to see.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

Spirit is remarkably consistent then, because it pretty much conforms to GR and SR.

Perhaps "spirit" will give me some help calculating Penrose transforms next test?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Spirit? WTH.....that makes no sense. Not to offend anyone. Look, my posterior will bend and it's not because of 'spirit'.

Bravo!

Which brings me to this...do you think there could be a massive black hole somewhere in this universe sucking up everything?

The universe may be itself within a black hole - perhaps the 3 degree K background radiation is matter infall.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Navigation points to being.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

Originally posted by menguard

Spirit is remarkably consistent then, because it pretty much conforms to GR and SR.

Perhaps "spirit" will give me some help calculating Penrose transforms next test?

Indeed, if one is ready for the results.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The Universe interfolds on itself, so a "new design" is carried through the wavelengths of time/being, nothing more than a microminature depiction of the self folding in on itself.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Which is pretty much just babble.

"wavelengths of time/being"?

Can you even muster up a definition of wavelength? How that applies to time? No?

It's wonderful to sit around with your Zen Koan Generator or whatnot and post meaningless phrases, but it's generally an indicator of mental laziness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join