It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Officials: At Least 32 Dead After Virginia Tech University Shooting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here is my concern for this tragedy, many times copycat killers will follow, so lets hope this does not happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
An other shooting. I know that in the Us constitution there is something about the right to have firearm. It's good to go hunting, not to protect your family.... Police is there for that. See what looses guns are doing. 32 persons dead 21 wounded in a school. Really need a good firearm control legislation.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocGonzo

No way,I don't buy it.Millions watch,play and see the same things these people do without going off the deep end.I've enjoyed violent games like GTA,but in real life,I can barely bring myself to kill a bug.Explain that.
I believe it is like someone said earlier,which was the original purpose of my post in the first place.I think it has to be the pressure,and chaos of the times we live in.It's like we're all spinning out of control faster and faster as each year goes by.Just my opinion.

First of all what is there to enjoy with a violent game? What is there to enjoy with violent at all? Perhaps that is a discussion on itself already. It has already been proven that because of all the violence that is shown on tv, games, internet etc our society has become much harder and more violent. If only 1% of the millions you mention would commit a crime like this .........

It IS the pressure, and chaos of the current times we have created ourselves. We are not getting out of control because we are already and always have been. There have always been crazy people. It only happens more because of the tools and the examples we get presented every day. That is what makes it so easy! It's everywhere on tv and now it's waiting till the next one.

[edit on 16/4/2007 by rai76]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valombre
Really need a good firearm control legislation.
It happened once here in the 80s and handguns were banned, its never happened since. Its kind of hard to kill 30+ people with a baseball bat or knife.

Even people with swords or any other hand to hand weapon get overpowered before 3 or 4 are killed.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Its OK its only friendly fire

Perhaps Bush will engage in a war on any groups / associations the shooter were with.

Hey, Yanks the right to bear arms is a heavy burden eh!!

How many more Americans must die before you get it?

All the mad survivalists stocking up with small arsenals are more a threat to US civilisation than any terrorists or other perceived threat.

Thing is, if you all got a right to bear arms, what makes you think baddies won't? It can only lead to escalation, I reckon.

The UK doesn't have the same laws and shootings like this are smaller and less regular...a coincidence?

My condolences to the bereaved

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
And how is a gun not good to protect your family again??? Shoot bullet.....hole in bad guy..........family protected. Hell, even dubya could understand that.

Virginia Tech will probably go bankrupt from lawsuits. The lawyers are licking their chops.

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Just a few days before the eighth anniversary of the Columbine shootings

This is so sad and seems all too common.

[edit on 16/4/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76

First of all what is there to enjoy with a violent game? What is there to enjoy with violent at all? Perhaps that is a discussion on itself already. It has already been proven that because of all the violence that is shown on tv, games, internet etc our society has become much harder and more violent. If only 1% of the millions you mention would commit a crime like this .........

It IS the pressure, and chaos of the current times we have created ourselves. We are not getting out of control because we are already and always have been. There have always been crazy people. It only happens more because of the tools and the examples we get presented every day. That is what makes it so easy!

Well as far as enjoying violent video games and movies....whether we want to admit it or not,there is a primal need for these sort of things.If anything I think playing out those fantasies in virtual form would help soothe the savage beast,so to speak.The thing is most of us who play/watch such things know the difference between right and wrong....reality/fantasy.Unfortunately a growing number of Americans seem to be confusing those boundries,and therein lies the problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
bbc news 24 are reporting 31 dead and 20+ injured no words on how severe the injured are though

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
There is no way to control illegal firearms.

The police and intelligence work together in the UK and its helps to slow and restrict the amount of guns coming in. May not stop it completely, but it does have an effect of the amount coming it.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
ban all guns that would be smart? right? ppl guess what criminals all ways gets thier hands on gunz if they want to if u ban them no one can protect them selfs any more

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
And how is a gun not good to protect your family again??? Shoot bullet.....hole in bad guy..........family protected. Hell, even dubya could understand that.

Virginia Tech will probably go bankrupt from lawsuits. The lawyers are licking their chops.

Peace
Also, bad guy has a gun, shoot bullets, your child or wife is dead.

Id rather have a punch up with a criminal than have a family member and the criminal die. Maybe youre willing to sacrifice them?

Also, guns really didnt help these 31 people who died, did they?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Originally posted by Dr Love

Peace
Also, bad guy has a gun, shoot bullets, your child or wife is dead.

Id rather have a punch up with a criminal than have a family member and the criminal die. Maybe youre willing to sacrifice them?

from what i understand guns aren't permitted on students in schools or universities in the US so guns wouldn't be much use to them anyway whether they were banned or not

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dahl
ban all guns that would be smart? right? ppl guess what criminals all ways gets thier hands on gunz if they want to if u ban them no one can protect them selfs any more

So, the population should be armed so it can shoot eachother when threaten?

I have faith in the police and the justic system, thats why i don't need protection via a gun.

Try telling the families who have lost their sons and daughters today that gun control shouldn't be introduced.

link   

Originally posted by Tranceopticalinclined
I dont get why people are ok with takin others lives.

It's the whole "victim's" mentality. People that do things like this blame their lot in life on everyone else rather than themselves. Most of the individuals who commit these acts have a life that is a sinking ship and they are of the mindset of, "If I am going down, some others are as well."

link   
If we ban guns kids will just turn to explosives....

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dahl

Protect yourself is the job of the police officer. don't ban the firearm but having a good control on it. Less firearms, less stolen firearms less crimes caused by firearms. This is my point.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

This makes no sense at all. You really think a person with a gun is going to let someone close enough to them that they could get them un-armed by hitting them?

And the 31 people who died didn't have guns so that doesn't make any sense...

[edit on 16/4/2007 by enjoies05]

link   
flayer that was kinda stupid thing to say:Also, guns really didnt help these 31 people who died, did they? criminals all wasy get a hold of gunz if those 31 would have had a gun more of them would probably be alive

link   

Originally posted by Watchful1
If we ban guns kids will just turn to explosives....

Banning guns isn't going to do a damn bit of good. Criminals will get a hold of them no matter what you do. Banning guns just disarms the good people of a nation.Of course, that's the intentions of the powers that be anyway.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join