It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox 360 disc reading error

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I purchased my 360 at wal-mart about 2 1/2 months ago.Now when I go to load up a game I get a error message to insert this disc into an xbox 360 in about ten different languages.Anyone else get this error?It bums me out that I shelled out 400 clams and it lasts a little over 2 months.
I think I can take it back to wal-mart for an exchange (i hope).Any input anyone?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
it is a bit crap mate.
Question for ya? is it happening on ALL your games?
I get exactly the same thing happen on mine, but it only happens on 1 game which is World Championship Snooker 2007. ( it was released as World Pool Championship in the US ). Whenever i try that disc i get the same error message you reported ( its a weird message as well....why does it say put the disc in an xbox 360 console? IT ALREADY IS!! lol )
Anyway, i put the disc in and out 3 or 4 times and it always eventually loads up.
Like i say, if its just 1 game i wouldnt worry too much about it. Ive got nearly 20 games at the moment and they all play fine everytime. Might just be a faulty disc/fine scratch on the disc.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yup,its just like your problem RadioheadLee,Mine happens with saints row and call of duty 3.But all my other games are good.And its like you said if I keep trying eventually they play.I heard the disc drives have crappy laser lights in them.I don't know ,maybe the lens is getting dusty.Thanks for your reply RadoheadLee,cheers mate!

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
do you live in an especially dusty area? if so it may need to be cleaned...
my PS2 used to giveme the disk read error message but since i started ckeaning it myself it runs fine

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I thought about that Adam ,and that very well may be.I,m not sure about what to use to clean it though.M$ doesn't endorse any lens cleaners.Anything else could void the warranty.Any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'd definitely take it back are you getting the red light of death at all?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'd definitely take it back are you getting the red light of death at all?

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Me and my 360 have a love-hate relationship. 6 months back I was getting the same disc error messages, then eventually I got the red light death message. I had to send it back, it took about 2 weeks and they had "repaired" it for me. I was in joy, and played it, but alas a month later I got the same red light. I still have it, and just stopped playing it, I will eventually get it repaired but I am too lazy. I hope for your case that it is just for a select game, and doesn't evolve into a total meltdown.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
One of those expensive pretty looking disk cleaning kits. It was all that and a bag of chips. I took Disk that looked like a madman went after it with a machette. They work perfect. Just a note if you are having problems that is disk related.

Do you have online. I don't so I have to keep getting updates to play old games on my 360.

My 360 has an issue where it will lock up in the middle of a game. "Disk not readable" at least once a day. It usually happens right at the beginning. It's freaken weird. After that little snaffu I don't have problems for the rest of the day. Its totally bizzare to me. I turn the game on and let it sit for a while 10-20 minutes. It goes "Disk Error, Not readable", I push the button to pop the disk out, pop it back in and it works fine.

The one game I had real problems on lock ups was "Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion". I thought it was problems with the disk. Funny thing was I started playing Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowwind on the old xbox and it locks up the same way. Maybe a glich or something.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
well technically opening the Xbox 360 is a void in itself so if ya dont wanna void it just send it in for another one.
heh my PS2 has been void for almost 3 years now lol so if it capoots then i have to buy a new one but it dun bother me lol

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I returned the 360 to wal mart without any problems.I wasn,t getting the red ring of death,but with 2 days left on my 90 day warranty from wally world I wasn't taking any chances.

The one game I had real problems on lock ups was "Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion". I thought it was problems with the disk. Funny thing was I started playing Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowwind on the old xbox and it locks up the same way. Maybe a glich or something.
I've heard of this problem ALOT on other xbox forums Royal76.Theres gotta be some kind of glitch in elder scrolls.I'm wondering if the disc error was due to dust build up on the lens?Any idea on how to clean the lens without voiding the warranty?Just in case I get the error on this replacement 360.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
glad you got that all sorted out Crowpruitt. A friend of mine told me today that he had the same problem and sent his xbox back for a replacement and it never happened after getting a new machine. Bit worrying for me then, cos my xbox is obviously a bit dodgy at the moment.
You can get lens cleaning discs which play on the machine just like a cd. in fact , it is a cd with a small, fine brush on it that gently cleans over the lens each time it passes. You should be able to get these in any computer retailer or major music shop. Highly recommended mate.

top topics

join