It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sick Joke" Burns Child in Playground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

"Sick Joke" Burns Child in Playground

cnews.canoe.ca

MIDDLE RIVER, Md. (AP) — A 2-year-old boy was severely burned Saturday after he went down the slide at an elementary school playground. Someone had broken into the school, stolen several bottles of industrial-strength drain cleaner and splashed it all over the playground equipment, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.baltimoresun.com
blogs.usatoday.com
www.shortnews.com

[edit on 2007/4/16 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I am at a loss of words on how kids could think this is funny, I am all for a good joke now and then but to intentionally pour acid on playground equipment is in no way funny I hope they find the culprits and punish them for this malicious stunt.

cnews.canoe.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2007/4/16 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm sick to my stomach after reading that. A two-year-old, already experiencing the worst side of humanity. I'll be interested to know the age of the people who did this, and their excuse. Why would anyone just think it was a "joke" to put industrial strength chemicals on anything?

I don't think there should be a claim of ignorance when they catch the person(s) responsible. I have never noticed an institutional-sized container for a hazardous material not covered in warning messages/symbols. They also need to catch this person(s) before they decide to perform anymore "jokes."

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Jeezus Christmas. This is such a horrible thing. 2 years old. Probably just got the guts to go down a slide at all. What the hell is this world coming to?
Going to a playground - does it get any more innocent than that?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I hope that the full extent of the law is brought down on the sick, twisted people who did this.

I will be even more horrified if the culprits are adults, then they should be put in prison for life.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
What a sad story, poor little bugger. Makes you sick doesn't it, at least in America will actually punish the people responsible, when they hopefully catch the scum. Whereas in England the perpetrator would probably be sent on adventure holidays and have it blamed on some sort of stress or some b*llocks.

Hopefully the kid is still young enough not to be traumatised for life (mentally), and I hope the scars aren't severe.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The world is getting more twisted every day. The governments, people and children.

It's totally disgusting to think that someone would want to harm little children.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
The world is getting more twisted every day.

The only thing twisted are the parents for not bringing kids up right. I doubt this was done by an adult so that only leaves children who are unsupervised or not taught right from wrong

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok, I have a question.

Why did the school have acid in the first place?

I mean cleaner is one thing, but for them to actually have acid,
that seems really overkill.

It is sad the child was hurt as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yes it could be a child that did this sick joke. However, it could of been a sick adult as well. There are many out there. Who loves to hurt kids. In my opinion whoever did this probably sat around and watch this kid get hurt. He or she would of wanted to watch what happen. That's how these sicko's work.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Ok, I have a question.

Why did the school have acid in the first place?

It is a very common product to have around shcools and yes even homes it is uesd to clean drains. No big deal they had it, the problem lies with the idots that stole it and used it for purposes which it was not intended.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
It seems disturbed people are targeting playgrounds more often now. I heard of two instances last year wear razor blades were placed in the sand box and on the playground itself.I wonder if that school has cameras anywhere?It sounds like it was planned out.Usually kids just making trouble will break in and mess up the place maybe steal some electronic equiptment.But to break in and steal acid drain cleaner just to pour it down a slide sounds like the work of a terribly sick person,child or adult.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I don't feel bad for the 2 year old kid at all. I feel bad for the idiot who thought it would be funny to cause pain to children. I can just imagine him or her laughing at it at home while their watching it on the news.

This reminds me of that show "jackass". Sure the stunts and pranks were funny as hell, but most of them were staged, and most of the time they knew what they were getting themselves into.

I don't really know where I was going with that but..I don't hope the person who did this gets caught. I hope they learn for themselves that the next time they try something idiotic, they just may be caught. Which might lead them to sway away from such activities.

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
HOLY JEBUS!

Now, that's one azz, I'd kick myself.
Where's RS? - He won't like this either.....

:bash:

Sick, demented puke.

That's no joke.

That has got to be the height of cowardice.

Hope the cops find that demented monkey.

[edit on 17-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I saw this gut-wrenching story on the news! The Poor boy is still in the ICU from what I heard this morning. I felt hurt that any human could be cruel enough to do this to a child.

Imagin someone twisted enough to think hurting a child in this way could be even remotely amusing to anyone. I can't wait to see the SOB that pupertrated this despicable act tossed in prison for assult and attempted murder. Just thinking about it makes me want to issue a few "choice" words!

JacKatMtn, while I'm glad that you took the time to post this, I respectfully wish to complain about the title! This was NO Joke, by any streach of the imagination. I wish everyone would stop using the word "Joke" in describing this monsterous act. Intentionally hurting a child is NOT (and Never Will be) funny! This was a sick act.

I work at a school for children with disabilities, and just the thought of something like this happening at a playground like the one we have makes me feel sick inside.

Tim

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
theres only one word to describe this: sick

its just plain SICK

how could someone DO that?! they've got to have some mental issues

or they are possessed by the devil himself

no human being could do that

:shk:

new topics

top topics

join